• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor max redemption limit is not properly considered

GoodGuy

TF Buzz
Hi

New to accor. I am trying to book a hotel using accor points. hotel cost for 1 night is shown as Rs 7484.48 ( 6554 + 930.48- Taxes )
What i know is i can't pay Taxes Online using accor points (so that is Rs 930.48). have 2 questions :

1. why it is showing max point i can redeem is 2000 points only !! I do have more points in accor . Earlier it was multiple of 2000.. but i think it changed to multiple of 1000.. (it should allow me atleast 3k points to burn)

2. Also, if i book it (redeem 2k points now) and when i checkout from the hotel - can i pay using my accor points entire remaining amount ?

Please let me know. Attached screenshot .Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• accor.png
    accor.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 37

drsel

TF Legend
Try to choose "pay at the hotel" option even if it is more expensive.
Then at the time of check out you can include your food bills and any transport service you availed & pay entire bill with points.
I have not experienced it but this is what I read on the forum.
On check out some hotels will not allow you to pay taxes with points and some will allow you to pay only 90% of the bill with points, but you got it accept it as it is

drsel

TF Legend
Also most Accor hotels allow redemption only in multiples of 2000 points
very few allow multiples of 1000 points

Karthik24

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
1. Through app, you can redeem point only in multiple of 2000.
2. If you choose pay at hotel, you will be able to redeem the points in multiples of 1000 including tax and others that you add it to bill.. (but better to get that in written via mail to the respect)

aashish2137

TF Select
Hi

New to accor. I am trying to book a hotel using accor points. hotel cost for 1 night is shown as Rs 7484.48 ( 6554 + 930.48- Taxes )
What i know is i can't pay Taxes Online using accor points (so that is Rs 930.48). have 2 questions :

1. why it is showing max point i can redeem is 2000 points only !! I do have more points in accor . Earlier it was multiple of 2000.. but i think it changed to multiple of 1000.. (it should allow me atleast 3k points to burn)

2. Also, if i book it (redeem 2k points now) and when i checkout from the hotel - can i pay using my accor points entire remaining amount ?

Please let me know. Attached screenshot .Thanks in advance :)
You can pay taxes using Accor points.

1. Can you share a screenshot? I tried booking something today and was able to use points for the entire booking.
2. If its a non-refundable booking, then no. For non-refundable booking, the app will ask for a card and charge the rest to the card before check-in. Try to pay max amount using points while booking to avoid this stress. Although, even for a non-refundable booking, you can pay for meals and other bills during your stay with points at checkout.

aashish2137

TF Select
2. If you choose pay at hotel, you will be able to redeem the points in multiples of 1000 including tax and others that you add it to bill.. (but better to get that in written via mail to the respect)
The app now allows using points in multiples of 1000 at the time of booking.

GoodGuy

TF Buzz
for the 2nd point.. so shall i not even redeem 2000 points on app/website at all.. and pay full payment at hotel using points ?
how about i redeem 2000 points on app and remaining balance (~3.5K) will i be able to redeem during checkout ?

aashish2137

TF Select
for the 2nd point.. so shall i not even redeem 2000 points on app/website at all.. and pay full payment at hotel using points ?
how about i redeem 2000 points on app and remaining balance (~3.5K) will i be able to redeem during checkout ?
Only if its a refundable/ cancelable booking. If its non-refundable, the hotel will charge to your card at the time of check in.

drsel

TF Legend
You can pay taxes using Accor points.

1. Can you share a screenshot? I tried booking something today and was able to use points for the entire booking.
2. If its a non-refundable booking, then no. For non-refundable booking, the app will ask for a card and charge the rest to the card before check-in. Try to pay max amount using points while booking to avoid this stress. Although, even for a non-refundable booking, you can pay for meals and other bills during your stay with points at checkout.
But for all food and drinks, is the value of 2000 points only 20 euros and not 40 euros?

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am at one of the Novotel property and they are mentioning that they can redeem only 2000 points from my account.

I had read somewhere on twitter that for redemption of more than 2000 points, some KYC is needed. Anyone aware of this process?

akash25ch

TF Buzz
RML Group
I am at one of the Novotel property and they are mentioning that they can redeem only 2000 points from my account.

I had read somewhere on twitter that for redemption of more than 2000 points, some KYC is needed. Anyone aware of this process?
Nothing as such

akash25ch

TF Buzz
RML Group

Nothing as such

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Nothing as such
Actually Yes. It was not showing an option to redeem more than 2000 points in my case.

Redemption above 2000 points at one go requires an OTP. You can whats app Accor helpline and they update the mobile number in the backend and enable for receiving the OTP, after that you can redeem more than 2K points. My account on app already had mobile number updated, however it required intervention from support team to enable for receiving OTP

aashish2137

TF Select
Actually Yes. It was not showing an option to redeem more than 2000 points in my case.

Redemption above 2000 points at one go requires an OTP. You can whats app Accor helpline and they update the mobile number in the backend and enable for receiving the OTP, after that you can redeem more than 2K points. My account on app already had mobile number updated, however it required intervention from support team to enable for receiving OTP
I've always received Accor OTP on email, never on phone. Also, twice ALL points were deducted without an OTP so I doubt this is mandatory.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I've always received Accor OTP on email, never on phone. Also, twice ALL points were deducted without an OTP so I doubt this is mandatory.
Last time, the hotel (Novotel) was not able to redeem more than 2000 points at one go. 2000 points can be redeemed without OTP

Anyways, I reached out to Accor plus support number over whatsapp and they did something in the backend. Will test it in one of the upcoming international stays where I need to redeem a lot more than 2000 points

P.S: Had to do something similar for ITC as well while redeeming good amount of points at ITC goa few months back

aashish2137

TF Select
Last time, the hotel (Novotel) was not able to redeem more than 2000 points at one go. 2000 points can be redeemed without OTP

Anyways, I reached out to Accor plus support number over whatsapp and they did something in the backend. Will test it in one of the upcoming international stays where I need to redeem a lot more than 2000 points

P.S: Had to do something similar for ITC as well while redeeming good amount of points at ITC goa few months back
No, you're missing the point. You're talking about updating mobile number in Accor records but the OTP comes via email, not on the phone. I was traveling to Phuket and my phone network wasn't working there but I had no issues in point redemption because at property #1 OTP came on email (16K point redemption) and at property #2 no OTP was required (20K point redemption). There is no KYC process.

How much was your bill at your Novotel stay? Was it enough to warrant a redemption 4000 points? That could be the reason your redemption was capped at 2000.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No, you're missing the point. You're talking about updating mobile number in Accor records but the OTP comes via email, not on the phone. I was traveling to Phuket and my phone network wasn't working there but I had no issues in point redemption because at property #1 OTP came on email (16K point redemption) and at property #2 no OTP was required (20K point redemption). There is no KYC process.

How much was your bill at your Novotel stay? Was it enough to warrant a redemption 4000 points? That could be the reason your redemption was capped at 2000.
I know what you are saying. There was no option for hotel to send email OTP as well.

Required points were 3000. So he used 2000 points on day 1 and remaining 1000 points on day 2. That worked. From what I understand 1000 point redemptions are also possible

Or it could also be possible that 3000 points cannot be redeemed at once it only has to be even numbered thousands. If thats the case then you are right