• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Club Vistara Air India Integration Announced

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
  • Tier Status – Your tier status will be assigned based on the cumulative points of both programs. You will be able to maintain, at least, your current Club Vistara tier status or get upgraded if you qualify based on the cumulative points. Going forward, the rules of Flying Returns will apply.

• CV Points and Tier Points balance – On the day of migration, the CV Points balance and the Tier Points available in your account will be transferred to the Flying Returns program at a 1:1 ratio. The points will remain valid for at least one year from the date of migration, even if they are due to expire sooner.

• Future bookingsusing CV Points and Complimentary Flight Ticket vouchers –
    • All future bookings will be transferred, and you and your nominees will receive the revised flight details post-migration.
    • Any changes to the existing bookings will be as per Flying Returns’ rules, post the migration.
  • Vouchers – All valid unutilized One-Class Upgrade vouchers and Complimentary Flight Ticket vouchers will be transferred to Flying Returns with the existing validity. The usage will be governed by the applicable program rules.

• Co-brand Cards – Updates regarding Club Vistara Co-brand Cards will be shared in the coming weeks.

My thoughts
It will be a huge devaluation of the value of CV points since mileage requirements for Flying Returns are significantly higher than the Flying Returns Program. Though this would open a wide range of travel options. Air Vistara has given no clarity that if one opts out of migration then till what date they can consumer their vouchers and CV points within the existing program. They should have been more specific with timelines regarding the same so that one doesn't lose the value of their points since they had very aggressively given a transfer bonus just two months back. Sadly one of my favourite domestic airline brands is going to merge and vanish from the market.

@airvistara should clearly give timelines of the following 1) What will be the exact date of the merger? 2) Existing CV points and vouchers can be used to make bookings till what date? 3) If someone opts out of the merger then what timelines does one have to use the CV points and vouchers?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 6.01.57 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 6.01.57 PM.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

warden

TF Buzz
Have 60k+ CV Points, with no immediate plans to travel within 3-4 weeks, added fact - I don't have nominees activated. Is there a way to transfer to some other program or make use of these? Asking cause recently saw how Air India's Flying Return points were giving a extremely low value.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Have 60k+ CV Points, with no immediate plans to travel within 3-4 weeks, added fact - I don't have nominees activated. Is there a way to transfer to some other program or make use of these? Asking cause recently saw how Air India's Flying Return points were giving a extremely low value.
Same boat. But the revamped FR program offers the same if not better value for redemption than CV. So I'm not complaining.

msk1437

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Same boat. But the revamped FR program offers the same if not better value for redemption than CV. So I'm not complaining.
It's almost same except when you're booking for within 3 months where flying returns points requirement rockets up and my bookings are mostly within 3 months itself

So its a significant downgrade for me

One benefit would be the coverage of air india

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
  • Tier Status – Your tier status will be assigned based on the cumulative points of both programs. You will be able to maintain, at least, your current Club Vistara tier status or get upgraded if you qualify based on the cumulative points. Going forward, the rules of Flying Returns will apply.

• CV Points and Tier Points balance – On the day of migration, the CV Points balance and the Tier Points available in your account will be transferred to the Flying Returns program at a 1:1 ratio. The points will remain valid for at least one year from the date of migration, even if they are due to expire sooner.

• Future bookingsusing CV Points and Complimentary Flight Ticket vouchers –
    • All future bookings will be transferred, and you and your nominees will receive the revised flight details post-migration.
    • Any changes to the existing bookings will be as per Flying Returns’ rules, post the migration.
  • Vouchers – All valid unutilized One-Class Upgrade vouchers and Complimentary Flight Ticket vouchers will be transferred to Flying Returns with the existing validity. The usage will be governed by the applicable program rules.

• Co-brand Cards – Updates regarding Club Vistara Co-brand Cards will be shared in the coming weeks.

My thoughts
It will be a huge devaluation of the value of CV points since mileage requirements for Flying Returns are significantly higher than the Flying Returns Program. Though this would open a wide range of travel options. Air Vistara has given no clarity that if one opts out of migration then till what date they can consumer their vouchers and CV points within the existing program. They should have been more specific with timelines regarding the same so that one doesn't lose the value of their points since they had very aggressively given a transfer bonus just two months back. Sadly one of my favourite domestic airline brands is going to merge and vanish from the market.

@airvistara should clearly give timelines of the following 1) What will be the exact date of the merger? 2) Existing CV points and vouchers can be used to make bookings till what date? 3) If someone opts out of the merger then what timelines does one have to use the CV points and vouchers?
Time to get the axis VI card again

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
It's almost same except when you're booking for within 3 months where flying returns points requirement rockets up and my bookings are mostly within 3 months itself

So its a significant downgrade for me

One benefit would be the coverage of air india
Not really. I checked for flights 1 month out and the requirements were the same(at least for the routes I use). Anyways, I used to use my points to upgrade my award class before. I should see how to go about it now. The A350s will be serving the domestic sector for another 6 months or so for training and then it's going to serve long haul. I'll see if I can experience their new J product by then.

Last edited:

msk1437

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Not really. I checked for flights 1 month out and the requirements were the same(at least for the routes I use). Anyways, I used to use my points to upgrade my award class before. I should see how to go about it now. The A350s will only be serving the domestic sector for another 6 months or so for training and then it's going to serve long haul. I'll see if I can experience their new J product by then.
What route do you usually use?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Not really. I checked for flights 1 month out and the requirements were the same(at least for the routes I use). Anyways, I used to use my points to upgrade my award class before. I should see how to go about it now. The A350s will only be serving the domestic sector for another 6 months or so for training and then it's going to serve long haul. I'll see if I can experience their new J product by then.
2 of them already deployed for Dxb