• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Beginner in credit card journey facing issues

Hello,

Welcome to your credit card journey. Firstly, you need to stop applying credit cards. It shows as "credit hungry" behaviour to bank. I would suggest to use both of these cards for at least 1 year. Pay your dues on time (recommended before), try to get credit limit enhancement after 6 months of your card issuance from same bank. Once you have a stable score of 750+ consistently, you shall get offers and approvals.

Also, are you salaried or self employed?
Salaried employee, started my corporate journey in Jan'23

Salaried employee, started my corporate journey in Jan'23
Young rushing blood...ha... nothing wrong... but please wait for 6 months... you will have world at your feet if you play the cards right in the next 10 years... in Credit card area.... Don't rush...

Y

Yup got it 😀
My last advice to you for this evening...
Go and enjoy your life for the next 6 months and come back here after 6 months and ask us what you want...
This is must.. the more time you spend here the more you want to do something and you actaully don't need that..
You don't need to do anything now and except , work hard, spend wisely with your CC and enjoy life..
See you in 6 months...

Honestly, just for a second - how many times do you think you missed these 10% online sales during last 3 years, and what is your choice when you don't have credit card and have credit card during that time?

I believe one look for credit card ladder, based on increasing rewards not with increasing number of cards.

I know your intended answer is how to get 10 credit cards from all the banks and that too LTF but trust me you have excellent cards which are versatile and cover most of your spends.

Again, I do not know your income, monthly spends, and their categories - based on general purpose rewards suggested use those cards. I think you've better cards with you.

Now, forgot about 10% sales but honestly if you spend same amount with Millennia, its easy for you to get their premium cards just by constant spends, that won't possible if you split those spends to other cards and distribute everywhere where none of the cards think you're eligible for upgrade because of low spends (or not much).

Anyway, still need

• Axis - visit any nearby branch and apply c2c through Millennia (not LTF)
  • UPI - actually Millennia provides 1% cashback on wallet loads that usually sufficient (again, here my point increasing spends on single card to upgrade to that bank premium cards), still try to use Nue app for a month or two (possibly LTF)
  • ICICI - as suggested by others (including own experience), ping them on twitter and convey them when they called you. this needs patience and finding right agent, if any agent says not possible or apply fresh - just ignore and wait for a week or 15 days - repeat the process.

If your cards are more than 1yr old, then you can get AU, IDFC easily (variant differs but anyway you need to increase cards not their rewards)

Still advising you focus on increasing spends, know that in certain cases* Millennia provides 7% in most of the online categories (with milestone).
I agree with @helloworld on this. Try to focus on spending and that too spending the amount which is necessary. Don't just spend here and there, everywhere just for the sake of spending in the lure of attracting premium cards and other bank cards.

Just spend through both of your cards where necessary, pay your credit card bills on time, avoid applying to too many cards in a short span of time. All these steps will help improve your credit score and banks themselves will run after you to sell their cards, you will get all kind of offers, everything you need.

Patience is the key. Why would you need so much cards? If you think that the core ICICI card was absolutely necessary for you so that you could use it for the upcoming 10% off deals, then you should have applied for a core ICICI card at that point of time instead of the ICICI Apay Card. Think before you act.

For example :- SBI has a lot of cards and people try to get the SBI Cashback card anyhow. Many people in the internet would tell you that's the best card and the same people will tell you that another popular SBI card which is the SBI SimplyClick Credit Card is not of any use. But trust me when I say this, SBi SimplyClick Credit Card is one of the best credit cards in the SBI credit card portfolio. Even I had a doubt when applying for it. it's only because of Technofino Community here that I made the right choice and applied for the card. I applied through Cashkaro and got Rs 2000 worth of gift cards for the card approval and additional Rs 500 Amazon Pay gift card from SBI on behalf of first year's fee. So in a way I have got this card free of cost for 5 years now. Yes, GST on the fee is an exception. But let me tell you when the online sales happen this card is the best for all kinds of discounts. It's been 3 months I'm using this card now but let me tell you I have got benefits worth Rs 7k-8k from the online discounts and reward points accumulated on this card apart from the benefits mentioned above. So, you see just by paying Rs 590 as my joining fee and using the card consistently I have currently enjoyed benefits worth around Rs 11k. I'm sure there's many more to come ahead.

I also have a HDFC Millennia Credit Card. It is also around 3 months old. I got it pre-approved with fee (No LTF). But let me tell you this is my go to card. It's my favorite. And I am judiciously using both HDFC Millennia Credit Card and SBI SimplyClick Credit Card in places where I can get the maximum benefit using either of the cards and have consistent spendings month on month on these two cards only. I have not applied to any other card from the past 3 months even if I desire to have other cards. I think it's not needed.

Think about it. what would you do with so many cards? the Euphoria will last only a few days. Even if you're eligible for a HDFC Infinia now, what would you do with that card if you don't have considerable spending on flights and hotels? or any high value spending? Because that card is meant for that purpose.

So, always think about the future needs when applying or have a desire to apply so many cards. Is it really necessary? Would it benefit me in the future? Is there any harm in having so many credit cards with this much credit limit? (Because, nowadays you're seeing people's application getting rejected for being over-leveraged). If a card releases tomorrow having benefits of significant value to them, they can't apply now because of holding too many credit cards with excessive credit limit. Even if they close some, it will take 3-4 months to reflect in the credit reports.

That's the point. Think wisely when dealing with credit cards. Yes, it's addictive. But always have a control over your senses and learn consistently.

