• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone opened BOB BRO Account recently?

Ecoli8

TF Buzz
Dear TFFam,
Anyone opened the newly launched BOB BRO account recently? The account has many free perks and definitely features as a lucrative offer for students.
However though they said free Rupay Platinum DC for life, still charged a issuance charges of ₹354. Currently having a dispute with their grievance cell. Anybody here faced the same situation?

Can anyone help me with some few questions :

-> I am born in 2000, Am i eligible to open this account ?
-> After next year when i will complete 25 will this account continue for lifetime for ZERO AMB & RUPAY CARD or they will downgrade ?
-> Which way is more efficient to open account ? ONLINE or OFFLINE ?
-> Many people are talking about charging on issuence fee for DC, Is it solved or still going on And user have to report complaint ?
-> Which RUPAY DC it is providing ? And what are the perks/benifits of it ?
I'll answer your questions for both BOB Lite as well as BOB Bro.

BOB Bro:
1. Since you're 24, you can open it. It is eligible for everyone upto 25 years of age.
2. Nobody knows yet. Some people commented that it would stay the same, but this account scheme was introduced less than a year ago, so the details are not fully available.
3. Online. It is fast, and you can always verify all the details yourself. However, ensure that your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar, and use the same mobile number to open the account as well.
4. BOB Bro provides a RuPay Platinum debit card, and it has zero issuance and renewal charges (Which is otherwise levied once every 5 years). However, it is not known whether they charge annual charges or not. According to some, they do charge annually for the BOB Bro account. The annual charges are ₹354 though.
5. RuPay Platinum. Check the benefits here.

BOB Lite:
1. Yep, anyone above 10 years old can open this account. There is no age restriction.
2. Not applicable.
3. Check my answer #3 for BOB Bro.
4. No issuance or annual charges would be levied on the RuPay Platinum Debit Card as long as you're maintaining a quarterly average balance (QAB) of ₹3,000 (Urban) or ₹2,000 (Semi-Urban) or ₹1,000 (Rural). If you don't maintain the applicable QAB, they'd charge ₹354 for issuance as well as annual charges each.
5. Check my answer #5 for BOB Bro.

I'd prefer BOB Lite since it is a lifetime zero balance account with no age restrictions, and maintaining a QAB of at least ₹3,000 is easy too.

Also, check out the last 3 pages of this thread to get your answer to most questions.

I'll answer your questions for both BOB Lite as well as BOB Bro.

BOB Bro:
1. Since you're 24, you can open it. It is eligible for everyone upto 25 years of age.
2. Nobody knows yet. Some people commented that it would stay the same, but this account scheme was introduced less than a year ago, so the details are not fully available.
3. Online. It is fast, and you can always verify all the details yourself. However, ensure that your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar, and use the same mobile number to open the account as well.
4. BOB Bro provides a RuPay Platinum debit card, and it has zero issuance and renewal charges (Which is otherwise levied once every 5 years). However, it is not known whether they charge annual charges or not. According to some, they do charge annually for the BOB Bro account. The annual charges are ₹354 though.
5. RuPay Platinum. Check the benefits here.

BOB Lite:
1. Yep, anyone above 10 years old can open this account. There is no age restriction.
2. Not applicable.
3. Check my answer #3 for BOB Bro.
4. No issuance or annual charges would be levied on the RuPay Platinum Debit Card as long as you're maintaining a quarterly average balance (QAB) of ₹3,000 (Urban) or ₹2,000 (Semi-Urban) or ₹1,000 (Rural). If you don't maintain the applicable QAB, they'd charge ₹354 for issuance as well as annual charges each.
5. Check my answer #5 for BOB Bro.

I'd prefer BOB Lite since it is a lifetime zero balance account with no age restrictions, and maintaining a QAB of at least ₹3,000 is easy too.

Also, check out the last 3 pages of this thread to get your answer to most questions.
Thank you brother for this detailed information @CosmicCat

Back