• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus add-on card & Lounge access.

Sachs

TF Select
Hi All,
I recently got my Magnus card.
After inadvertently applied for atlas instead of My zone I got a call from executive who wanted to confirm if I wanted to go ahead with Atlas. I told him it was a mistake. I felt only platinum tier had benefits that were enticing enough for me. He told me my application would be cancelled. A few days later an axis bank executive called me asking if I was interested in select card. I was only recently made aware of the 25k RP on lakh spend on magnus card. I asked her if I can apply for Magnus. She asked me if use other bank card & what was the limit. I had HDFC Regalia with 4.5 Lakh limit. She said I can apply. I had only recently applied for my zone & completed physical verification as well for that card. Knowing completely that Axis gives only 3 cards per customer, I went ahead to apply for my 4th card. I never got any update for my myzone card. Meanwhile my Magnus card got approved. I have absolutely no idea how this happened.

So as soon as I got my card, I called the customer care and asked if they had any toll free numbers where call was not chargeable. They replied that the number is chargeable & they dont have any free number. That was still OK. I confirmed that annual fee waiver waas above 15lakh and asked him how do I get add-on cards.
To my surprise he replied that 3 months ago Axis stopped giving add-on cards. He however added that I may contact the branch offline once.

I contacted the lady who got my card applied and she told me that we can apply if the address is same. I have now appplied for address change on my wife's Aadhar using my passport. I am waiting for the update and I will soon apply for add-on offline. I will update here as well.

Now I have these questions

1. Have you been able to successfully get add-on cards for your family members on Axis Magnus this year, If yes how?

2. Those who have add-on cards, do they get priority passes as well?

3. How to access domestic lounges & international lounge access for primary and add-on card holders. (I am of the understanding that for domestic loung access we should swipe the card itself. For international lounge access we should swipe the Priority Pass. Please correct me if wrong)

4. If add-on card holders dont get priority pass, how do they access international lounges??

Thanks in advance

Yeah airport guys will go to any extent to approve your card.
Even amex person at airport told me that he'll get it approved but had to drop the idea coz aadhar address unserviceable.
Well to elaborate my father was holding an add-on for Vistara Infinite

But i don't think so it's just because it was at an airport kiosk that it got approved

Bank officials informed me today that if the add-on card applicant is an existing primary Axis credit card holder, then an add-on card cannot be issued to him/her unless the applicant closes the primary card. Is there any truth in this?
Update: Spoke to Magnus customer care and the executive clarified that if the add-on applicant is an existing primary Axis credit card holder, then an add-on card cannot be issued to him/her. However, an existing add-on card holder can apply for a new Axis credit card, subject to approval. Also, an add-on card holder can apply for another add-on card for a different Axis credit card.

If anyone knows more info regarding this, kindly share. Thanks!

Last edited:
Update: Spoke to Magnus customer care and the executive clarified that if the add-on applicant is an existing primary Axis credit card holder, then an add-on card cannot be issued to him/her. However, an existing add-on card holder can apply for a new Axis credit card, subject to approval. Also, an add-on card holder can apply for another add-on card for a different Axis credit card.

If anyone knows more info regarding this, kindly share. Thanks!
My brother who I got the addon for has no relationship with Axis. Neither do I except for the Mangus & VI.
Moreover it is my brother’s first credit card.

Does anyone know how to find these Airport kiosks? Looking for one at Mumbai Airport, going to T2 international next week, are they present at all times? Any specific location?

5BA501FA-9D18-4BC6-BB92-EF9125D6381E.jpeg

So, the add-on card has been issued. Haven't received it yet.

The process was not difficult. Just fill the add on card request form, go to the branch, and ask the credit card team to put in the request. If possible, try to ensure that the request is placed in front of you. A service request will be sent to your email once the process is initiated.

Also, the person for whom i got the add on card issued is not an existing Axis customer. Plus the address of the add-on card holder is different from the address of the primary card holder. None of these were an issue during the issuance of the card.

