• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation Axis Atlas Credit Card Huge Devaluation Effective From 20th April 2024

akash2401

TF Buzz
Okay then can I use atlas credit card in utilities bill payments till 20 April to get miles ? I will do 6 lakhs payments in utilities before 20 April to get miles . And platinum tier is 6 lakhs away and will I get 10000 miles?
Possible bro but don't forget this is axis Bank kya pata 21 ko hi trns settle kare aur miles credit kare.🤣🤣🤣

Actually, points cap is fixed for Jan-Dec cycle and does not depend on your card anniversary date. So, eventually you will be able to transfer points on 1st Jan next year if you already have transferred 30k in current year. Most of us would have card anniversary date after 1st Jan which means we will be able to transfer 30k and 15k in a card year. So in my opinion return would still be same as mentioned for platinum.
But eventually there is capping of 30K. So next year either you transfer to other partners or do a meticulous planning to be able to transfer max 60K EM.
Off topic : Is 60K Accor points enough for a decent domestic/international booking (not considering IBIS).

rogerthat

TF Ace
But eventually there is capping of 30K. So next year either you transfer to other partners or do a meticulous planning to be able to transfer max 60K EM.
Off topic : Is 60K Accor points enough for a decent domestic/international booking (not considering IBIS).
This one thing (30K cap) has made Atlas worthless for any large spends. That with the devaluation in milestones by 50% has practically made the card worthless for total transactions beyond 7.5 lakhs (Gold tier) per annum.

If you were to spend 30% of your spends on travel and 70% on others, you will end up hitting 30K Edge Miles at exactly 7 lakhs, making it useless for any further spends because you can't transfer it. Funny because in terms of absolute returns (4%), Atlas is still the most "rewarding" card on paper.

Axis did the balancing act quite effectively. While it didn't touch Atlas' rewards or lounges, it made it pointless (pun intended) to spend on.

This one thing (30K cap) has made Atlas worthless for any large spends. That with the devaluation in milestones by 30% has practically made the card worthless for total transactions beyond 7.5 lakhs (Gold tier) per annum.

If you were to spend 30% of your spends on travel and 70% on others, you will end up hitting 30K Edge Miles at exactly 7 lakhs, making it useless for any further spends because you can't transfer it. Funny because in terms of absolute returns (4%), Atlas is still the most "rewarding" card on paper.

Axis did the balancing act quite effectively. While it didn't touch Atlas' rewards or lounges, it made it pointless (pun intended) to spend on.
ATLAS used to be most rewarding. With upcoming exclusions for different MCCs , It will be quite difficult to spend 7 lakhs apart from Travel/Offline. Axis has made Atlas a card only to be used for Airlines/hotel expenses and furnishing invoices for the same.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Now I'm contemplating whether to continue with the Atlas. 90% of my usage is in the Travel category and now with the 30k capping, the rest of the accumulated points would go unutilized for a long time as Group B is utterly useless to me. With the points I will accumulate in one year, I would need 2+ years to redeem it. :p
Why did they even put a cap like this? Makes no sense. People will just curb their expenses on their cards now.

Same case here. With almost all important airlines in Group A, max that can be transferred is 60K miles which may work if you are single but if you have a family then it won't. Seriously 30K?!! They should have made it atlesst 100K points.
I was on the phone with Axis Credit CC and I voiced my displeasure regarding the deval. They also agreed in a way and did not try to give me any explanations for it.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Really? I have got it few days ago and they have charged Fee in ongoing statement cycle. Have Burgundy and Magnus, Can I get it Atlast converted LTF? If Yes, How?
Someone here got atls ltf via Burgundy relationship..
Converted to ltf or not idk
But talk for ltf atlas ( new)
Better if they can convert to ltf

Really? I have got it few days ago and they have charged Fee in ongoing statement cycle. Have Burgundy and Magnus, Can I get it Atlast converted LTF? If Yes, How?
You can get Atlas LTF only if you have salary account with Axis bank and net salary credit is > 2 lacs per month. I have received it last year as LTF along with Magnus for Burgundy as LTF as well.

Vishals_Ind!

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You can get Atlas LTF only if you have salary account with Axis bank and net salary credit is > 2 lacs per month. I have received it last year as LTF along with Magnus for Burgundy as LTF as well.
I'm meeting these criteria (have Burgundy Sal a/c with LTF M4B) but I guess I should have tried this before applying Atlas. Now customer care is telling me that neither fee charged can be reversed nor they can make it LTF. So I guess I would have to take a call on closure/retention before renewal charges in one year.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I'm meeting these criteria (have Burgundy Sal a/c with LTF M4B) but I guess I should have tried this before applying Atlas. Now customer care is telling me that neither fee charged can be reversed nor they can make it LTF. So I guess I would have to take a call on closure/retention before renewal charges in one year.
Did u activate the card ?

Or u paid jf & waiting for points .
In either case ..
Put closer on your card
Get retention benefits
1000 em extra.

Then place request for cancellation.

Then ask your rm / branch for ltf atlas .

Hello All. my Atlas milestone bar is stuck at the same spends since the recent update on t&C. I spent approx~50k on normal spends but it is still not accounted. Generally, milestone is updated in 2 days post the settlement date however not in this case. Anyone else facing the same issue? Has axis stopped accounting spends for milestone untill 20th April?