• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Why I am no longer crave for Infinia

ujjwal2024

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have HDFC Credit card since 10 years...HDFC is my first credit card..I started with teachers card....then 2-3 upgrade and Now I have Regalia Gold LTF
Now after reading so many posts about Infinia , I started to feel I am missing something great..
Then I started to think I should get it...
1) I upgraded my normal 10K account to 2L MAB preferred account...open account of my wife and mother....But RM referred to a credit card dept person who told he can manage DCB LTF for me...but Infinia he can not manage as My salary should be over 3L..
2) Applied over mail. they did not tell anything salary but tell criteria of existing card limit of 8L and last 6 month spend of 7.5L. I have the limit but not the spend.

Then started to read more about the benefit
What I have understood
My current LTF, regalia gold gives 4RP /150 whereas infinia give 5RP/150...Now these points are never for cash conversion....these are for hotel and airmiles..
Now, for accor hotel Gold and Infinia conversion rate is same i.e 2:1 airmile infinia is double than gold
And, I check that for Accor group Axis card is better and for marriot AMEX is better in normal spend

Where Infinia excels is in smartbuy...but in Regalia also, I am getting same benefit only 1RP less than Infinia..
In conclusion, I will be loosing in airmiles only...but My aim is mostly for Hotel....

Now, with my spend, I can easily achieve same benefit using Regalia gold and other bank cards.. So, If my salary increases and in some special year, my spend in regalia exceeds the threshold, I will be offered Infinia by their system automatically, then I will take it...
Othwerise, I will not loose that much...
So, I do not have any FOMO for Infinia as I have Regalia gold already along with other cards...
But I will take it if offered with fee also

I have HDFC Credit card since 10 years...HDFC is my first credit card..I started with teachers card....then 2-3 upgrade and Now I have Regalia Gold LTF
Now after reading so many posts about Infinia , I started to feel I am missing something great..
1) I upgraded my normal 10K account to 2L MAB preferred account...open account of my wife and mother....But RM referred to a credit card dept person who told he can manage DCB LTF for me...but Infinia he can not manage as My salary should be over 3L..
2) Applied over mail. they did not tell anything salary but tell criteria of existing card limit of 8L and last 6 month spend of 7.5L. I have the limit but not the spend.

What I have understood
My current LTF, regalia gold gives 4RP /150 whereas infinia give 5RP/150...Now these points are never for cash conversion....these are for hotel and airmiles..
You missed an important point. 1 regalia gold RP = Rs 0.5 and 1 Infinia RP = Rs 1. Taking the effective reward rate to 1.3% for RG and 3.3% for infinia
Now, for accor hotel Gold and Infinia conversion rate is same i.e 2:1 airmile infinia is double than gold
And, I check that for Accor group Axis card is better and for marriot AMEX is better in normal spend

Where Infinia excels is in smartbuy...but in Regalia also, I am getting same benefit only 1RP less than Infinia..
In conclusion, I will be loosing in airmiles only...but My aim is mostly for Hotel....
Again. Because of the value difference

5x means 6.5% in RG but 16.66% in infinia
10x means 13.33% in RG but 33.33% in infinia

That's a huge difference

I agree that Regalia Gold is a good card and different cards appeal to different people

Just pointing out the error in your calculations

Cheers

Infinia craving will never go, whatever logic you attach to it. You will crave for infinia unless you hold one :P

Regalia gold is never as good as Infinia, please don't even compare both.

You know this deep in your heart, thats why you are trying to compare and affirm your confirmation from all.

A person with Infinia will feel everything on Amazon/FK/Myntra/Groceries etc is 16.66% off if not more (ASV & AGV routes), meds are 33.3+% off (Pharmeasy). Even offline/ edu etc spends are 3.33% off.

However if you could just forget, you wouldn't have even bothered creating this thread. Best thing is to forget that infinia even exists.

I agree, few months ago when i was stuck with Millennia LTF for 5 yrs, i used feel jealous of all the people bragging their Infinia Metal LTF,
Now that i got a DCB PVC LTF, i couldn't care less, it's pretty much the same card with more limited reward cap

You missed an important point. 1 regalia gold RP = Rs 0.5 and 1 Infinia RP = Rs 1. Taking the effective reward rate to 1.3% for RG and 3.3% for infinia

Again. Because of the value difference

5x means 6.5% in RG but 16.66% in infinia
10x means 13.33% in RG but 33.33% in infinia
1 Regalia RP = 0.5 for all but 1 Infinia RP = 0.5 for accor and 1 Infinia RP = 1 for few airmile and ISH hotel
5X can also mean 8.8% in infinia in case of accor and few airmiles..
Now, my point is what I am missing in RG, I can get it from other card such as AXIS and AMEX

But RM referred to a credit card dept person who told he can manage DCB LTF for me...
Why didn't you get DCB LTF, speaking from my short experience, it's lovely card
And if your spends are less, spread over multiple cards (my spends are not that high, divided between Amex Plat Travel & Axis Vistara Signature), you won't feel any fomo of infinia

Why didn't you get DCB LTF, speaking from my short experience, it's lovely card
And if your spends are less, spread over multiple cards (my spends are not that high, divided between Amex Plat Travel & Axis Vistara Signature), you won't feel any fomo of infinia
As once taken DCB LTF, very hard to get Infinia later on...

