• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX application submitted, What is next?

jd123

TF Buzz
I already submitted an application for the new AMEX credit card. The application number is generated. What is next procedure?
IMG_20220919_101835.jpg

Got call for verification asking for photo, pan, salary slip, form 16,aadhar,bill asking for all these during physical verification told all uploaded and vkyc also done but said some issues are there vkyc so have to do manually .Just irritating procedure never gone apply again in amex never happened anything like that with any other banks till alteast with me.

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Got call for verification asking for photo, pan, salary slip, form 16,aadhar,bill asking for all these during physical verification told all uploaded and vkyc also done but said some issues are there vkyc so have to do manually .Just irritating procedure never gone apply again in amex never happened anything like that with any other banks till alteast with me.
When did you apply, if you dont mind ca you share your city

Pikapi

TF Neo
for me they are asking me to change the address on ony of my government id proof to the current location where I'm residing at.

does any one have info to overcome this..?

chaitanyamella

TF Select
VIP Lounge
i) Valid Passport ii) Voter's ID Card iii) Driving License iv) Aadhaar (First 8 digits should be masked) v) Job Card issued by NREGA vi) Letter issued by the National Population Register with current address.

These are the documents that Amex accepts as proof of address. Any other document other than these is a hit and miss.

Last edited:

aditya001

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
i) Valid Passport ii) Voter's ID Card iii) Driving License iv) Aadhaar (First 8 digits should be masked) v) Job Card issued by NREGA vi) Letter issued by the National Population Register with current address.

These are the documents that Amex accepts as proof of address. Any other document other than these is a hit and miss.
https://secure.cmax.americanexpress.com/Internet/Acquisition/IN_en/docupload/static/html/docs.html Please check this link for all the documents required.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 2.26.17 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 2.26.17 PM.png
    170.5 KB · Views: 25

chaitanyamella

TF Select
VIP Lounge
"
Please note that in case the OVD furnished does not contain updated Current address, the following documents shall be deemed to be OVDs for the limited purpose of proof of address valid for 90 days:-"

and

"
Note: In the above scenario, please submit OVD updated with current address within a period of three months of submitting the above documents.
"

As I mentioned before hit-and-miss with the other documents.

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Emailed Amex Customer care manager on my application status. Instead of a simple straightforward answer, three useless paragraphs are typed and then I am asked to call customer care.

This is like asking a roadside stall "bhai give me on dahi puri", and he replies "sir our chaats are well known and we use bisleri for our paani and masala, our puris are made with refined sunflower oil. But since we dont have dahi today, you have to go ask the neighbouring stall"

1664369748450.png

card_enthusiast

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Emailed Amex Customer care manager on my application status. Instead of a simple straightforward answer, three useless paragraphs are typed and then I am asked to call customer care.

This is like asking a roadside stall "bhai give me on dahi puri", and he replies "sir our chaats are well known and we use bisleri for our paani and masala, our puris are made with refined sunflower oil. But since we dont have dahi today, you have to go ask the neighbouring stall"

1664369748450.png
Even i got useless reply from customer care manager.. so next mail i shoot straight to head customer service and nodal and it might work for me

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi Amexians here, did anyone applied for 2 cards back to back i mean 1st one through full formal vkyc and then next day 2nd variant of card either charge or credit card?
Came to know that if someone did like that then no kyc part will be there for the 2nd, subsequent application and mostly same day the process will end up in card issuance.
Those who experienced pls reply the reality.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Even i got useless reply from customer care manager.. so next mail i shoot straight to head customer service and nodal and it might work for me
Even I got the same reply it's been 10 days no news on the card..i called them today they are saying it's approved... when asked about Card delivery no answer