If anyone wants, I can share the credit card person for the same purpose. He is based out of Noida.

PS - The add-on card request form is available in this thread at the first page.

Hi All,
I recently got my Magnus card.
After inadvertently applied for atlas instead of My zone I got a call from executive who wanted to confirm if I wanted to go ahead with Atlas. I told him it was a mistake. I felt only platinum tier had benefits that were enticing enough for me. He told me my application would be cancelled. A few days later an axis bank executive called me asking if I was interested in select card. I was only recently made aware of the 25k RP on lakh spend on magnus card. I asked her if I can apply for Magnus. She asked me if use other bank card & what was the limit. I had HDFC Regalia with 4.5 Lakh limit. She said I can apply. I had only recently applied for my zone & completed physical verification as well for that card. Knowing completely that Axis gives only 3 cards per customer, I went ahead to apply for my 4th card. I never got any update for my myzone card. Meanwhile my Magnus card got approved. I have absolutely no idea how this happened.

So as soon as I got my card, I called the customer care and asked if they had any toll free numbers where call was not chargeable. They replied that the number is chargeable & they dont have any free number. That was still OK. I confirmed that annual fee waiver waas above 15lakh and asked him how do I get add-on cards.
To my surprise he replied that 3 months ago Axis stopped giving add-on cards. He however added that I may contact the branch offline once.

I contacted the lady who got my card applied and she told me that we can apply if the address is same. I have now appplied for address change on my wife's Aadhar using my passport. I am waiting for the update and I will soon apply for add-on offline. I will update here as well.

Now I have these questions

1. Have you been able to successfully get add-on cards for your family members on Axis Magnus this year, If yes how?

2. Those who have add-on cards, do they get priority passes as well?

3. How to access domestic lounges & international lounge access for primary and add-on card holders. (I am of the understanding that for domestic loung access we should swipe the card itself. For international lounge access we should swipe the Priority Pass. Please correct me if wrong)

4. If add-on card holders dont get priority pass, how do they access international lounges??

Thanks in advance
Dm me for toll free number

View attachment 15162

The process was not difficult. Just fill the add on card request form, go to the branch, and ask the credit card team to put in the request. If possible, try to ensure that the request is placed in front of you. A service request will be sent to your email once the process is initiated.

Also, the person for whom i got the add on card issued is not an existing Axis customer. Plus the address of the add-on card holder is different from the address of the primary card holder. None of these were an issue during the issuance of the card.

If anyone wants, I can share the credit card person for the same purpose. He is based out of Noida.

PS - The add-on card request form is available in this thread at the first page.
would you be kind to share that guy number in DM

View attachment 15162

Kindly DM me the number.

View attachment 15162

hi.. can you please DM me the number of the person

Update on how to activate the addon card for Magnus

The Addon card can be activated via their mobile app. This facility has been added recently and is extremely simple to use. The IVRS option is also there but it takes 20-25 minutes via that option. Mobile app takes less than a minute.

This will probably not work for the Magnus. If someone can confirm then its a different story. But for me it was a wait for 3 months and a few follow ups with Vimal before I got the addon. If it were this easy then most of us would have approached the bank directly. Even BM’s were not letting people get the addon.
It is sad that Axis bank is treating customers is such a cavalier fashion. But I don’t think that your experience counts as the rule here.

For me, it has been an easy experience. I got 2 add-on cards issued against my account and the process has been super easy. The credit card representative came to my home to collect the addon form, the request was processed in a day or two, and the card was delivered within 3 days in NCR.

. But I don’t think that your experience counts as the rule here.
wait did I say this is the norm anywhere? As you said it was my “experience” and for that matter the same thing was experienced by many or rather most people. Also this was back in Jan-Feb. If you follow the forum closely you’ll get to know that it got way easier in the last few months and Axis indeed starting issuing Add-ons with just the forms.

Back