• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Beginner in credit card journey facing issues

I got my first credit card a a week back. I am thinking of applying for those with no income proof. Does apay ICICI ask for income proof?

If you have Millenia AND Regalia you won't get Neu. I think HDFC gives max two cards. In fact it's surprising you got both Millenia and Regalia, because I think the two cards means one regular and one co-branded.
No, I am not having the millenia. I just have the regalia

I got my first credit card in January - HDFC Millenia with my salary account. Also applied ICICI apay during that time and to my surprise it got approved, probably because I have a gold savings with ICICI.
So, currently holding two CC
- HDFC Millenia (1.5L limit)
- ICICI APay (60K Limit)

I have a CIBIL score of 752 as per one score app. I am finding it difficult to get any new ccs. Can people suggest me how to climb up the CC ladder and get more cards 🙂
Let your cards turn a year or older before applying for any more cards. You need to go slow and wait for your credit history and score to build up. I'd suggest using Googlepay or Wishfin -- or CIBIL's own website -- to get your report.

I applied for c2c icici platinum chip cc, how many days they take to inform if it is approved and issued or not? VKYC done, two days later verification call done. While applying agent told 48 hours, gone past. Its not appearing in imobile app to track.
Home & office verifications shall be done,then card shall be approved
One more thing,even if bank issues card on C2C basis still one has to have a stable earning & that's why they verify.

I went through exactly the same process for the Platinum CC. I had started a Titanium Privilege relationship a few days before that.

Didn't hear anything about my CC application for more than a month! Then, on pestering the agent, came to know that it was rejected!

After a few months I was offered a pre-approved LTF Coral CC, -- "because we know you better now"! How exactly that miracle happened, I'd never know, since they didn't have any more interactions with me in the meantime!

I refused the LTF Coral CC because I was still annoyed with them.

A few days later, Amazon offered me an APay ICICI CC, and I accepted that. It was approved in a couple of minutes without any documents or verifications whatsoever! The limit offered was the same as that for the refused Coral CC.

I went through exactly the same process for the Platinum CC. I had started a Titanium Privilege relationship a few days before that.

Didn't hear anything about my CC application for more than a month! Then, on pestering the agent, came to know that it was rejected!

After a few months I was offered a pre-approved LTF Coral CC, -- "because we know you better now"! How exactly that miracle happened, I'd never know, since they didn't have any more interactions with me in the meantime!

I refused the LTF Coral CC because I was still annoyed with them.

A few days later, Amazon offered me an APay ICICI CC, and I accepted that. It was approved in a couple of minutes without any documents or verifications whatsoever! The limit offered was the same as that for the refused Coral CC.
one month!! did you get 2 verifications call, the second one from some icici project manager asking about your office name and address? In my case she seems confused regarding spelling of name. She confirmed the same from me, I asked her, and she confirmed that the card has been approved, but wouldn't be able to tell limit as she has no access to that info.

edit: well well , just as I wrote , got the congratulations sms from ICICI, like on a cue. 🙂 Now have to figure out what limit has been assigned.

Last edited:
one month!! did you get 2 verifications call, the second one from some icici project manager asking about your office name and address? In my case she seems confused regarding spelling of name. She confirmed the same from me, I asked her, and she confirmed that the card has been approved, but wouldn't be able to tell limit as she has no access to that info.

edit: well well , just as I wrote , got the congratulations sms from ICICI, like on a cue. 🙂 Now have to figure out what limit has been assigned.
Congratulations 🎊

Thanks, read about my happiness in this thread..😆

one month!! did you get 2 verifications call, the second one from some icici project manager asking about your office name and address?

After all verifications were done, I had a home visit by some third party employed by ICICI. Guess my home was not to his liking. All communications stopped after that, until I forced the decision out of them.

I don't know what caused their change of heart months later, making them offer me a pre-approved Coral CC, LTF.

Thanks, read about my happiness in this thread..😆

So, they rejected Apay twice & approved platinum. LoL, ICICI is always different. They rejected platinum twice for me & approved Apay

Back