Infinia craving will never go, whatever logic you attach to it. You will crave for infinia unless you hold one :P

Regalia gold is never as good as Infinia, please don't even compare both.

You know this deep in your heart, thats why you are trying to compare and affirm your confirmation from all.

A person with Infinia will feel everything on Amazon/FK/Myntra/Groceries etc is 16.66% off if not more (ASV & AGV routes), meds are 33.3+% off (Pharmeasy). Even offline/ edu etc spends are 3.33% off.

However if you could just forget, you wouldn't have even bothered creating this thread. Best thing is to forget that infinia even exists.
Not like that, Infinia is great but its benefit can be attainable from other cards..
You see, if your eligibility matches, HDFC will offer you automatically
No need to give extra effort on that
I will really like to have it

I would suggest get DCB. As i also had DCB and if 8L limit and spend of 7L in 6 months u can easily get infinia.

Sup[pose you take now by Next Dec you can easily get Infinia. Never Loose Hope Brother.

What I have understood

Now, with my spend, I can easily achieve same benefit using Regalia gold and other bank cards.. So, If my salary increases and in some special year, my spend in regalia exceeds the threshold, I will be offered Infinia by their system automatically, then I will take it...
So, I do not have any FOMO for Infinia as I have Regalia gold already along with other cards...
you have achieved nirvana :).. This will be the case soon.. infinia is hyped purely bcoz the other banks are very conservative and hdfc is using it to cross sell other products with gradual devaluation... Its their cash cow.. give and take... and we all always run behind wht eludes us.. so everyone wants it.. our human nature... using infinia and getting value out of it needs planned spends of certain value... not everyone is able to after getting the card.. i heard an hdfc cc senior person tell me that infinia makes them the most money - via fees and via mdr which then get converted to emi / min payment due cases.. so many are actually losing money bcoz they overspent in the craze for infinia...

What I have understood

does preferred banking status help? or RM are only present to sell you loan/ ULIP plans/ give quaterly calls to keep balance in account?
one of the reason I did not opt for classic/ preferred banking was to keep myself away from RM. Though I'm interested to get Regalia gold or DCB LTF, I'm unsure if RM helps in getting a good credit card.

you have achieved nirvana :).. This will be the case soon.. infinia is hyped purely bcoz the other banks are very conservative and hdfc is using it to cross sell other products with gradual devaluation... Its their cash cow.. give and take... and we all always run behind wht eludes us.. so everyone wants it.. our human nature... using infinia and getting value out of it needs planned spends of certain value... not everyone is able to after getting the card.. i heard an hdfc cc senior person tell me that infinia makes them the most money - via fees and via mdr which then get converted to emi / min payment due cases.. so many are actually losing money bcoz they overspent in the craze for infinia...
Yes. Completely agree.
Nirvana is when one realises Infinia is an MDC.

As once taken DCB LTF, very hard to get Infinia later on...
is this true that once we take upgrade from regalia gold to DCB, then we don't get upgrade easily from DCB to Infinia. Or should we wait then for direct upgrade from regalia gold to Infinia bhai ?

is this true that once we take upgrade from regalia gold to DCB, then we don't get upgrade easily from DCB to Infinia. Or should we wait then for direct upgrade from regalia gold to Infinia bhai ?
I think so as the network is different, they simply may delay and will make you spend more which you may do (some of it) unnecessarily
What I have understood
1) If your income is high >3L and salary account with them you will get it
if you do not have high salary
1) Your existing credit limit more than 8L and and your last 6 month spend is very high 6L-8L
Now getting Infinia is easy, just go up to Regalia gold normally and then Do high spend for 2 consecutive 6 months period and voila you will get invitation.
But my question is Why I will spend if I do not require it
So, lastly, If you are eligible (high salary, normally spend high) you will get Infinia...not that difficult...
But problem is without the fulfilling criteria and ready for the card (means due to lifestyle spend is high) we are looking to take it as it is best card (as our perception)

I can get Infinia, then I have to stop spending on AMEX, AXIS, SBI...I do not want to do that as, as per my calculation in combined use, I am getting more that I could have got if I only spend on Infinia..

does preferred banking status help? or RM are only present to sell you loan/ ULIP plans/ give quaterly calls to keep balance in account?
one of the reason I did not opt for classic/ preferred banking was to keep myself away from RM. Though I'm interested to get Regalia gold or DCB LTF, I'm unsure if RM helps in getting a good credit card.
What I have understood RM are not that useful...If you go that route then of course they need something from you (in the form of ULIP etc) to do something for you...but that also may not be guaranteed...

Back