• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis bank limit reduced

Fini7777

TF Ace
Contributor
Hello all,
I've been using Axis cards for the past few years my journey started with a 40k limit 2 years ago with a Flipkart Axis credit card and gradually they inc my limit to 94k

one fine day they increased it to 3.6L I was very happy that I finally got what I deserved
Continuously used my 3-axis cards and paid bills on time

Today they sent me a message shown below

1722613597241.webp

I thought they inc my limit but within a few months they reduced my limit to again 94k

It's enough..... They r very unstable with their policies

What do you think about this?
I am thinking of canceling all my cards except Airtel cc
I've SBI cashback and another Flipkart card in the family so, after this, I don't want to pay AF to keep this card with such a low limit
I've been genuinely using these cards and I have an SB account as well

Currently, all my card limits are >2L
So disappointed after seeing this message from them

Hello all,
I've been using Axis cards for the past few years my journey started with a 40k limit 2 years ago with a Flipkart Axis credit card and gradually they inc my limit to 94k

one fine day they increased it to 3.6L I was very happy that I finally got what I deserved

View attachment 63651

I thought they inc my limit but within a few months they reduced my limit to again 94k

I've SBI cashback and another Flipkart card in the family so, after this, I don't want to pay AF to keep this card with such a low limit

It is not only Axis Bank. I am using ICICI BANK credit card they also decreased 70% my credit limit without any notice. I have also complain in RBI ombudsman but no results. All banks are same.

They don't for Auto LE.
Share the ITR with them & ask them to enhance it as per the income otherwise you'll close all the relationship.period
I don't think they increase the limit now as they intentionally did this
so, I will ask them to revise the limit again if they not agree to revise the limit then I will close my flipkart and neo cards and continue Airtel Axis :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Recently HDFC increased my Limit and later removed the increment, I tried every possible way including banking ombudsman but nothing happened.

Limit is at the discretion of bank or we are at mercy of Banks when it comes to CC product benefits and limits.

Pray Praise The Lord GIF by Shogun FX

Recently HDFC increased my Limit and later removed the increment, I tried every possible way including banking ombudsman but nothing happened.

Limit is at the discretion of bank or we are at mercy of Banks when it comes to CC product benefits and limits.

Pray Praise The Lord GIF by Shogun FX
Reality Fact. RBI cannot do anything here unless some unusual charges are charged by bank.

Hello all,

View attachment 63651

In my experience using Axis cards or any other cards, nobody suddenly increases credit limit by 300% unless it's asked for and supported by documents, etc.. The usual auto increase is anywhere between 25-75%. So in your case, an increase from 94k to 3.6 does indeed seem to have been a mistake unless it was done as part of CITI merger or by explicit request supported by documents.

They just rectified their mistake.

Not to say Axis is jewel. They're the most unreliable of the lot. I've had the worst experience with Axis. However, their cashback cards at least are very rewarding for my use case. Hence sticking with them.

In my experience using Axis cards or any other cards, nobody suddenly increases credit limit by 300% unless it's asked for and supported by documents, etc.. The usual auto increase is anywhere between 25-75%. So in your case, an increase from 94k to 3.6 does indeed seem to have been a mistake unless it was done as part of CITI merger or by explicit request supported by documents.

Not to say Axis is jewel. They're the most unreliable of the lot. I've had the worst experience with Axis. However, their cashback cards at least are very rewarding for my use case. Hence sticking with them.
I agree with this point of view. Even if it was a mistake ,one can always apply for a manual LE by sending income docs.

I agree, but in my case, They've given LE regularly every 6 months based on my usage
7 months ago after getting 3.6L, I spoke to their cc team and they confirmed that it is LE on my Flipkart axis cc

See the post I shared today mng in which they mentioned that they reduced the limit based on their internal policies

I've seen ppl getting 300%- 400% inc on their cards in several threads and even my mom got inc from 50k to 3L and 3L to 5L on hdfc cc

I think u haven't read my complete post

U r right, emotions sometimes may lead to wrong decissions and make us guilty later

According to the msg sent by them it looks like an error so, they should've rectified it within a month but they rectified it after 7 mons.

My intention is not to close all my 3 cards but I don't need the flpk and neo card anymore and they r paid cards.
The only reason I hold them for 2 yrs is that limit they provided.
The flipkart card is only usefull if the cart value exceeds 1L which is a rare case

I will ask them first, why did they do this to me and try to revert the limit, if they deny I will close the flpk and neo

I can replace these cards with my sbi csb and millennia
I would say -
You ask them to close your paid Neo card. They will most likely make it LTF as they were offering LTF to many few months back.

But for Flipkart axis, max they will do is refund annual fee for one time.

Rest is upto you what you decide.

Me Shared ITR too for Limit enhancement. Every time i send mail different employee response
1. Share 2 years itr
When i share 2 itr, next employee said
2. Share pay slips, when i share that they comes with new reason.
All they gonna mad i think.

Me Shared ITR too for Limit enhancement. Every time i send mail different employee response
1. Share 2 years itr
When i share 2 itr, next employee said
2. Share pay slips, when i share that they comes with new reason.
All they gonna mad i think.
If you have premium banking account or premium cards try with premium service team, they should help.

Back