• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Yes Bank Grandeur Account

that’s unfortunate but makes me feel better as I was regretting for not doing 20-30L to get a 2-3L limit. btw if you need to use the card for more than 50k a month, use imps transfer to clear up the limit, regular billpay will not work as BBPS doesn’t let you pay a bill before it has been generated.
Btw if you use max limit twice ig they block the card. Has seen someone's post.

Btw if you use max limit twice ig they block the card. Has seen someone's post.
Yeah I saw it too. Its weird. Jf 10k+gst, af 5k+gst, af reversal at 10L; they are giving people measly cl & expect them not to spend- repay- respend.
Even axis has this in tnc but they don't enforce it unless someone does business transactions.

that’s unfortunate but makes me feel better as I was regretting for not doing 20-30L to get a 2-3L limit. btw if you need to use the card for more than 50k a month, use imps transfer to clear up the limit, regular billpay will not work as BBPS doesn’t let you pay a bill before it has been generated.
I will contact the RM and BM regarding this once I get the card. But yeah it is pain to see 50k limit on premium card.

Yeah I saw it too. Its weird. Jf 10k+gst, af 5k+gst, af reversal at 10L; they are giving people measly cl & expect them not to spend- repay- respend.
Even axis has this in tnc but they don't enforce it unless someone does business transactions.
are you talking about that post i saw somewhere that got an sms saying you have used more than your limit. wasn’t that more like a warning or something? can you link it if you find it?

are you talking about that post i saw somewhere that got an sms saying you have used more than your limit. wasn’t that more like a warning or something? can you link it if you find it?
Yeah the same one.
Unless you do business transactions/ rotation, they most likely won't block the cc. If you have decent trv & no issue in cibil(negative comment/settlement/late payment), bm can reopen it with approval from higherups.

Yeah the same one.
Unless you do business transactions/ rotation, they most likely won't block the cc. If you have decent trv & no issue in cibil(negative comment/settlement/late payment), bm can reopen it with approval from higherups.
i dont want to get it to that point, the branch manager is a family friend and I do not want to annoy him. i have hotel payments that i need to make in a different currency (agoda) which come to about 70k and i need to pay this amount in about a week or so. do you guys know where exactly they specify that spending more than your limit in a month is against the terms of service? i’ll ask the bm tomorrow for more concrete information but having the exact line in MITC or lack thereof would be helpful.

yeah ofc but i would rather maintain the money in this bank because of the bm as hdfc is giving me F**k all for maintaining several lakhs.
Yeah, I'm planning to close the account but there are closure charges as well as RM opened 2 normal accounts in addition I need to close those as well so ₹1800 charge payable soon 😥.

Yeah, I'm planning to close the account but there are closure charges as well as RM opened 2 normal accounts in addition I need to close those as well so ₹1800 charge payable soon 😥.
why would you close it? you get a 0 forex debit and its 0 mab. by the time they downgrade you, you won’t have to pay closure fees. keep it open imo

why would you close it? you get a 0 forex debit and its 0 mab. by the time they downgrade you, you won’t have to pay closure fees. keep it open imo
Also I wanted to link 2 normal accounts to my Grandeur but never got reply from branch and the branch is bit far from my home... Although I've never visited asked my nearest branch regarding this... But I don't have any extra funds to park...

i dont want to get it to that point, the branch manager is a family friend and I do not want to annoy him. i have hotel payments that i need to make in a different currency (agoda) which come to about 70k and i need to pay this amount in about a week or so. do you guys know where exactly they specify that spending more than your limit in a month is against the terms of service? i’ll ask the bm tomorrow for more concrete information but having the exact line in MITC or lack thereof would be helpful.
It's not a big deal. You can always ask bm to do this much even when he is not your friend .
See some things are automated profess. Like if you don't maintain money, the system will trigger a warning to you, rm and bm. But in most bank like hdfc, idfc. Icici final downgrade is at the hands of rm/bm.

Most likely higher usage warning is system generated. The thing is here they are under 2 different department. account trv under branch banking and cc under loan department. But this can be bypassed by higher ups approval. If you have decent trv, they'll happily approve it. Yes bank is not in a great place financially. So if they cheap funds from you, they are more eager to give extra benefits as well.

Last edited:
Back