• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Zero Balance Savings Account with a LTF Debit Card - Suggestions please !

wolfdalalstreet

TF Premier
Looking for this for a relative of mine, who is not very tech savvy.

A Zero Balance Savings Account with a Life Time Free Debit Card. Do you have any suggestions? No Fi & Jupiter please. Any other private or Government Bank will do which has a physical branch presence.

BSBDAs have deposit limits of Rs. 50000 so not those ones too.

Last edited:
There are quite a few, wnd reliable too. But you can't get a physical debit card for free with any of these, but virtual DC will be free.
1. Kotak 811 - Visa DC, also will get pre approved credit card offers after few months. (MY PICK)
2. India post payment bank - Rupay DC
3. Payrm Payment bank - Visa DC
4. Any of the leading bank's BSBDA will come with a 0 MAB account with a Free RUPAY physical sebit card, prefer - SBI, HDFC, ICICI

There are quite a few, wnd reliable too. But you can't get a physical debit card for free with any of these, but virtual DC will be free.
1. Kotak 811 - Visa DC, also will get pre approved credit card offers after few months. (MY PICK)
2. India post payment bank - Rupay DC
3. Payrm Payment bank - Visa DC
4. Any of the leading bank's BSBDA will come with a 0 MAB account with a Free RUPAY physical sebit card, prefer - SBI, HDFC, ICICI
Kotak 811 has a paid DC. PayTM Bank does not have physical presence. BSBDAs have limits of Rs. 50000 deposit which doesn't work for this requirement.

Kotak 811 has a paid DC. PayTM Bank does not have physical presence. BSBDAs have limits of Rs. 50000 deposit which doesn't work for this requirement.
Then your relative should definitely go with SBI regular savings account. The MAB is 0, the branches/CSP are present almost everywhere, and the debit card is the cheapest - only 125+GST. Now don't say he/she cannot bear ₹147 for all the services availed.
Alternatively, you can also get a Lifetime Free ATM only card, if your relative donot use card for online transactions and only needs to withdraw cash from ATM.

A Zero Balance Savings Account with a Life Time Free Debit Card. Do you have any suggestions? No Fi & Jupiter please. Any other private or Government Bank will do which has a physical branch presence.

ICICI wealth
Can be opened with initial funding of 5L, after that it's zero mab.
Every thing with the account is free

Since no one suggested I am recommending bob for which rupay platinum virtual is free
It have min bal but 1k if non metro
Advantage is fully digital we can open account from comfort of home and existence of branch u can see its well available

Since no one suggested I am recommending bob for which rupay platinum virtual is free
It have min bal but 1k if non metro
Advantage is fully digital we can open account from comfort of home and existence of branch u can see its well available
Bro he has mentioned that the relative is not very tech savvy, and you are recommending purely digital account 😅

Yes, this one is fine if the withdrawal is allowed after initial funding. I am going to search for IndusInd too as I guess IndusInd too has accounts with similar initial funding and then 0 MAB & LTF DC.
Withdrawal is possible for the entire amount no worries, have been holding it as 0 balance for 1.5 years

Yes, this one is fine if the withdrawal is allowed after initial funding. I am going to search for IndusInd too as I guess IndusInd too has accounts with similar initial funding and then 0 MAB & LTF DC.
You can also wait for Indus partner offer during Valentine's day. Some branches opened partner with single person as well, so should work.

Then your relative should definitely go with SBI regular savings account. The MAB is 0, the branches/CSP are present almost everywhere, and the debit card is the cheapest - only 125+GST. Now don't say he/she cannot bear ₹147 for all the services availed.
Alternatively, you can also get a Lifetime Free ATM only card, if your relative donot use card for online transactions and only needs to withdraw cash from ATM.
And there's free virtual card too

Back