• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Banglore to Singapore trip lounge access

I had airtel with normal recharge and received sms seamlessly. No need to recharge international roaming. From airtel thanks app. Check if international roaming is enabled. Otherwise enable it. And are good to go.
Will suggest to take international roaming. It is now pretty cheap and turns out better than taking a temporary foreign sim.
Since I am gonna stay in relative house, internet won't be issue but while we roaming we will recharge based on the situation. As long as I will receive sms i am ok to go there and plan based on the situation.

By the way , how is the card acceptance there ? While I went to Thailand most of the places they asked cash , but in Dubai 85% we used card ( zero markup debit card) . Since I got mayura card i wanna use that every where.

Since I am gonna stay in relative house, internet won't be issue but while we roaming we will recharge based on the situation. As long as I will receive sms i am ok to go there and plan based on the situation.

By the way , how is the card acceptance there ? While I went to Thailand most of the places they asked cash , but in Dubai 85% we used card ( zero markup debit card) . Since I got mayura card i wanna use that every where.
card acceptance will be same like Dubai.. can be used almost everywhere..

How about rupay acceptance ?
No idea.

You'll receive sms. I had active plan (last year's daily 1.5gb data plan. I think it was ₹249 or something). You'll get incoming calls also. Just don't pick up or disconnect incoming calls, otherwise you might be charged. Basically don't interact with incoming calls. My airtel became "airtel - maxis". Similarly in singapore it became "airtel - singtel".

Card acceptance rate is very good. All supermarkets and smaller 7/11 accepts card. Just don't expect small roadside vendors to accept card.

No idea.

You'll receive sms. I had active plan (last year's daily 1.5gb data plan. I think it was ₹249 or something). You'll get incoming calls also. Just don't pick up or disconnect incoming calls, otherwise you might be charged. Basically don't interact with incoming calls. My airtel became "airtel - maxis". Similarly in singapore it became "airtel - singtel".

Card acceptance rate is very good. All supermarkets and smaller 7/11 accepts card. Just don't expect small roadside vendors to accept card.
Got it , thank you. I will try all the network card and update here

Got it , thank you. I will try all the network card and update here
I withdrew 200 ringgit in cash from hsbc-amanah atm (located just outside of the arrival hall after customs and immigration). No extra charges. For this I used indusind indie dc. Kept this cash for small vendors where card is not used and for emergency. Ended up with more than 100 ringgit after the trip as I used cc everywhere.

I used scapia cc for all shopping and payments. Worked each time without fail.

I withdrew 200 ringgit in cash from hsbc-amanah atm (located just outside of the arrival hall after customs and immigration). No extra charges. For this I used indusind indie dc. Kept this cash for small vendors where card is not used and for emergency. Ended up with more than 100 ringgit after the trip as I used cc everywhere.

I used scapia cc for all shopping and payments. Worked each time without fail.
Great , does scapia gives reward points ?
I asked rupay because of rewards rate . 1.25%
Mayura will fetch 1.7 to 1.8% after 20k spend .

Great , does scapia gives reward points ?
I asked rupay because of rewards rate . 1.25%
Mayura will fetch 1.7 to 1.8% after 20k spend .
No points for international spends (scapia). It was the only zero forex cc with me at that time so used it. I even paid VoA fees of 200 ringgit with scapia.

Acceptance rate of rupay will depend upon the acceptance rate of diners club / discover network. Let us know after using it.

Do we need to take print ?
In email they sent details but no barcode
But in app it's shown barcode .
No print needed. The details went to immigration authority server and the e-gate will record your biometrics if this is your first time visit to Singapore. All your visa details and the SGAC details you entered got saved in their server against your passport number. Everything is digital and automated. No human immigration officer interaction. That e-gate is the officer, lol.

Take a print out of visa only, not SGAC. This is to show to airline while you take boarding pass, and also to Indian immigration. As these folks don't have your visa details.

There was a news last month that singapore is implementing passport-less immigration. Where your face is your passport. Don't know if it's live already. Once live, you'll need passport for the first time when you enter Singapore and your biometrics will get captured by the e-gate. After that all future visits will not even require your passport. On scanning your face/retina etc the e-gate machine will recognize who you are, whether you have valid visa etc and will give you immigration clearance.

Last edited:
No print needed. The details went to immigration authority server and the e-gate will record your biometrics if this is your first time visit to Singapore. All your visa details and the SGAC details you entered got saved in their server against your passport number. Everything is digital and automated. No human immigration officer interaction. That e-gate is the officer, lol.

Take a print out of visa only, not SGAC. This is to show to airline while you take boarding pass, and also to Indian immigration. As these folks don't have your visa details.

There was a news last month that singapore is implementing passport-less immigration. Where your face is your passport. Don't know if it's live already. Once live, you'll need passport for the first time when you enter Singapore and your biometrics will get captured by the e-gate. After that all future visits will not even require your passport. On scanning your face/retina etc the e-gate machine will recognize who you are, whether you have valid visa etc and will give you immigration clearance.

Need guidance on how to proceed jewel Changi lounge?
Is it after security clearance and baggage collection? Or how to reach there since there is no terminal mentioned in ticket .

Back