• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Way to Get UAE Tourist VISA

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

I'm planning to visit Dubai with my family next year in February. Could you please advise official website or best way to get Dubai tourist VISA?

Thanks in advance!
If you are flying with Emirates, book with them. Easy approval.

Darthvader

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Emirates its dead easy if you are flying with emirates airlines. Just reach out to support and ask.

metal_heart

TF Premier
Can you share your travel plans. I'm also planning for same in mid next year. Your findings will help
Hi All,

I'm planning to visit Dubai with my family next year in February. Could you please advise official website or best way to get Dubai tourist VISA?

Thanks in advance!

Donald Duck

TF Buzz

metal_heart

TF Premier
For Visitor Visa, I believe booking ticket is not mandatory.
What does forum member advise; Should VISA be applied first or Ticket be booked.
How early, can VISA be applied? Can it be applied 3-4 months earlier and get it approved?

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
For Visitor Visa, I believe booking ticket is not mandatory.
What does forum member advise; Should VISA be applied first or Ticket be booked.
How early, can VISA be applied? Can it be applied 3-4 months earlier and get it approved?
AFAIK visa application will have a column for insurance and passport copies attachment along with tickets and 1 or 2 ref contacts there in uae

msherley8

TF Buzz
Hey! how are you planning to manage currency there? CC? forex or cash? we are visiting this month and still unsure about which forex card to carry! read a lot of suggestions here saying WOW card but it's backed by FD... Neo card has it's cons about the downtime, i want to avoid using Credit card as we are not frequent traveller so rewards points are not exciting us! I was thinking of bookmyforex or thomascook (apart from cash)
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Hey! how are you planning to manage currency there? CC? forex or cash? we are visiting this month and still unsure about which forex card to carry! read a lot of suggestions here saying WOW card but it's backed by FD... Neo card has it's cons about the downtime, i want to avoid using Credit card as we are not frequent traveller so rewards points are not exciting us! I was thinking of bookmyforex or thomascook (apart from cash)

Maybe I am a bit late to reply.

Cash is good as most of the times you will be able to get it at the normal foreign currency rate (without any markup fee) as displayed on the internet. Normally, agents charge a markup of around 2%. Make sure to get a bill for your currency purchases. Normally you are not asked for it, but while filing ITR, it can be helpful. (In case you have made a foreign tour and did not spend any foreign currency).

However, carry a credit / debit card enabled for international transactions. You can claim duty drawback on your purchases at the airport to your card account. There is a certain limit for purchases above which you can claim, but this needs to be mentioned by the store where you are making the purchase. They will require your passport and issue a receipt to that effect. Our family bought two laptops back in December 2019 and we saved around 5%.

In Abu Dhabi, we saw ebikes which needed a card payment before they could be used. So, don't rule out credit cards. You don't know where you will need one.

Most of our booking such as flight and hotels were prepaid and so we did not need a good amount of cash. But, mostly payments for entry passes (to Miracle Garden, Dolphinarium, etc), food and souvenir purchases, local taxi travel, etc are generally done in cash.

Thanks!!