• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What can be done, as Amex is cancelling my cards

Heisenberg37

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi guys
As in previous post i shared my experience of horrible FR.
Now that they are cancelling my cards is there anything i can do to convince them to keep them.

And for example they cancelled my cards when can I reapply again?

Attachments

• IMG_0228.jpeg
    IMG_0228.jpeg
    438.3 KB · Views: 1,157
I had MRCC which I used for 4 years then I got fed up of adding 1500 x 4 times every month to my Amazon pay.
it was so troublesome!

in addition to that I had to pay the annual fee of 885, which is at 50% discount.
They simply refused to waive off the annual fee or refund it!

So I purposely and purposefully closed it forever!!
Even though I was getting 16.66% more than all the current MRCC card holders (I was getting 7000 Amazon pay instead of 6000, for 18k points)

Last edited:
I had MRCC which I used for 4 years then I got fed up of adding 1500 x 4 times every month to my Amazon pay.
it was so troublesome!

in addition to that I had to pay the annual fee of 1770 which is at 50% discount.

How the fee is 50%?

I had to phone and request nicely to waive off the renewal fees, but they reduced it by only 50% every year.
If we pay the fees let's say full fee and let's say half fees like you
And if we do 1500*4 per month
What is the net gain after deducting the fees part
Is it profitable considering this mrcc has no other benefits like lounge or anything

it was so troublesome!

in addition to that I had to pay the annual fee of 885, which is at 50% discount.

Got it now..
Btw It's fine for me I do nps payment with MRCC which I am gonna do anyways..

Is it profitable considering this mrcc has no other benefits like lounge or anything
If you pay the renewal fee of 1770, the return goes down to 4.43%.
12 x 1240 points on 12 x (4 x 1500) spend to buy 12 x 6000 Amazon pay on Amex Gyftr 2x

If you pay the renewal fee of 885 (at 50% discount), the return goes down to 5.66%
12 x 1240 points on 12 x (4 x 1500) spend to buy 12 x 6000 Amazon pay on Amex Gyftr 2x

Last edited:
Depends on how can extract value out of it..
If you combine this with plat travel you can, both points will combine and you can buy vouchers from gold collection which is not available in plat travel.
Also if marriot bonus is available you can transfer to marriot..

You can spend 20k in some months i.e. 1500x4 + 14k and gain 1280 points additionally for that month. Except utility everything is included.

it was so troublesome!

Isn't the returns after annual fee still north of 5%
How's that a bad card in any case??

Back