• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What needs to be done about cabs for Self Planned Trips - [Singapore] ?

anishcode

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
If I plan a Singapore tour personally,
  • flights and hotels can be booked by own.
  • Activities can be booked by own via thrillophilia or klook.
  • But how to and where to find cabs with optimal charges for internal traversing for pickup and drop?

Arun Pratheep

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
  • But how to and where to find cabs with optimal charges for internal traversing for pickup and drop?
You can use Grab or Gojek for internal travel which is costly or you can use Singapore pass and use trains to travel

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
TADA, Grab I used. Best is go to the nearest Metro station (there is one in Changi Airport), take a Ezeecard - load it with minimum $10 (of this $5 is non-refundable) and use this in both metros and buses in Singapore. Taxis are pretty steep, of which TADA is slightly cheaper. Don't take the Singapore pass that gives unlimited access for 3 days for $48 across metros and buses (this you get only at the airport and you should avoid it fully). For all the 3 days, even if you end up sleeping and waking up in the metros (MRT) or buses you wont be able to use that $48. Best is to walk to a nearest metro and take the Ezecard (validity is 5 yrs)

anishcode

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You can use Grab or Gojek for internal travel which is costly or you can use Singapore pass and use trains to travel
TADA, Grab I used. Best is go to the nearest Metro station (there is one in Changi Airport), take a Ezeecard - load it with minimum $10 (of this $5 is non-refundable) and use this in both metros and buses in Singapore. Taxis are pretty steep, of which TADA is slightly cheaper. Don't take the Singapore pass that gives unlimited access for 3 days for $48 across metros and buses (this you get only at the airport and you should avoid it fully). For all the 3 days, even if you end up sleeping and waking up in the metros (MRT) or buses you wont be able to use that $48. Best is to walk to a nearest metro and take the Ezecard (validity is 5 yrs)

Thank you @Arun Pratheep @venkateshr . This was helpful.

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ok Visa cards have daily processing fee of 0.6 sgd and MasterCard every 5 days. is the usual forex charges added
also how to use one card for family of 4

Last edited:

TJ90

TF Buzz
Okay, so I just came back from my trip with my family to Singapore and Malaysia yesterday.

I exclusively used Scapia for all the Grab taxi bookings I made and any other forex purchases I needed to do. I also had an ICICI forex card and Axis Atlas (rarely used it) as backup.

Mainly used the MRT and buses for point to point travel. Both Scapia and forex card worked fine without the unnecessary headache of forex markup.

If you don't have elderly people or infants in your family, I would suggest using the public transport system in Singapore as its top notch and saves you a lot of money in the long run.

Airport rides will exclusively be in Grab assuming lots of luggage.

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@Thomas244 Did you figure out how to get a card for a family of four?
Used 4 indusind exclusive debit cards . Worked without any issues. Mine and spouses card. Kids also we can open exclusive account. But since I was short on time I used my parents exclusive card. So 4 separate cards