I'm an amateur credit card holder. I've been through this stage. I can understand your anxiety. But trust me, the advices given here by the technofino community members, especially @helloworld are words of gold for you. It will only benefit you in the future. Wish you good luck.

You can request icici platinum as a upgrade to Apay. Just DM to Icici bank cares in Twitter and say that you want another card as you already have a card and share your registered number.

I am not sure that they're approving platinum by this method because many requested Amex and Mastercard and visa coral ltf after getting Coral rupay ltf offer and now icici is rejecting their requests
Icici is approving Platinum based on Apay.
Try X(twitter) handle @icicibank_care
Just drop a DM & your number,you'll get the call tomorrow or day after tomorrow

Apply for TATA Neu Rupay CC. It will get Approved on a shared limit basis.

After 6-12 Months : Apply for every card you want using
1. C2C
2. Your Salary Slip
I am holding the Regalia and applied for the pre-approved ltf Tata Neu Infinity. They rejected my application , stating the reason that I am already holding one hdfc card. So due to their policy they cannot offer me another card at this time. How should I proceed in this now?

Icici is approving Platinum based on Apay.
Try X(twitter) handle @icicibank_care
Just drop a DM & your number,you'll get the call tomorrow or day after tomorrow
I heared icici is not providing ltf Amex or Mastercard coral after getting LTF coral. Then only I said this

Reactions: SSV
I agree with @helloworld on this. Try to focus on spending and that too spending the amount which is necessary. Don't just spend here and there, everywhere just for the sake of spending in the lure of attracting premium cards and other bank cards.

Just spend through both of your cards where necessary, pay your credit card bills on time, avoid applying to too many cards in a short span of time. All these steps will help improve your credit score and banks themselves will run after you to sell their cards, you will get all kind of offers, everything you need.

Patience is the key. Why would you need so much cards? If you think that the core ICICI card was absolutely necessary for you so that you could use it for the upcoming 10% off deals, then you should have applied for a core ICICI card at that point of time instead of the ICICI Apay Card. Think before you act.

For example :- SBI has a lot of cards and people try to get the SBI Cashback card anyhow. Many people in the internet would tell you that's the best card and the same people will tell you that another popular SBI card which is the SBI SimplyClick Credit Card is not of any use. But trust me when I say this, SBi SimplyClick Credit Card is one of the best credit cards in the SBI credit card portfolio. Even I had a doubt when applying for it. it's only because of Technofino Community here that I made the right choice and applied for the card. I applied through Cashkaro and got Rs 2000 worth of gift cards for the card approval and additional Rs 500 Amazon Pay gift card from SBI on behalf of first year's fee. So in a way I have got this card free of cost for 5 years now. Yes, GST on the fee is an exception. But let me tell you when the online sales happen this card is the best for all kinds of discounts. It's been 3 months I'm using this card now but let me tell you I have got benefits worth Rs 7k-8k from the online discounts and reward points accumulated on this card apart from the benefits mentioned above. So, you see just by paying Rs 590 as my joining fee and using the card consistently I have currently enjoyed benefits worth around Rs 11k. I'm sure there's many more to come ahead.

I also have a HDFC Millennia Credit Card. It is also around 3 months old. I got it pre-approved with fee (No LTF). But let me tell you this is my go to card. It's my favorite. And I am judiciously using both HDFC Millennia Credit Card and SBI SimplyClick Credit Card in places where I can get the maximum benefit using either of the cards and have consistent spendings month on month on these two cards only. I have not applied to any other card from the past 3 months even if I desire to have other cards. I think it's not needed.

Think about it. what would you do with so many cards? the Euphoria will last only a few days. Even if you're eligible for a HDFC Infinia now, what would you do with that card if you don't have considerable spending on flights and hotels? or any high value spending? Because that card is meant for that purpose.

So, always think about the future needs when applying or have a desire to apply so many cards. Is it really necessary? Would it benefit me in the future? Is there any harm in having so many credit cards with this much credit limit? (Because, nowadays you're seeing people's application getting rejected for being over-leveraged). If a card releases tomorrow having benefits of significant value to them, they can't apply now because of holding too many credit cards with excessive credit limit. Even if they close some, it will take 3-4 months to reflect in the credit reports.

That's the point. Think wisely when dealing with credit cards. Yes, it's addictive. But always have a control over your senses and learn consistently.

I'm an amateur credit card holder. I've been through this stage. I can understand your anxiety. But trust me, the advices given here by the technofino community members, especially @helloworld are words of gold for you. It will only benefit you in the future. Wish you good luck.
One more thing, I would like to add
Just don't buy anything in hurry as because you want it at that moment & you have limit available on your card or in account.
Give it a thought for a week or two,then you can take a well informed decision.
We do make these mistakes when we start earning.
Try to weigh that money with your time that you're not spending that much money but your invaluable time,e.g. if you’re going to spend 1l & your take home is 1l.
Then don't think that you're spending 1l,think you're giving your whole 1 month & there is no point in spending if you find after a week or so that it was not required at all.
Best of luck for your bright future.

Very well said, got really great piece of advice. Was really overwhelmed seeing posts here and on DD. Got to know of this forum last Friday through dd and have been going through many posts here with people showing collection of cards they have 😅

Missing something: Yes, a rupay card to link with UPI. Also, need a Axis card and possibly other cards too, helpful in online sales. I also want a core ICICI CC because during prime day sale too the apay cc was getting less discount.

Difficulty- Application gets rejected 🙁

I applied for c2c icici platinum chip cc, how many days they take to inform if it is approved and issued or not? VKYC done, two days later verification call done. While applying agent told 48 hours, gone past. Its not appearing in imobile app to track.

Back