• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB HPCL Energie - LTF?

@Abhishek012 Hi, any benefits on Rupay for this card also which variant this card 'Rupay Classic'? Seems like this Rupay variant card is easy to get compared to other banks, your opinion?
I am not sure but i think BOB HPCL Energie is RuPay Platinum credit card.

This card is good if you are doing Fuel purchase/HP LPG Gas and 1.66% cashback on Utility, Grocery and department stores.

25% off on paytm movies tickets and domestic airport lounge access

and last, RuPay credit card offers.

I had done 2 fuel transactions at HPCL till date (one for 3500, another for 3000). No rewards points credited. Additionally they levied surcharge too.
Its so ridiculous that they credited 2 reward points for each 150 spent on other categories, but didn’t provide points for fuel spends.
Only relief is that they credited 2000 reward points for initial 5000 spends.
I had sent 3 mails complaining about this. No response.
Facing same issue with SBI BPCL. Is this card on Rupay network?

I don't believe fuel cards much with different issues in all banks (ICICI HP - Said machine is not ICICI, Citi IndianOil - Check fuel station first, SBI BPCL - MCC issue), its RuPay offers I'm looking and would like to get 1 Rupay card which I think this easy to get without much hassle compared to other banks.
I remember i read on other online forums, few users facing same type of problem on other fuel cards too but its also depend on POS machine.
Next time use any other Petrol pump POS machine or other POS machines on same petrol pump.

By the way MCC codes are same for all visa/master/RuPay cards and this MCC codes are provided by acquirer banks.

RuPay card MCC code list - https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/rupay/merchant-category-code
Visa card MCC code list - https://usa.visa.com/content/dam/VCOM/download/merchants/visa-merchant-data-standards-manual.pdf

Facing same issue with SBI BPCL. Is this card on Rupay network?
Yes my BOB card is RUPAY. I also have ICICI and they waive surcharge when used on icici swipe machine only. Not seen any reward points in my 3months of usage. BTW using fuel cards are really tricky unless one knows it very well..
@anbarsn By the way, for BOB HPCL RuPay Credit Cards, BOB shared supported fuel HPCL stores list here - https://www.bobfinancial.com/documents/HPCLoutlets.pdf
Useful one. Thanks.

I am not sure but i think BOB HPCL Energie is RuPay Platinum credit card.

This card is good if you are doing Fuel purchase/HP LPG Gas and 1.66% cashback on Utility, Grocery and department stores.

25% off on paytm movies tickets and domestic airport lounge access

and last, RuPay credit card offers.
i fell for your marketing man 🤣.

BTW does any one know, how to use this stupid card in HP Pay app?

I've ICICI HPCL Super saver card and its no nonsense card for the fuel usage upto 5000 per month. My usage goes beyond 5000 for the most of the months and i used manage the excess with icici fastag(using cred fastag recharge). But now cred started charging additional 1% for fastag recharge using credit card, so i got this BOB card :( . But Hp Pay app does not even allow adding this card saying unsupported card :(

Anyone has experience, let me know please.

i fell for your marketing man 🤣.

BTW does any one know, how to use this stupid card in HP Pay app?

I've ICICI HPCL Super saver card and its no nonsense card for the fuel usage upto 5000 per month. My usage goes beyond 5000 for the most of the months and i used manage the excess with icici fastag(using cred fastag recharge). But now cred started charging additional 1% for fastag recharge using credit card, so i got this BOB card :( . But Hp Pay app does not even allow adding this card saying unsupported card :(

Anyone has experience, let me know please.
I transacted Rs. 900 for fuel last Thursday using BOB ENERGIE at HPCL petrol station, but I didn't get the reward points 144 RP, as reported in this group earlier also, BOB is not crediting points for genuine transactions also. I used only that petrol station that is in the list given by BOB (shared by @Abhishek012 ) in this forum only.

^ yep, its useless paid card, not sure how come NPCI too marketing this card :(
But since it's a 499 card, I am retaining this and will surrender my paid 750 Mastercard SELECT.

I got this BOB HPCL as additional card, have checked with offers on Amazon it was applied for 10% upto 50 on utility, while in Myntra it was rejected.

Card is accepted in android version of HP Pay, but not in iOS version. So complained to HPCL(through twitter as well in email), lets see the response. Another thing noticed is, using ICICI card, when i recharge for 3000, i used to get 90 and 60 payback points separately. But with this card, only 90 points received.
Ohk.

By the way Minimum transaction is Rs400 na ? to get 1% Fuel surcharge wavier and 24 rewards points ?

Also Reward Points will be credited within 60 days of eligible transaction.

Accelerated Reward Points of 10RP & 24RP per ₹150 is capped at maximum 1000 Reward Points each per statement. 1 Reward Point = ₹0.25.

*Eligible only for transactions made from the approved list of HPCL outlets and MIDs configured by HPCL with BFSL. HPCL and BFSL will be the final authority for any disputes regarding the accelerated reward points and fuel surcharge waiver or the approved list of outlets. HPCL and BFSL will have the final say for any such disputes.

Download HP Pay APP and Enjoy! - Joining benefit of 100 on first recharge transaction of min Rs1000. Additional 1.5% cashback per Rs100 as payback points on all fuel purchases through HP Pay App. I Payback Point = 0.25 paise.

Benefit offered by HPCL: Only applicable for HP Pay customers who’ve enrolled after 1st May 2022. Valid only once per card. Bonus will be updated in account within 72 hours of transaction. Joining benefit shall be credited in HP Pay wallet of customer.

@pprakash11
@anbarsn

Last edited:
Back