• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Axis Magnus with Burgundy account vs HDFC Infinia

Pawan_KS

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have Axis Magnus and HDFC DCB LTF. Also considering the devaluation of Magnus i have opened the Burgundy account to keep the transfer ration intact. I Have applied for Infinia but not pass through.
Should i still try for Infinia if i have Axis mangus with Burgundy and DCB LTF?

I have following card too:
ICICI Amazon pay. LTF
ICICI Coral LTF
ICICI Sapphiro dual card LTF
Yes First exclusive LTF
Indusind Legend LTF
HDFC neu Rupay LTF

Last edited:
I felt burgandy + magnus would be better choice and opened family banking at Axis.
Out of nowhere hdfc decided to offer me infinia (upgrade from regalia). They had rejected upgrade to DCB 5 times before this.

Not I am not getting any proper support from axis bank RM. And I am so confused what to do. I have a Big international travel and big expenses coming up.

I had even fought and got an Axis reserve card for international expenses. I have no clue what transfer ratio I will get with reserve card with burgandy account

I felt burgandy + magnus would be better choice and opened family banking at Axis.
Out of nowhere hdfc decided to offer me infinia (upgrade from regalia). They had rejected upgrade to DCB 5 times before this.

Not I am not getting any proper support from axis bank RM. And I am so confused what to do. I have a Big international travel and big expenses coming up.

I had even fought and got an Axis reserve card for international expenses. I have no clue what transfer ratio I will get with reserve card with burgandy account
If you are getting infinia, take it asap.

If you have infinia, you'll realize that magnus/reserve (even with burgundy) is a waste of your money.

I have Axis Magnus and HDFC DCB LTF. Also considering the devaluation of Magnus i have opened the Burgundy account to keep the transfer ration intact. I Have applied for Infinia but not pass through.
Should i still try for Infinia if i have Axis mangus with Burgundy and DCB LTF?

I have following card too:
ICICI Amazon pay
ICICI Coral
ICICI Sapphiro dual card LTF
Yes First exclusive
Indusind Legend
HDFC neu Rupay
Axis Burgundy with magnus is the best. No one can beat Magnus at 5:4 ratio. DCB anyways has a acceptability issues.

Also, Mangus with 35 points/Rs. 200 on spends above 1.50 lacs in a month is a killer deal.

Use TraveEdge to maximize your points for travel. I recently booked business class trip to Malaysia using travedge for 2.60 lacs and got 78000 RP i.e 63400 Airline miles. Which means free Return Business class to Bangkok or 2 economy return or Accor stay worth 1.14 lacs

Use Reserve as well for International spends, as you get 2x points and 1.5% Fx charge.

Chances are that you will get 5:4 for Reserve as well. Because for Magnus and Reserve it is same ER account tagging. Let's see In few days, not very sure.

Reserve is not bad standalone. You get 50000 points. Accor silver with 2 free stays, easily valued at 30k, 4 Airport transfers. ITC and Marriott memberships. This is much better than Amex Patinum at 60k

Last edited:
I have both accounts for long time. Keep magnus as long as they have the 5:4 transfer ratio. HDFC bank is now zenith of bureaucracy still I am keeping it as I don't want to keep all eggs in one basket.

Use TraveEdge to maximize your points for travel. I recently booked business class trip to Malaysia using travedge for 2.60 lacs and got 78000 RP i.e 63400 Airline miles. Which means free Return Business class to Bangkok or 2 economy return or Accor stay worth 1.14 lacs

Use Reserve as well for International spends, as you get 2x points and 1.5% Fx charge.

Chances are that you will get 5:4 for Reserve as well. Because for Magnus and Reserve it is same ER account tagging. Let's see In few days, not very sure.

Reserve is not bad standalone. You get 50000 points. Accor silver with 2 free stays, easily valued at 30k, 4 Airport transfers. ITC and Marriott memberships. This is much better than Amex Patinum at 60k
Agreed.
I just booked economy flight tickets for NewZeland using 2.58 lakh KrisFlyer (i.e. 3.23 ER points) + I have about 64k Accor points and 2 free nights from accor. This almost covers about 80% (or more) of my stays in NZ. Thanks to Accor having stays at all cities I plan to visit.

Just wish there was a car rental partner also - I know I am asking for too much.

If you are getting infinia, take it asap.

If you have infinia, you'll realize that magnus/reserve (even with burgundy) is a waste of your money.
I beg to disagree
You cannot even book a long distance international air ticket, because the daily limit for 16.66% or 33.33% return is only 15000 points which implies an airfare of 90000 or hotel price of 45000

Last edited:
I beg to disagree
You cannot even book a long distance international air ticket, because the daily limit for 16.66% or 33.33% return is only 7500 points which implies an airfare of 45000 or hotel price of 22500
Agreed, infinia is not good for international travel. But taking a 15K annual fee (with no renewal benefits) card just for international trips is worse.

I won't be able to recover my annual fee with magnus (with or without burgundy) with just international travel spends, forget rewards.

Infinia + Amex plat travel is much better than magnus if you have regular international travel.

Back