• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Olympus vs Axis Atlas - Which one to get?

theboogeyman

TF Select
In the below post i will classify atlas edge miles as atlas miles and Olympus edge miles as Olympus miles as transfer ratio is different to avoid confusion.

Non-Spend-Based Benefits Comparison:​

FeatureAxis Atlas CardAxis Olympus Card
Joining FeeINR 5,000 + GSTINR 20,000 + GST
Welcome Benefit2,500 or 5,000 Atlas Miles (depends on card issuance date)Taj/ITC hotel voucher worth INR 10,000 + 2,500 Olympus Miles
Annual BenefitNo specific hotel voucherTaj/ITC hotel voucher worth INR 10,000 + 2,500 Olympus Miles
Lounge AccessDomestic and international lounge accessUnlimited domestic lounges + 10 guest visits, international Priority Pass lounges
Golf BenefitsNot included8 complimentary domestic golf rounds/lessons + additional rounds based on spend
Concierge and Airport TransferNot includedComplimentary concierge and 2 airport transfers per year
Complimentary StayNot included3rd night free with 3 consecutive nights at select hotels
Taj Epicure MembershipNot includedComplimentary with 25% savings on dining, stays, and spa

Spend-Based Benefits Comparison:​

Spend TypeAxis Atlas CardAxis Olympus Card
Domestic Spend2 Atlas Miles per INR 100 spent1 Olympus Mile per INR 100 spent
International Spend2 Atlas Miles per INR 100 spent2 Olympus Miles per INR 100 spent
Conversion Rate1 Atlas Mile = 2 Partner Points (Accor or Avios)1 Olympus Mile = 4 Partner Points (Accor or Avios)

Spend Example: Domestic Spend Comparison​

Example for INR 1,00,000 Domestic Spend:

CardMiles EarnedConversion Rate to Partner PointsTotal Partner PointsValue in Accor Points (INR)Value in Avios (INR)
Axis Atlas2,000 Atlas Miles1 Atlas Mile = 2 Points4,000 PointsINR 7,200 (Accor)INR 5,200 (Avios)
Axis Olympus1,000 Olympus Miles1 Olympus Mile = 4 Points4,000 PointsINR 7,200 (Accor)INR 5,200 (Avios)

Spend Example: International Spend Comparison​

Example for INR 1,00,000 International Spend:
CardMiles EarnedPartner PointsValue in Accor Points (INR)Value in Avios (INR)Forex Rate (%)Forex Charge (INR)Total Cost (INR, with Forex)Net Reward Rate with Accor (%)Net Reward Rate with Avios (%)
Axis Atlas2,000 Atlas Miles4,000 PointsINR 7,200INR 5,2004.13%INR 4,130INR 1,04,1306.91%4.99%
Axis Olympus2,000 Olympus Miles8,000 PointsINR 14,400INR 10,4002.12%INR 2,120INR 1,02,12014.10%10.18%

Key Takeaways:​

1. International Spend: The Olympus Card clearly offers better rewards for international spending, with double the partner points compared to the Atlas Card (due to the 1:4 conversion).
  2. Domestic Spend: Both cards offer 4,000 partner points for domestic spending on INR 1,00,000, but the Atlas card has milestone benefits which will in return earn more miles.
  3. Non-Spend Benefits: The Olympus Card offers significantly more premium benefits like Taj Epicure membership, Hotels 3+1, golf rounds, and airport concierge services, unlimited lounges , making it suitable for premium travelers.

Last edited:
You have completely neglected the 5 RPs on travel spends on Atlas. If Olympus offers more for international spends (8%), then Atlas offers more benefits for travel spends (10%). Moreover, the USP of Atlas is that it gives 5 RPs on spends on individual airline / hotels along with Travel Edge. I don't think any other card does that.

Axis Olympus forex markup fee is 1.8% plus GST; you may like to reconfirm and correct your forex charge. Is Axis Olympus available for all or only for Citi Prestige customers?

Axis Olympus forex markup fee is 1.8% plus GST; you may like to reconfirm and correct your forex charge. Is Axis Olympus available for all or only for Citi Prestige customers?
It is only available for Citi Prestige customers right now. But will be available for everyone in the coming months.

lifestyle benefits axis olympus is the winner plus more number of edge miles we can transfer as compare to atlas, for accelerated rewards i think infinia and dcb are more preferable. In the near future i am also more interested in olympus + dcb + zenith plus(rupay version)

but i am also afraid axis will devalue olympus very soon :p

You have completely neglected the 5 RPs on travel spends on Atlas. If Olympus offers more for international spends (8%), then Atlas offers more benefits for travel spends (10%). Moreover, the USP of Atlas is that it gives 5 RPs on spends on individual airline / hotels along with Travel Edge. I don't think any other card does that.
Hi , i havent neglected it, generally Atlas is usefull if you buy a lot of airline tickets(from airline website), and coming to hotels generally its price is way lower on sites like agoda compared to their website so I never actually booked it, let me add the comparison on that too but i feel that's a very small segment

lifestyle benefits axis olympus is the winner plus more number of edge miles we can transfer as compare to atlas, for accelerated rewards i think infinia and dcb are more preferable. In the near future i am also more interested in olympus + dcb + zenith plus(rupay version)

but i am also afraid axis will devalue olympus very soon :p
I feel it wont happen as they will try to hold on to citi customers (to save face) for atleast 2 years, and the 20K joining fee will keep many people away.

Hi , i havent neglected it, generally Atlas is usefull if you buy a lot of airline tickets(from airline website), and coming to hotels generally its price is way lower on sites like agoda compared to their website so I never actually booked it, let me add the comparison on that too but i feel that's a very small segment
Bro what are you saying? It most definitely isn't a small segment. It is honestly THE USP of the card.

The big draw for olympus is the reward in forex. The regular rewards also is good (not best). In atlas the downside is limit on how much one can transfer in a year.

Back