• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

A new term courtesy of HDFC: "Pre-eligible"

@SSV do you know any tricks to increase the credit limit in pre-approved HDFC cards? I'm talking about improving CL before getting the card. I am not in a hurry and my target is to have at least 1.5 L limit so I can get Neu infinity. So was wondering if I could do something to prompt HDFC to improve CL offer

Reactions: SSV
@SSV do you know any tricks to increase the credit limit in pre-approved HDFC cards? I'm talking about improving CL before getting the card. I am not in a hurry and my target is to have at least 1.5 L limit so I can get Neu infinity. So was wondering if I could do something to prompt HDFC to improve CL offer
Having increased balance in the relationship such as SB balance, FD and RD balances, DC EMI in electronic items purchase etc .
Bill pay paments using HDFC DC, opting for Smart pay ( ie auto bill payment), paying other CC bills using HDFC DC.

I had greatest hdfc cc lord mb+ which I closed in January.
6 months passed and no cc offers yet.

Getting 2W Loan , DC EMI , Flexi Emi offers.

I have preferred account and have been maintaining Savings balance near to Imperia’s eligibility criteria and also have a RD and FD.

Suggestions.

CIBIL 802View attachment 65221
Traveling in a same boat ( on behalf of family member).

Heard somewhere it takes 1 year for getting pre approved again after closing the card! Not sure how much true it is.

I had greatest hdfc cc lord mb+ which I closed in January.
6 months passed and no cc offers yet.

Getting 2W Loan , DC EMI , Flexi Emi offers.

I have preferred account and have been maintaining Savings balance near to Imperia’s eligibility criteria and also have a RD and FD.

Suggestions.

CIBIL 802View attachment 65221
Wait and watch. When that offer starts hitting, they will spam the life out of you

you just enter whatever you want .. it will be approved without any docs
One of my relatives had a salary account with HDFC, after she stopped working it got converted to normal savings account. I had it converted to savings max to avoid DC fees.
She is now not earning anything and has 2L balance in SB.
Any chance for an unsecured credit card. Obviously she can't provide any income proofs or salary slips.

One of my relatives had a salary account with HDFC, after she stopped working it got converted to normal savings account. I had it converted to savings max to avoid DC fees.
She is now not earning anything and has 2L balance in SB.
Any chance for an unsecured credit card. Obviously she can't provide any income proofs or salary slips.
Yes, she will.. just keep doing the activities I mentioned in my previous posts

1. Wait for 4 months from the date of closure email from hdfc.
2. Maintain as much balance in savings / FD (I kept 5 lakhs in FD and few thousands in savings account- savings max, not salary account)
2. From the netbanking portal (after logging in), apply for hdfc credit card once (even if you don’t have any offer). They will show paid cards. Dont take it. Close the window.

Most probably you will get a LTF Credit Card offer in email in a few days provided your cibil is good.

All the best and do update if things work out or even if it doesn’t.

Last edited:
1. Wait for 4 months of the date of closure email from hdfc.
2. Maintain as much balance in savings / FD (I kept 5 lakhs in FD and few thousands in savings account- savings max, not salary account)
2. From the netbanking portal (after logging in), apply for hdfc credit card once (even if you don’t have any offer). They will show paid cards. Dont take it. Close the window.

Most probably you will get a LTF Credit Card offer in email in a few days provided your cibil is good.

All the best and do update if things work out or even if it doesn’t.
But won't it trigger an enquiry and restrict to apply for 3 months or so? Be careful there!

I also got the same offer but after opening the link it is showing me three card options but LTF and Amazon voucher is showing only on two, whether third one is also pre- approved or not ?
Yes, the third one is also pre approved…
It helps us if you can share SS in advising you

Yes, the third one is also pre approved…
It helps us if you can share SS in advising you
One more Query - should i opt for a co branded card as my first ever credit card ?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-09-11 at 19.53.30_2528c7b6.webp
    WhatsApp Image 2024-09-11 at 19.53.30_2528c7b6.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 25
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-09-11 at 19.53.30_ea60931d.webp
    WhatsApp Image 2024-09-11 at 19.53.30_ea60931d.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 25
Back