• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Taj Vouchers - I can use it any Taj or Vivanta hotel for my stay

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I had query on Taj vouchers which we can get using Amex MR points redemption or when we get on achieving milestone in Plat Travel.

Wanted to check whether I can use it any Taj or Vivanta hotel for my stay which I am booking using Taj website or do I need to confirm with the hotel before booking? Basically, are the vouchers valid for all stays booked from website or there are certain conditions for same?

Thanks.

My question is can i make a reservation at any Taj hotel using http://www.tajhotels.com/ and than go at hotel settle bill using my voucher or do I need to check in advance whether vouchers can be used or not before booking? Are there any specific conditions for using the voucher or it can be used for all stays booked directly with Taj website or reservations?

@BestBanker Could you please tell me if I can give the taj voucher to my friend? Terms and conditions say its not transferrable and the card holder's name will be printed on the voucher. So wanted to know if this is just for the name sake, or do they strictly adhere to the norms?

You have to provide the voucher when you check in. No need to check or to inform .
Also, you should not be booking any member rates or any other discounted rates while using Voucher. We should book only the non member/non discounted rate. Better to call the reservations and make the booking and mention about the vouchers. The rates on both online/offline is same.

Also, you should not be booking any member rates or any other discounted rates while using Voucher. We should book only the non member/non discounted rate. Better to call the reservations and make the booking and mention about the vouchers. The rates on both online/offline is same.
Earlier I booked member rates and settle bills using Gift Card. Have they changed it recently?

Is there any change? I have booked member rate and used the Voucher.

can we buy more Taj vouchers from that points we earned with plat travel card (not the one we got after reaching milestone)??

…coz one taj voucher is practically useless unless we can buy more from Amex points!
Thanks

can we buy more Taj vouchers from that points we earned with plat travel card (not the one we got after reaching milestone)??

…coz one taj voucher is practically useless unless we can buy more from Amex points!
Thanks
See, it varies on a case to case basis.
Some people have reported that their Gold Charge points are getting clubbed with Plat charge points.
In that case you can redeem your points for Gold collection and get a Taj voucher.
In case you do not have any other card from amex or points don't get clubbed, then I don't think there is a way. However you can directly book listed hotels using their portal and MR points.

Back