• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB LITE Debit Card charge

harshn

TF Buzz
Anyone knowing or having "BOB LITE" account pls confirm 🙏🏻🙏🏻 :
1. ISSUANCE (first time) CHARGES for debit card of BOB LITE account r being deducted or not ?
2. If yes , when deducted , just after opening account or after debit card received at address or when activated and debit card using ATM ?
3. Also If maintained QAB : 3000 , were ISSUANCE CHARGES still deducted ?

Pls consider & tell abt ISSUANCE CHARGES and not Annual Maintainence charges

4. In BOB LITE any variant virtual debit card cannot be generated ?
5. In BOB LITE , can we get any ither debit card with less fees like Rypay Classic ?
6.Does BOB offer UPI pin set without debit card option or not ?
7. How likely that in future it will offer setting UPI PIN via aadhaar ? (As all banks r already offering using Aadhaar)

Last edited:
I am confused even I got the confirmation from branch that it's not possible to convert and cannot open another bob lite
I will visit branch and confirm .
I was trying online but could not open . then their customer care called and said you can visit branch and open account .. he told i can book appointment for you if you want .

bob customer care team called and said you can visit any branch and open lite account .

For new customers only. I tried to open the same as I already have one account. After entering pan&aadhar it will show as "existing customer"

I also opened bob LITE through branch through tab but before opening they clearly asked and told me that if u r existing customer , u can't open this account .
Also when enquired through customer care they told if u close this(BOB LITE) account and open new one , new account cannot be in same scheme code i.e. SB196 for LITE account.
Also MITC of BOB LITE clearly states other scheme to BOB LITE not possible, Only BOB LITE to other scheme possible.

I also opened bob LITE through branch through tab but before opening they clearly asked and told me that if u r existing customer , u can't open this account .
Also when enquired through customer care they told if u close this(BOB LITE) account and open new one , new account cannot be in same scheme code i.e. SB196 for LITE account.
Also MITC of BOB LITE clearly states other scheme to BOB LITE not possible, Only BOB LITE to other scheme possible.
Don't depend too much on customer care. They earlier informed me that conversion to BOB LITE is possible. It's actually not possible. When I contacted them today, they informed me that I can open bob lite account apart from bob advantage account which is wrong

Do u have any other bob account before opening bob lite one?? Can we open bob lite once we closed the existing account??

I opened BOB Lite account without debit card and today I went to branch and applied for debit card. Now i see Visa variant in the BOB app. Shouldn't it be Rupay platinum card for this account?

Last edited:
Back