• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best credit card for rent payment??? Still no where found an updated & clear answer.

Hi Folks,

This is to address the long standing question of Rent payment via credit cards.

My issues (can be similar with a lot of other folks)

1. Rent of 60k per month
Currently paying through Redgiraffe with Payzapp and HDFC DCB card. - NO REWARD POINTS, but CONSIDERED IN Monthly MILESTONE of 80k spends (benefit of ~1000 rs or 1.2% in terms of vouchers)

2. Exploring SBI Vistara prime and IDFC Vistara credit cards - NO REWARD POINTS, but CONSIDERED for spend milestone (premium economy ticket vouchers ~ 10k each)
Issue - getting denied for SBI card not sure for what reason, and for IDFC, after applying for Vistara card, being offered the IDFC wow card.

3. With recent Vistara merger into AirIndia, should I apply for SBI Air India card? Does this also work for milestone spends on rent?

4. If we leave aside the ticket vouchers against milestone spends, which other card provides good net return rate for rent payment.

Looking for recommendations and discussion with the current scenario.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi Folks,

1. Rent of 60k per month
Currently paying through Redgiraffe with Payzapp and HDFC DCB card. - NO REWARD POINTS, but CONSIDERED IN Monthly MILESTONE of 80k spends (benefit of ~1000 rs or 1.2% in terms of vouchers)

2. Exploring SBI Vistara prime and IDFC Vistara credit cards - NO REWARD POINTS, but CONSIDERED for spend milestone (premium economy ticket vouchers ~ 10k each)
Issue - getting denied for SBI card not sure for what reason, and for IDFC, after applying for Vistara card, being offered the IDFC wow card.

3. With recent Vistara merger into AirIndia, should I apply for SBI Air India card? Does this also work for milestone spends on rent?

4. If we leave aside the ticket vouchers against milestone spends, which other card provides good net return rate for rent payment.

Thanks in advance!!
I suggest AmEx cards use via housing.com for rentals

How did it happen?
Long story, was a CC noob back then,
Had SBI prime card then stumbled onto Technofino to understand how SBI Vistara prime can help with same rent payments along with flight vouchers on milestone. Called up SBI customer care (too much time it took) to ask them if my Prime card can be converted to Vistara prime, they said no (got multiple similar answers). Applied for Vistara Prime online and SBI for reasons unknown denied my application. Called up customer care again for the denied application. They said we can't do anything sir, but maybe because you have a prime card that is why you can't have another sbi card. So in a dumb move closed my SBI prime card in less than a year and reapplied for Vistara prime, still denied. Started multiple email threads with SBI and called up customer care for the same but no luck as of yet.

Any tips on how I can resolve this would be highly appreciated.

• Sad
Reactions: m4b
Any tips on how I can resolve this would be highly appreciated.
Understood! We were once a CC noob before entering in this game. If you have applied for a Vistara Prime card recently then you can talk to SBI Card x Vistara customer care number on 3340573724. They seemed to be very helpful when I applied for a Vistara Prime card 3 weeks ago via sprint. I am not sure about the cooling period if your application was rejected recently. Still, you can ask them with the previous application number.

Understood! We were once a CC noob before entering in this game. If you have applied for a Vistara Prime card recently then you can talk to SBI Card x Vistara customer care number on 3340573724. They seemed to be very helpful when I applied for a Vistara Prime card 3 weeks ago via sprint. I am not sure about the cooling period if your application was rejected recently. Still, you can ask them with the previous application number.
Thank you, will try this out tomorrow.

Hi Folks,

1. Rent of 60k per month

Thanks in advance!!
Don't go for SBI AIR INDIA card, they will make you cry.

Back