• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bajaj Housing Finance IPO

So I got my first IPO allotment. What are guys planning to do with these shares? Sell after listing gains or keep for long term. Would really appreciate some recommendations and guidance.

P.S. I am not a trader, so am confused
Recommendations can be given only by SEBI registered Investment Advisors.

Best way to get free recommendation is to open a trading account with a genuine small brokerage firm. This way you get access to their research. You can keep trading/investing with Zerodha/other discount brokers.

Last edited:
Recommendations can be given only by SEBI registered Investment Advisors.

Best way to get free recommendation is to open a trading account with a genuine small brokerage firm. This way you get access to their research. You can keep trading/investing with Zerodha/other discount brokers.
Cool, my main focus was towards what other guys are planning to do, rather than asking should I sell or not.

Should have framed better.

Always use ASBA if UPI doesn't work.

I apply from Zerodha using UPI of IndusInd. Earlier used UPI of Kotak. Till date worked for all IPOs including Bajaj.
yeah my friend told me to apply using hdfc netbanking and said look for ASBA cause no UPI accept request just simple straight forward but where is it in hdfc netbamking i didn't explore. do point out where is it though.

yeah my friend told me to apply using hdfc netbanking and said look for ASBA cause no UPI accept request just simple straight forward but where is it in hdfc netbamking i didn't explore. do point out where is it though.
I don't have HDFC account so can't tell you. But look for ASBA/IPO/Investment type of options. I have done from ICICI, IndusInd, Kotak and Canara Bank.

But check this out...https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/invest/ipo-application-through-asba/application
  • If you are an HDFC Bank NetBanking customer, you can now apply online. Log in on NetBanking and select the "IPO Application" option from the bottom left menu. You will then be re-directed to our IPO Online System.

Guys first of all thank you very much for reaching out to me!!🙏🙏

I am responding one by one... First I am responding to personal messages and then I will respond to all the posts!!😀😀

I am really amazed by the response of TF members and it has really encouraged me to share my finance knowledge with interested people and finance learners!!👍👍

Apologies for delay as I was in my office and just finished all the work!!😁😁

Have ever read RHP of any company or you just apply on the basis of grey market premium only? If it is so, so don't worry just wait for bear market and you will forget to apply in IPO's again.
View attachment 68668
@Ak Singh : I must say you are the most experienced person I met here in TF related to markets and finance!!👍👍

It really gives happiness when we can talk with experienced persons who are in market before these so called new players came after Corona!!😄😄

Thanks for posts... You have already explained everything!!👍👍

Guys first of all thank you very much for reaching out to me!!🙏🙏

I am responding one by one... First I am responding to personal messages and then I will respond to all the posts!!😀😀

I am really amazed by the response of TF members and it has really encouraged me to share my finance knowledge with interested people and finance learners!!👍👍

Apologies for delay as I was in my office and just finished all the work!!😁😁
Bro, the point is now, sell on listing or hold?

What is your strategy? Please enlighten us.

Btw, I got 2 (applied for 4) - this is my strategy ;)
Sir aap kahan inn sab chote mote cheezo me par rhe ho!!

Aapke naam se toh Bajaj Wale aise hi dar jaenge!!😁😁

Sir the strategy was simple and I think most of the people who are into the markets knew this.

Buy 1 share of Parent Company before cutoff date for Shareholder category eligibility. Plan and arrange for funds so that maximum no of lots you can apply in Shareholder Category as allocated is done on proportionate basis.😄😄

Remember only in Shareholder Category and Big-HNI category allotment is done on proportionate basis so best chances are here.

And also apply min lot in any other category along with above category!!😀😀

@Ak Singh : I must say you are the most experienced person I met here in TF related to markets and finance!!👍👍

It really gives happiness when we can talk with experienced persons who are in market before these so called new players came after Corona!!😄😄

Thanks for posts... You have already explained everything!!👍👍
Thanks for your appreciation,
although I am still learning and always try to learn from market because stock market is never ending ocean of knowledge. we learn something new everyday from market. market is supreme and we are just disciple.
Keep learning and keep earning.

Applied in retail and SH categories. Got 1 alloted thought SH quote. Used GROWW and UPI. I guess in such IPOs you need to be quick and accept the mandate immediately. I saw that even ASBA had problems. I guess we are not equipped best in terms of infrastructure to handle such high volume.
Absolutely this was expected and some banks have still not done enough.

You know Kotak and Axis were completely out on 3rd day... On fact their ASBA service was also not working forget about UPI.

In much anticipated IPO this happens... You won't get mandate... Some time people cancel and apply again then old mandate comes..
Sometimes mandate comes after cutoff time..
In all cases application is rejected.

So never wait for the last day and use ASBA in much demanded IPOs.

You know I invested in first 2 min in the very first day!!😆😆

So I got my first IPO allotment. What are guys planning to do with these shares? Sell after listing gains or keep for long term. Would really appreciate some recommendations and guidance.

P.S. I am not a trader, so am confused
Since I am not a SEBI registered advisor so I cannot give you this answer.

But what I am going to do and my suggestion I have already mentioned in the OP.

Since this is your first IPO allotment so just sharing you some facts for your easy decision making:

After 30 years any Bajaj group company IPO has come.
And just check and study Parent Company Bajaj Finance journey from starting. You will get lot of clarity!!😄😄

Sir aap kahan inn sab chote mote cheezo me par rhe ho!!

Aapke naam se toh Bajaj Wale aise hi dar jaenge!!😁😁
Kyun bhai mera Naam itna darawna hai kya?
Sir the strategy was simple and I think most of the people who are into the markets knew this.

Buy 1 share of Parent Company before cutoff date for Shareholder category eligibility. Plan and arrange for funds so that maximum no of lots you can apply in Shareholder Category as allocated is done on proportionate basis.😄😄

Remember only in Shareholder Category and Big-HNI category allotment is done on proportionate basis so best chances are here.

And also apply min lot in any other category along with above category!!😀😀
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and strategy. We learn new things everyday.

Bro, the point is now, sell on listing or hold?
Bro as I already mentioned that I am not an SEBI registered advisor so I cannot recommend anything!!😁😁

But what I will do I have already mentioned in the original post even before starting of this IPO and I will strict to that only!!😤😤

Since this company will become large cap upon listing as the market capitalisation is expected around 50k crores so you don't have to think and worry that much. Whatever you do in this you will always be happy!!😄😄

Back