• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor plus membership and 50% dining discount

navam

TF Premier
Quick question for folks with the accor plus membership (the 12k points one) about dining discounts, it says upto 50% on dining on their site -
1. Since it says upto it probably isn't 50 right? So how do I know which restaurant has what % discount?
2. Is the discount on all kinds food, buffets vs alacarte, in-room vs at restaurant? These details aren't provided anywhere
3. Going on a good 15 day trip to Thailand with family staying at accor hotels, wondering if this food discount will be worth getting the membership, any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231013-115721.png
    Screenshot_20231013-115721.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 37

navam

TF Premier
Wah sounds like might be worth the 12k points then. In room is also included in this kya? Just curious

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Room there. Just read through all the features. Because u need to read to know its intricacies and optimise for urself.

navam

TF Premier
Room there. Just read through all the features. Because u need to read to know its intricacies and optimise for urself.
Let me try looking for it again maybe I missed it, I could not find a detailed tnc that's why asking here :)

drsel

TF Legend
Quick question for folks with the accor plus membership (the 12k points one) about dining discounts, it says upto 50% on dining on their site -
1. Since it says upto it probably isn't 50 right? So how do I know which restaurant has what % discount?
2. Is the discount on all kinds food, buffets vs alacarte, in-room vs at restaurant? These details aren't provided anywhere
3. Going on a good 15 day trip to Thailand with family staying at accor hotels, wondering if this food discount will be worth getting the membership, any thoughts?
Not worth paying for it. Thailand local restaurant food is cheap and delicious

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Accor plus membership is good, if you are booking rooms from the ALL app, where you get special offer for ALL members which would cover the cost of the membership. Plus there are lot of vouchers (while all might not be useful), it will definitely cover the 12k cost over an year.

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Accor plus membership is good, if you are booking rooms from the ALL app, where you get special offer for ALL members which would cover the cost of the membership. Plus there are lot of vouchers (while all might not be useful), it will definitely cover the 12k cost over an year.
Yes. If you have Accor hotels nearby then it's added bonus. 50% straight off for 2 people everytime you dine is amazing!

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The best value of ALL points is for room booking. For all other's just use the benefits of being an ALL member (like 50% off on dining) and other vouchers.

Just to mention a use case, I used a voucher for Novotel lunch buffet at Bengaluru which gives a flat 50% off for 6 to 12 people. this one voucher itself saves around 900 per person which is equivalent to atleast 5.5k savings with a minimum of 6 people.

drsel

TF Legend
The best value of ALL points is for room booking. For all other's just use the benefits of being an ALL member (like 50% off on dining) and other vouchers.

Just to mention a use case, I used a voucher for Novotel lunch buffet at Bengaluru which gives a flat 50% off for 6 to 12 people. this one voucher itself saves around 900 per person which is equivalent to atleast 5.5k savings with a minimum of 6 people.
Is 50% discount valid for the basic Accor membership without paying any extra charge for Accor plus or higher category membership?

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is 50% discount valid for the basic Accor membership without paying any extra charge for Accor plus or higher category membership?
No the basic Accor membership which is free, does not give any such offer. You need to have an Accor plus membership. When I had got my Accor plus membership, there was an ongoing offer, where you get 2500 ALL points (which is worth at least 4k), so that itself reduces the cost of membership, plus the other vouchers they provide/ the extra savings you get when you book your room as a Silver member, makes sense, if you plan to stay at Accor properties/ utilize their dining and other facilities.

drsel

TF Legend
No the basic Accor membership which is free, does not give any such offer. You need to have an Accor plus membership. When I had got my Accor plus membership, there was an ongoing offer, where you get 2500 ALL points (which is worth at least 4k), so that itself reduces the cost of membership, plus the other vouchers they provide/ the extra savings you get when you book your room as a Silver member, makes sense, if you plan to stay at Accor properties/ utilize their dining and other facilities.
Thanks for the info but basically we will be eating out mostly at small restaurants or buying ready meals from the supermarket.
so I don't think Accor meals will be great value, even after 50% discount, to justify paying for the membership.
How much extra do we have to pay for this membership?

Lord Of Darkness

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the info but basically we will be eating out mostly at small restaurants or buying ready meals from the supermarket.
so I don't think Accor meals will be great value, even after 50% discount, to justify paying for the membership.
How much extra do we have to pay for this membership?
It was 14k for the 1 year membership which gives u a Silver level membership tier, which gives you additional discount while booking Accor rooms plus other things like 1 night free (which can justify the cost ), red hot rooms (which is basically rooms at 50% off). The coupons are on top of all that.

drsel

TF Legend
It was 14k for the 1 year membership which gives u a Silver level membership tier, which gives you additional discount while booking Accor rooms plus other things like 1 night free (which can justify the cost ), red hot rooms (which is basically rooms at 50% off). The coupons are on top of all that.
Thanks how do we buy this using Accor points

I received a voucher for 50% discount on group dining as part of Silver membership plan. I plan to use it soon. Can I use this voucher + pay the residual bill using EasyDiner to maximise discount?