• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX application submitted, What is next?

jd123

TF Buzz
I already submitted an application for the new AMEX credit card. The application number is generated. What is next procedure?
IMG_20220919_101835.jpg

I have a good news and bad news
Good news is i have applied smartearn card 5 day’s before and it got approved today.

the bad news is they have given only 25000 limit.. my others cards have 2 lac plus limit

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have a good news and bad news
Good news is i have applied smartearn card 5 day’s before and it got approved today.

the bad news is they have given only 25000 limit.. my others cards have 2 lac plus limit
Even I have bad news. I got Amex Platinum Travel card but credit limit provided was 1,50,000. My other card(MRCC) has 6,50,000 credit limit. Don't know why this disparity.

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I finally received my MRCC card today after 21 days with a laughable limit of 50K 🤷‍♂️. This is the lowest of all the cards i have. Still wondering why did i have to put so much effort.

I finally received my MRCC card today after 21 days with a laughable limit of 50K 🤷‍♂️. This is the lowest of all the cards i have. Still wondering why did i have to put so much effort.
Just call after 6 months, they will ask your annual income, just tell them you annual income and your limit will be increased, no documents will be required.
I tried this for my father's AmEx SmartEarn card.
1.10 lakhs ->1.65 lakhs (27 December 2021)
1.65 lakhs -> 2.48 lakhs(3 July 2022)
I noticed a pattern, they increased the limit of 50% of current limit on the card.

Reactions: ARV

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Just call after 6 months, they will ask your annual income, just tell them you annual income and your limit will be increased, no documents will be required.
I tried this for my father's AmEx SmartEarn card.
1.10 lakhs ->1.65 lakhs (27 December 2021)
1.65 lakhs -> 2.48 lakhs(3 July 2022)
I noticed a pattern, they increased the limit of 50% of current limit on the card.
Thanks for the info, will try. If they dont, i will cancel after one year

sam609619

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Even I have bad news. I got Amex Platinum Travel card but credit limit provided was 1,50,000. My other card(MRCC) has 6,50,000 credit limit. Don't know why this disparity.
U can switch the limits internally , I did the dame , had mrcc with 3.4 lakhs and got platinum with 1.5
So now i shifted - 4 lakh to platinum and mrcc i kept 90 only as i dont use that for more thn 10 k a month .