• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX application submitted, What is next?

jd123

TF Buzz
I already submitted an application for the new AMEX credit card. The application number is generated. What is next procedure?
IMG_20220919_101835.jpg

I

ITR 1 and 2 i can comment but ITR4 may have some relaxations supported with FDs and ancillary assets but not sure maybe some CAs or those who submitted ITR4 for AmEx can comment
I've submitted it, bro, but let's see what happens. I work as a freelancer for a company in India, and they're willing to provide my salary slip and certificate, but I don't have a salary bank statement. Although they pay me 45K a month for freelance work, and I get more than 492K a year from freelance work, but I show less to avoid paying taxes.

CIBIL status
775 Cibil,
18 Credit Cards

I've submitted it, bro, but let's see what happens. I work as a freelancer for a company in India, and they're willing to provide my salary slip and certificate, but I don't have a salary bank statement. Although they pay me 45K a month for freelance work, and I get more than 492K a year from freelance work, but I show less to avoid paying taxes.

CIBIL status
775 Cibil,
18 Credit Cards
Understood ur credit profile but every bank have their own norms in approving applications as well as limits; so far my experience easy guy HDFC and tough SCB where initially i got 29k as limit and now 2.49lakhs after 4.5 years so AmEx stands in between but a bit better than SCB lets see. pls update the outcome here bro

Understood ur credit profile but every bank have their own norms in approving applications as well as limits; so far my experience easy guy HDFC and tough SCB where initially i got 29k as limit and now 2.49lakhs after 4.5 years so AmEx stands in between but a bit better than SCB lets see. pls update the outcome here bro
Sure bro, Thanks for responding to my question

I

ITR 1 and 2 i can comment but ITR4 may have some relaxations supported with FDs and ancillary assets but not sure maybe some CAs or those who submitted ITR4 for AmEx can comment
FD amount is not considered as income and AMEX will reject the application citing low income. My friend who has ITR above 7 Lac got the rejection as his business from income is 5 lac 80 thousand and rest is from FD, dividend and selling stocks.

FD amount is not considered as income and AMEX will reject the application citing low income. My friend who has ITR above 7 Lac got the rejection as his business from income is 5 lac 80 thousand and rest is from FD, dividend and selling stocks.
Nope if u r a premium client in SCB’s portfolio then that NRV is considered (FD of scb valued by Amex) not sure how Amex’s eligibility works out case to case btw stock holdings for sure not considered since it’s volatile.
It’s oral confirmation by my friend I don’t have documentation for this scb fd

Received Mail that your application is on hold contacted customer care they told that your address in aadhar is different from provided in application so has been declined I told it's on hold they told hold means declined and u can apply after 3 months mean time get address change to address provided in application.

Received Mail that your application is on hold contacted customer care they told that your address in aadhar is different from provided in application so has been declined I told it's on hold they told hold means declined and u can apply after 3 months mean time get address change to address provided in application.
Request them for reconsideration your application, with proper income document.

Not sure about amex , but for me it worked with RBL and Kotak.

Look a like may be next year I need to file ITR 1 and paying some tax in order get amex card 😂😂
So sad to hear but no worries try to get ITR1 with good numbers which will make u eligible for AmEx and meantime for sure there will be lot of changes in eligibility criteria too. (Hope u r not into 30% slab of tax payment in that case its not worthy to pay just for Amex lol)

😭 with 7 Lakh ITR they declined ur friend application? I applied as salaried, and i upload ITR 4 as income document. 492k ITR , i applied for smartearn card, and I updated my aadhar address recently just amex card, amex is one my dream card,
Just wondering. Why Amex is your dream card, so much so that you are willing to pay taxes and file itr 1 ? Given the low acceptability at pos terminals , you will be able to use it online most of the time.

I applied for Gold Charge card, completed KYC and sumitted all the docs. But got a mail that “ my application could not be processed“. I live in New Delhi and completes all the eligibility requirements.

I called the CC they asked my to respond to the email with my query. Which I didn’t got any response after.

I applied for Gold Charge card, completed KYC and sumitted all the docs. But got a mail that “ my application could not be processed“. I live in New Delhi and completes all the eligibility requirements.

I called the CC they asked my to respond to the email with my query. Which I didn’t got any response after.
When did you apply? What is your annual income? Are you salaried?

After doing KYC is it mandatory to upload income documents?
Did someone got his/her card approved by just doing video KYC and no further income documents were submitted. Please tell. Or is it mandatory to submit income documents?

Back