• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone opened BOB BRO Account recently?

Ecoli8

TF Buzz
Dear TFFam,
Anyone opened the newly launched BOB BRO account recently? The account has many free perks and definitely features as a lucrative offer for students.
However though they said free Rupay Platinum DC for life, still charged a issuance charges of ₹354. Currently having a dispute with their grievance cell. Anybody here faced the same situation?

What you said is fully correct but here is the catch. branches nowadays don't open via manual forms although the provision to do so is still there.

Now one member from TF had closed a bob account long back but in bank's system they still had his customer id and this is the reason he was unable to open any new account as branch was not opening the account via manual form.
So he filled a RBI BO complain and within few days he got a call from Regional Head of bob and they said will coordinate with Head office and delete the existing customer id.

Now this was for a Non-lite account. For BOB Lite also it is possible I guess but we need to show proper proof and only RTI can help us acheive that.
Can I ask you one suggestion. When I tried to open bob lite , on the first page there were no issue even after i entered the existing account's registered mob no and mail id. But the problem is on the second page when we click on submit where we enter the AADHAR AND PAN number. So does it work to open the bob lite account after de-linking aadhar and pan. Because using those two things they identified the existing customer. Give some suggestions please

Can I ask you one suggestion. When I tried to open bob lite , on the first page there were no issue even after i entered the existing account's registered mob no and mail id. But the problem is on the second page when we click on submit where we enter the AADHAR AND PAN number. So does it work to open the bob lite account after de-linking aadhar and pan. Because using those two things they identified the existing customer. Give some suggestions please
Can anyone please try this after de-linking aadhar and pan from branch to open second account as bob lite via offline

The cheque book and Atm cards are having your name?? I mean both are personalized/ non-personalised?
Yes, they are both personalised. In most banks, non-personalised kits are only issued on spot at the branch.

So does it work to open the bob lite account after de-linking aadhar and pan. Because using those two things they identified the existing customer. Give some suggestions please
As @ritwik2000 has mentioned, BOB Lite is for new-to-bank customers only, and hence can't be opened for existing customers. So, if your CIF already exists in their Core Banking System (Whose primary identifier is your PAN), the portal could invoke an error while applying.

I suggest you to go to a nearby branch, and get your CIF removed from their CBS. I'm not sure if they would delete it, since they store such data for a definite period of time for audit purposes.

If it doesn't work out, escalate it further. I'm pretty sure there must be some resolution their technical team could provide you.

BOB ke liye Naya beneficiary add karne ka matlab

Brahmastra ke tukde jodna hai

Sometimes I feel it's their way of increasing CASA
Exactly! I realized it just now while exploring their bob World app. I noticed that any beneficiary you add in Netbanking isn't visible in the bob World app, and vice versa! Yeh kya bakloli hai, bhai?

Also, their tech and overall UX isn't so great. I planned to create a bank account for myself there, but I am not happy with their overall user experience with the little time I spent on their platforms. Will post their full tech and UX review soon.

Last edited:
Exactly! I realized it just now while exploring their bob World app. I noticed that any beneficiary you add in Netbanking isn't visible in the bob World app, and vice versa! Yeh kya bakloli hai, bhai?

Also, their tech and overall UX isn't so great. I planned to create a bank account for myself there, but I am not happy with their overall user experience with the little time I spent on their platforms. Will post their full tech and UX review soon.
You got that right

NB ka beneficiary BOBWORLD ke beneficiary se alag hai

BOBWORLD ka beneficiary NB ke beneficiary se alag hai

Same Bank, Different character

BOB has split personality disorder.

You got that right

NB ka beneficiary BOBWORLD ke beneficiary se alag hai

BOBWORLD ka beneficiary NB ke beneficiary se alag hai

Same Bank, Different character

BOB has split personality disorder.
Not just that, there are more:
  • When you tap on Transaction History on the homepage, instead of showing the "transaction history," it shows the service request history instead. 😂
  • You have to go to "Passbook" to check the actual transaction history.
  • But it doesn't end there. You have to press on the "Refresh" option to fetch the latest transactions, if any. And against each transaction, it shows the closing balance as zero. Koi QA team hai bhi bhai inki? 🤣
  • I opened this account online, whose first step itself was authenticating with Aadhaar OTP. But when I checked the account details now, in the Aadhaar number, it shows "NA"!
On top of that, they send no email alerts for any transactions whatsoever, and the SMS alerts come after a significant delay too.

I have so much more to complain about their user experience, but will defer it for another time.. 😭

SBI has a much better tech and user experience in comparison among the PSU banks (And even some private ones)!

My brother visited the branch today and provided them just the account number and account open date, and they issued a passbook immediately. They didn't even ask for ID proof.

Went to the passbook printing machine, and it printed the first page (Where the account details are mentioned) and even turned the page automatically. Super impressive! 😁

However, I noticed that it didn't print transactions done on 26th July (Account was opened on 25th July, evening), and only included transactions since 31st July (No txns were done between 26th and 31st July though).

Also, the first page didn't mention the account scheme (BOB Lite or SB196) or account type (Savings/Current). It just mentions branch details, customer name, Cust ID, customer address, nominee name, and account open date. So, only the bob World app is the way to know your account scheme.

Last edited:
My brother visited the branch today and provided them just the account number and account open date, and they issued a passbook immediately. They didn't even ask for ID proof.

Went to the passbook printing machine, and it printed the first page (Where the account details are mentioned) and even turned the page automatically. Super impressive! 😁

However, I noticed that it didn't print transactions done on 26th July (Account was opened at the eve of 25th July), and only included transactions since 31st July (No txns were done between 26th and 31st July).

Also, the first page didn't mention the account scheme (BOB Lite or SB196) or account type (Savings/Current). It just mentions branch details, customer name, Cust ID, customer address, nominee name, and account open date. So, only the bob World app is the way to know your account scheme.
I'll get passbook for bob lite tomorrow .

Can anyone help me with some few questions :

-> I am born in 2000, Am i eligible to open this account ?
-> After next year when i will complete 25 will this account continue for lifetime for ZERO AMB & RUPAY CARD or they will downgrade ?
-> Which way is more efficient to open account ? ONLINE or OFFLINE ?
-> Many people are talking about charging on issuence fee for DC, Is it solved or still going on And user have to report complaint ?
-> Which RUPAY DC it is providing ? And what are the perks/benifits of it ?

Can anyone help me with some few questions :

-> I am born in 2000, Am i eligible to open this account ?
-> After next year when i will complete 25 will this account continue for lifetime for ZERO AMB & RUPAY CARD or they will downgrade ?
-> Which way is more efficient to open account ? ONLINE or OFFLINE ?
-> Many people are talking about charging on issuence fee for DC, Is it solved or still going on And user have to report complaint ?
-> Which RUPAY DC it is providing ? And what are the perks/benifits of it ?
Which account are you referring to: BOB Bro or BOB Lite?

Back