• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which card setting enables/disables UPI payment?

korin

TF Buzz
Hi all,

I recently received my Indusind Rupay Card, and i was doing UPI payments by just enabling the POS option in their mobile banking settings.
However, today I realized that the POS limit was set to zero (0). This means the card shouldn't have made any transaction at all, but still UPI payments were going through.

In the internet banking settings of all the banks, I get only 4 options to enable/disable. Namely POS, ATM, Online Shopping, and Contactless/NFC.

I want to know which of these settings does affect the UPI payment? Or is UPI payment enabled even while all these settings are disabled?

I'm planning to test it while making my next merchant payment over UPI. But if someone already knows the answer, please contribute.

akshayhs

TF Ace
I want to know which of these settings does affect the UPI payment? Or is UPI payment enabled even while all these settings are disabled?
UPI related settings are separate from card-related settings as both features use separate mechanisms. So far, with the cards I have, I have observed that SBI provides a separate section for UPI related settings.

So, even if everything is disabled, and you still proceed to pay someone even for 1re. , on entering your PIN for your UPI credit card correctly, the transaction will go through.

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
Hi all,

I recently received my Indusind Rupay Card, and i was doing UPI payments by just enabling the POS option in their mobile banking settings.
However, today I realized that the POS limit was set to zero (0). This means the card shouldn't have made any transaction at all, but still UPI payments were going through.

In the internet banking settings of all the banks, I get only 4 options to enable/disable. Namely POS, ATM, Online Shopping, and Contactless/NFC.

I'm planning to test it while making my next merchant payment over UPI. But if someone already knows the answer, please contribute.
Two settings needs to be turned on -
1. Domestic Online txn
2. Domestic POS txn

UPI cannot work without the second one, for other OTP based online payments, the first one is enough