• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[** BBD/GIF 2024 **] Best Deals on Appliances : TV, AC, Refrigerator, Washing Machine etc....

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Yes, which one do you suggest.

What exactly are the cons for LG and carrier you are aware of? And which brand do you suggest other than this?

Carrier is 39k, LG is 43k for 1.5T 5 star
First tell us your room specifications, direct sun exposure? Room sealing good ?? Etc

I bought LG 5 star 1.5 tonne last year..
Overall okay..
Carrier used to be good before, now it is also sort of okay..
LG 5 star is definitely power efficient, but cooling wise if your room is correctly sized and sealed properly it works great.. there won’t be regrets.. but it is definitely not the best out there in quality wise..
But for the price you are paying it is a good deal
1727110027844.webp

1727110087736.webp

Room dimensions are 180 sq ft types

Humidity is very high in monsoon. Town is Unavailable HP, weather is like Punjab
food for thought...
read this blog.. you will get a very good understanding how these things work , what are different important factors to consider, how do we right size the AC etc...this is a very good website.. mostly you will know all the answers to all your questions after going thru this site..
then we will have a discussion....

Room dimensions are 180 sq ft types

Humidity is very high in monsoon. Town is Unavailable HP, weather is like Punjab
Technically speaking ,this is the most important slide you need to look at while selecting any AC to suit your room size cooling effectiveness under various weather conditions and power consumption....

for carrier 1.5tonne , 5 star..

1727112403122.webp

For LG 1.5 tonne,5 star..

1727112326585.webp

food for thought...
read this blog.. you will get a very good understanding how these things work , what are different important factors to consider, how do we right size the AC etc...this is a very good website.. mostly you will know all the answers to all your questions after going thru this site..
then we will have a discussion....

Hmm so LG and carrier both are underpowered to put in simple terms.
I won't be able to get a good deal on Mitsubishi or OGeneral. Can consider Daikin or Hitachi.

Only problem I noticed with Daikin is thier indoor units are now small by more than 15cm so airflow is lesser

Technically speaking ,this is the most important slide you need to look at while selecting any AC to suit your room size cooling effectiveness under various weather conditions and power consumption....

for carrier 1.5tonne , 5 star..

View attachment 69898

For LG 1.5 tonne,5 star..

View attachment 69897
So LG and Carrier are quite comparable in this perspective. LG now has some moisture control thing which might be a plus

Hmm so LG and carrier both are underpowered to put in simple terms.
I won't be able to get a good deal on Mitsubishi or OGeneral. Can consider Daikin or Hitachi.

Only problem I noticed with Daikin is thier indoor units are now small by more than 15cm so airflow is lesser
So LG and Carrier are quite comparable in this perspective. LG now has some moisture control thing which might be a plus

Dont go into too much details about, airflow size, moisture control etc.. if you seal your room properly most of these ACs work properly..

Generally speaking, AC's quality is getting deteriorated every year irrepscitve of the brands.. they are all very similar except for highly priced brands...

Daikin is also in the similar price range.. but with a bit more cooling capacity...
so ,, my final advice
either Daikin or LG
which ever suits you considering all your individual factors applicable to you..

If you want any more info , just keep it short and sweet..

all the best.

Daikin specs.

1727113935282.webp

Last edited:
Dont go into too much details about, airflow size, moisture control etc.. if you seal your room properly most of these ACs work properly..

Generally speaking, AC's quality is getting deteriorated every year irrepscitve of the brands.. they are all very similar except for highly priced brands...

Daikin is also in the similar price range.. but with a bit more cooling capacity...
so ,, my final advice
either Daikin or LG
which ever suits you considering all your individual factors applicable to you..

If you want any more info , just keep it short and sweet..

all the best.

Daikin specs.

View attachment 69910

Got it, thanks for the review and details

Got it, thanks for the review and details
Get Daikin or Carrier and last option LG.

call each of their customer care & ask about their service centre in your location, is it preferred or partnered, you'll get idea that which is better in terms of service.

If you're allergic to direct air on the body. There is samsung AC with wind free feature, which might be helpful for specific set of customers.

I had carrier & IFB in mind (not that great in AC) because it was around 33k after NCEMI & Installation.

Get Daikin or Carrier and last option LG.

call each of their customer care & ask about their service centre in your location, is it preferred or partnered, you'll get idea that which is better in terms of service.

If you're allergic to direct air on the body. There is samsung AC with wind free feature, which might be helpful for specific set of customers.

I had carrier & IFB in mind (not that great in AC) because it was around 33k after NCEMI & Installation.
Bhai ab thoda confuse hota jaa rha hu, koi Carrier keh rha koi LG :p

Service wise dono thik hai mere area mei

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back