• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB Credit Card rejected with no valid reason

shivtej

TF Buzz
So I recently applied for BoB credit card(13 August). It was showing as LTF. So I went ahead with the application and thought it will be approved as my CIBIL is 764 and I have CC from other 3 major banks and also have BoB savings acc from last 7 years with good balance. Also my credit utilisation, I keep it below 10%. And my overall limit is also less than my income.
But as there was no update even after 10 days on my application I thought to check the status and to my surprise it was rejected with the same stupid reason of internal policies.
So I asked them on email to specify the proper reason they responded that I am declined due to risk. So I again asked to justify what risk I pose as my profile is good and even submitted my salary slip(more than 35k) and statement as well. Then finally after 7-8 days they replied that my permanent and work address distance is high, which is just absurd(the distance is just 120km). As I live in PG at my work address and my permanent address is of my hometown, so obviously they won't be the same and I don't understand how that poses a risk.
Also physical verification of my home address was done even though I have a savings account with them, kyc was not done though.
Don't know what to do here. As whenever I reply on e-mail, a new request is created and if I am lucky I get a reply. The no provided on their website does not connect as well.
Can anyone help me out here.

So I recently applied for BoB credit card(13 August). It was showing as LTF. So I went ahead with the application and thought it will be approved as my CIBIL is 764 and I have CC from other 3 major banks and also have BoB savings acc from last 7 years with good balance. Also my credit utilisation, I keep it below 10%. And my overall limit is also less than my income.
But as there was no update even after 10 days on my application I thought to check the status and to my surprise it was rejected with the same stupid reason of internal policies.
So I asked them on email to specify the proper reason they responded that I am declined due to risk. So I again asked to justify what risk I pose as my profile is good and even submitted my salary slip(more than 35k) and statement as well. Then finally after 7-8 days they replied that my permanent and work address distance is high, which is just absurd(the distance is just 120km). As I live in PG at my work address and my permanent address is of my hometown, so obviously they won't be the same and I don't understand how that poses a risk.
Also physical verification of my home address was done even though I have a savings account with them, kyc was not done though.
Don't know what to do here. As whenever I reply on e-mail, a new request is created and if I am lucky I get a reply. The no provided on their website does not connect as well.
Can anyone help me out here.
If you have rent deed, then contact them with that. But it's up to them to consider.
Also 120 km is not 'just', next time apply with rent deed as communication address.

If you have rent deed, then contact them with that. But it's up to them to consider.
Also 120 km is not 'just', next time apply with rent deed as communication address.
PG does not have rent deed. I have the bill that the owner provided, which I have already attached. And my friend from same city has job more than 500km away, his card got approved.

PG does not have rent deed. I have the bill that the owner provided, which I have already attached. And my friend from same city has job more than 500km away, his card got approved.
Then nothing to do, wait for closure of ticket.
Your friend is extremely lucky, even pvt bank such as idfc wont consider beyond 50km distance.

Then nothing to do, wait for closure of ticket.
Your friend is extremely lucky, even pvt bank such as idfc wont consider beyond 50km distance.
But I have HDFC, ICICI, Axis cards with the same info. When I applied for these I didn't even have credit score, approved based on salary.

Back