• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What can be done if your HSBC Credit Card application rejected is due to non-serviceable address?

Bob78900

TF Premier
Yesterday tried to apply for hsbc smart value card. When i entered my address and clicked on next a message appeared with we do not serve in you city. I used my address all of my cards are at this address only. I live in top 3-4cities and in very good area. What can i do in this situation i also have my office address but i entered my home address if i get a chance to apply again within the same application i can try with my office address also.
Please tell me what to do now?

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
@Bob78900 I faced the similar situation when I applied for HSBC Platinum, my application was rejected after entering the address details. However, HSBC executives reached out to me a week later, prepared my application and submitted it later on. VKYC is done and waiting for card now.

Reactions: AsB

Bob78900

TF Premier
@Bob78900 I faced the similar situation when I applied for HSBC Platinum, my application was rejected after entering the address details. However, HSBC executives reached out to me a week later, prepared my application and submitted it later on. VKYC is done and waiting for card now.
They reached you automatically or you mailed them or called them? And when they contacted you. You used the same address again which was rejected earlier? Btw which card you applied?

Bob78900

TF Premier
@bidge please me did you called them or they called you? Its been more than a week they have not contacted me also not replying me on email. Customer care is useless they don't have idea about this

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
@bidge please me did you called them or they called you? Its been more than a week they have not contacted me also not replying me on email. Customer care is useless they don't have idea about this
Hi @Bob78900

My bad for the delayed response. After the application rejection due to location, I almost forgot about the HSBC Card. However, HSBC's credit card department executives proactively called me and enquired me about my application. They also asked me if I have any local address in any of their serviceable location. I gave address of one of my relatives as my local address. They reprocessed my application, and shared the link for VKYC.

Reactions: AsB

Bob78900

TF Premier
Hi @Bob78900

My bad for the delayed response. After the application rejection due to location, I almost forgot about the HSBC Card. However, HSBC's credit card department executives proactively called me and enquired me about my application. They also asked me if I have any local address in any of their serviceable location. I gave address of one of my relatives as my local address. They reprocessed my application, and shared the link for VKYC.
It's okay. Its been a week they have not contacted me also mailed them no response. Today i called and one was saying apply after 60days the other guy said your application is not showing i don't know what to do now😔

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
It's okay. Its been a week they have not contacted me also mailed them no response. Today i called and one was saying apply after 60days the other guy said your application is not showing i don't know what to do now😔
Hmm if your application is not showing in their records, then it might be the reason why their executives have not called you back. I have received my HSBC Platinum card recently. Also, please note that the local address of one of their serviceable which I used while applying for this card was reported by HSBC to Credit bureaus which means this address would show up in your credit reports. Also, HSBC did a physical verification on both the local address and at my office address before approving my request.

Bob78900

TF Premier
Hmm if your application is not showing in their records, then it might be the reason why their executives have not called you back. I have received my HSBC Platinum card recently. Also, please note that the local address of one of their serviceable which I used while applying for this card was reported by HSBC to Credit bureaus which means this address would show up in your credit reports. Also, HSBC did a physical verification on both the local address and at my office address before approving my request.
They are not even helping me its been now more than 20 days i have not received any mail or call already complained 6-7 times

runzone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey, were you available at the serviceable location when they came for physical verification? I also want to apply for HSBC card and I would give my brother's location in Pune but I won't be physically there. Also, I don't have any physical address proof of the Pune location.

Could you please suggest if I should go ahead and apply?

PS- I am salaried

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
I was also not there at the local address at the time of physical verification, however, since my relative was aware that I have applied for the card from their address, at the time of physical verification they mentioned that I live with them, hence the verification was successful.

Also, they not only verify your residential address but verify office address too. At the time of applying for the card, I mentioned the address of the branch of one of our offices which falls under their serviceable location. The verification guy approached that branch and enquired about my employment, since our organisation has many branches across multiple cities, employment details are usually verified using a core system which shares a common employee database. Due to this the details matched and verification turned out to be successful.

Also, please be informed that the local addresses which you are going to use, would be reported by HSBC to Credit bureaus and this will reflect in your credit history too.

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
Try to give a relative or friend address which is serviceable , HSBC just do video KYC if you are eligible for the card , no other verification , just tell that that address as your current address in VKYC.

I have an agent number for HSBC , if you are interested dm me , i will give you his number , he might help you in getting a card .