• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel Card cashback blunder.

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently got Axis Airtel Card and on generation of statement, I realised that any bill payments done on Airtel App, be it Airtel bills or others, is being counted under 25% category. This means that there is no way to tap into Rs 500 monthly utility bill payment benefit as of now. :rolleyes:

Refer to the screenshot below. The only payment in this month was for my electricity bill of Rs 1595 and cashback shown is Rs 300 whereas it should have been Rs 159.5.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 4.27.54 PM.png

Fellow community members, I would request you to keep above in mind while getting this card or wait till Axis settles these reporting issues with Airtel.

What is the current behaviour of the card for Utility transaction that are showing as Merchant name AIRTEL? Are they providing cashback under 25% category or are they fixing it by themselves by providing correct cashback (with 10%) later? Please advice.

@prc1990 @Pavan @AllSeeker @Batmanbaba Even if i make electricity or water bill payment through airtel app, merchant name comes up as AIRTEL instead of APBLUTIL . I've tried multiple times. Is anyone getting the correct merchant name. Customer care is also not understanding. Any way to get the correct name so that i get cashback in the correct category

@prc1990 @Pavan @AllSeeker @Batmanbaba Even if i make electricity or water bill payment through airtel app, merchant name comes up as AIRTEL instead of APBLUTIL . I've tried multiple times. Is anyone getting the correct merchant name. Customer care is also not understanding. Any way to get the correct name so that i get cashback in the correct category
For electricity bill is giving me 10% cashback

What is the current behaviour of the card for Utility transaction that are showing as Merchant name AIRTEL? Are they providing cashback under 25% category or are they fixing it by themselves by providing correct cashback (with 10%) later? Please advice.
I tried today paying my Airtel postpaid bill, tried around 11 times, Merchant Name on the OTP transaction page didn't show "AIRTEL", every time it was showing Airtel Payment Bank/ UtilitiesCC/ Bharti Airtel.
As per my experience since March 2022, 25% cashback is linked only when the Merchant category shows "AIRTEL", which ultimately after settling shows up as AIRTEL GURGAON IN, in the statement.
Can anybody confirm what they are getting names of merchants on OTP page when they pay their Airtel Postpaid bill?

See you don't have controls to Merchant Name, so let the cashback be processed as per the merchant name. If you see less cashback with this issue, kindly raise a request to get the delta. If you see cashback more than anticipated, bank will anyways trigger cashback debit transaction to remove the delta amount. This will be continued unless some fixes/changes are done at the bank end.

Airtel Axis is completely mess!
Tried just minutes before to pay Airtel Postpaid bill again.
Got the merchant name 'AIRTEL' and successfully transaction done.

It's better to wait and verify merchant name rather than running after their customer support for cashback issue which is again a pain!

Guys I booked a Bharat gas cylinder using axis airtel cc in airtel thanks app but did not get any booking id or such from bharat gas how long does it take to generate a booking if anyone knows plz help

Guys I booked a Bharat gas cylinder using axis airtel cc in airtel thanks app but did not get any booking id or such from bharat gas how long does it take to generate a booking if anyone knows plz help
You check on Bharat Gas application/wesbite, this once happened to me with Indane Gas, but when I logged in with the registered credentials on Indian Oil ONE application, my booking was showing there successfully.

Usually if the transaction is successful, it is instant. If you see, it is not showing on Bharat portal then most probably the transaction is not successful. You will get a refund back to the card after few days.

You check on Bharat Gas application/wesbite, this once happened to me with Indane Gas, but when I logged in with the registered credentials on Indian Oil ONE application, my booking was showing there successfully.
and while payment merchant name was airtel in caps so will I get 10% cashback in the utility category?

Back