• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX application submitted, What is next?

jd123

TF Buzz
I already submitted an application for the new AMEX credit card. The application number is generated. What is next procedure?
IMG_20220919_101835.jpg

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Out of the blue Amex customer care calls me and tells sir your application of 19th September is not accepted due to income eligibility not met.

I said I have submitted income documents proving many times over the Rs.6 lakhs income requirement for Platinum travel card.

They replied sir for platinum travel card the income eligbility is not that much.

I asked please check your website it says Rs.6 lakhs.

They said oh is it? I will check with concerned team on this and call back.

Fun.

aditya001

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Today after 25 days they called me to tell that my application is on hold because they will not accept utility bill as address proof, and request me to update aadhar address.. Ye bolne k liye 25 din lge hai inko.. Iss liye hold meh dal rakha tha

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Am facing lot of issues on acceptance of Amex 8 out of 10 shops either say they "No Amex" or the POS machine says "Invalid Financial Institution"
seriously think to keep only smart ern

sam609619

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Your MRCC might be definitely year plus older ,
Please check below reference chat with amex team

Attachments

• 6E55C369-AB34-4BAC-8126-DEEA64461BAE.png
    6E55C369-AB34-4BAC-8126-DEEA64461BAE.png
    945.8 KB · Views: 56
  • C1A7A21E-0AD2-4768-8421-4C481E638511.png
    C1A7A21E-0AD2-4768-8421-4C481E638511.png
    1 MB · Views: 56
  • 7029B6BE-1E5D-420A-8612-1480518FC7A0.png
    7029B6BE-1E5D-420A-8612-1480518FC7A0.png
    907.5 KB · Views: 50
  • C87A536F-7489-4432-90EE-5DD7EF5B61F6.png
    C87A536F-7489-4432-90EE-5DD7EF5B61F6.png
    931.7 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: ARV

pxg

TF Premier
Out of the blue Amex customer care calls me and tells sir your application of 19th September is not accepted due to income eligibility not met.

I said I have submitted income documents proving many times over the Rs.6 lakhs income requirement for Platinum travel card.

They replied sir for platinum travel card the income eligbility is not that much.

I asked please check your website it says Rs.6 lakhs.

They said oh is it? I will check with concerned team on this and call back.

Fun.
Keep us updated. My last year ITR is of 4.8L and my 26AS for current FY already has higher income than 6L. I also want to apply for AMEX this year with 26AS and bank statement only.

My next year ITR will also be less because of 44ADA. Don't want to pay more tax just to satisfy some CC criteria.

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Keep us updated. My last year ITR is of 4.8L and my 26AS for current FY already has higher income than 6L. I also want to apply for AMEX this year with 26AS and bank statement only.

My next year ITR will also be less because of 44ADA. Don't want to pay more tax just to satisfy some CC criteria.
So apparently this is what happened:

I apply for Amex Platinum travel credit card.

Submit all income documents.

3rd party visits my head office for verification. It is restricted entry building and is not allowed. He calls me. I say I am in another city and not in office. Regardless, entry to office is not allowed.

Application is rejected. Customer care says due to income ineligibility. escalate to nodal officer. their team calls and says same thing. I re-send my income eligibility. they say surely platinum travel card eligibility is not just 6 lakhs it is much higher. I send their website link.

Today they call and tell that my application is rejected because the 3rd party verification guy was not allowed into office. I said non-employees are not permitted. Moreover I work remotely and travel 25 days a month so I am never in office. Amex says if I am salaried person then office verification is mandatory and if I am not in office then application will be rejected. Explained this is the most hilarious thing I have heard. Amex then says that I can travel to my office (in a differnt state), call the Amex sales team for a visit, and when they visit, tell application number and they can process it. I said I am not going to fly to a different city for card for which I have to pay joining fees etc. Thank you and good that I escaped this loony tunes.

cardgeek

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

3rd party visits my head office for verification. It is restricted entry building and is not allowed. He calls me. I say I am in another city and not in office. Regardless, entry to office is not allowed.

Application is rejected. Customer care says due to income ineligibility. escalate to nodal officer. their team calls and says same thing. I re-send my income eligibility. they say surely platinum travel card eligibility is not just 6 lakhs it is much higher. I send their website link.

Today they call and tell that my application is rejected because the 3rd party verification guy was not allowed into office. I said non-employees are not permitted. Moreover I work remotely and travel 25 days a month so I am never in office. Amex says if I am salaried person then office verification is mandatory and if I am not in office then application will be rejected. Explained this is the most hilarious thing I have heard. Amex then says that I can travel to my office (in a differnt state), call the Amex sales team for a visit, and when they visit, tell application number and they can process it. I said I am not going to fly to a different city for card for which I have to pay joining fees etc. Thank you and good that I escaped this loony tunes.
Which City? Hyderabad?

aditya001

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

many peoples getting there application approved in 2 days without verification.. was it showing pre approved when you were applying?

SachuHopes

TF Buzz
1665997284337.png

Can I upload my ITR 4 as proof of income with a 492K ITR for FY 2022-23, which is my freelance income from India. Also, I applied as a salaried applicant, will that affect my application?

I work abroad and my salary is 7200 AED per month, which is 160K inr per month

dada @TechnoFino

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1665997284337.png

Can I upload my ITR 4 as proof of income with a 492K ITR for FY 2022-23, which is my freelance income from India. Also, I applied as a salaried applicant, will that affect my application?

I work abroad and my salary is 7200 AED per month, which is 160K inr per month

dada @TechnoFino
That AED part if u show they will consider ur applicant status as NRE, try to cope up with Indian ITR and show some FDs if get chance for a call on credit manager.