• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB LITE Debit Card charge

harshn

TF Buzz
Anyone knowing or having "BOB LITE" account pls confirm 🙏🏻🙏🏻 :
1. ISSUANCE (first time) CHARGES for debit card of BOB LITE account r being deducted or not ?
2. If yes , when deducted , just after opening account or after debit card received at address or when activated and debit card using ATM ?
3. Also If maintained QAB : 3000 , were ISSUANCE CHARGES still deducted ?

Pls consider & tell abt ISSUANCE CHARGES and not Annual Maintainence charges

4. In BOB LITE any variant virtual debit card cannot be generated ?
5. In BOB LITE , can we get any ither debit card with less fees like Rypay Classic ?
6.Does BOB offer UPI pin set without debit card option or not ?
7. How likely that in future it will offer setting UPI PIN via aadhaar ? (As all banks r already offering using Aadhaar)

Last edited:
I have a BOB Digital Silver account.
With virtual Visa debit card, Zero balance account.
My brother has a BOB Lite Savings account With Rupay platinum debit card.

As I'm an Existing account holder, BOB didn't allow me to open the Lite Savings account with video kyc. But they told me I can open the account from nearest branch.

Now let's discuss about the Lite account.
They provided the Rupay platinum debit card without any issuance fees, and according to them if we maintain ₹3000 quarterly avg balance then the Debit card charges will be nil.

Also the virtual card will show in the app, but we will not able to take any other virtual card in the app. They will provide just the physical card in the form of virtual card.

Also as far as I know they are just providing the Rupay Platinum Debit card as of now.

Also we can generate upi pin via aadhaar verification but you don't need that as the virtual card will available within few minutes after the account opening, so you can easily create upi pin via card details.

And lastly as far as I know that BOB didn't upgrade account, you have to open a fresh account.

As I'm an Existing account holder, BOB didn't allow me to open the Lite Savings account with video kyc. But they told me I can open the account from nearest branch.

They provided the Rupay platinum debit card without any issuance fees, and according to them if we maintain ₹3000 quarterly avg balance then the Debit card charges will be nil.

Also the virtual card will show in the app, but we will not able to take any other virtual card in the app. They will provide just the physical card in the form of virtual card.

Also as far as I know they are just providing the Rupay Platinum Debit card as of now.

Also we can generate upi pin via aadhaar verification but you don't need that as the virtual card will available within few minutes after the account opening, so you can easily create upi pin via card details.

And lastly as far as I know that BOB didn't upgrade account, you have to open a fresh account.
Have you visited the branch already? May I know who provided these information - branch or customer care ?

fact of digital card i know
before activating physical card if we get digital one then the same will be issued in physical

BOB B3 accounts are useless.

you can keep 1 physical rpdc and 1 virtual rpdc in BOB LITE. There is absolutely no compulsion to convert the virtual card to physical card. Both can be separately obtained.

Upi pin generation via aadhar in BOB is currently not available.

true.

BOB does indeed allow the upgradation of accounts. But B3 holders can't avail this feature and also no account holder can change their scheme to BOB Lite Scheme.

Can we open bob lite account if we already hold an bob advantage savings account by visiting branch?

BOB does indeed allow the upgradation of accounts. But B3 holders can't avail this feature and also no account holder can change their scheme to BOB Lite Scheme
Okay then it's my bad, Although I have seen the upgrade option some where in the app I guess but It never worked also I got the same reply from customer care and branch, that they don't upgrade, so it's kind of misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Actually when I opened the account B3 was the only option for a zero balance account with video kyc option. So I took that.

But when they launched the Lite account, I suggested that to my brother, even I was thinking to open the account from branch but never happened due to laziness.
I tried it via online. While opening the bob lite we need to tick some column like we are not a bob existing customer. But I tick that (even I have one account with bob). After entering pan card and aadhar number it shows that existing customer error in the page. Not possible to open bob lite via online if we already have 1 account. What about offline?

I tried it via online. While opening the bob lite we need to tick some column like we are not a bob existing customer. But I tick that (even I have one account with bob). After entering pan card and aadhar number it shows that existing customer error in the page. Not possible to open bob lite via online if we already have 1 account. What about offline?
offline also not possible they wont allow 2 accounts
u can take sb and current they may allow

offline also not possible they wont allow 2 accounts
u can take sb and current they may allow
Also I talked with them over call, they also told me the same. I just have to visit branch, online account opening is not possible for existing customers as we know already.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-27-20-56-19-90_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-27-20-56-19-90_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.webp
    354.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2024-07-27-20-56-49-00_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-27-20-56-49-00_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.webp
    392.1 KB · Views: 10
I also opened bob LITE through branch through tab but before opening they clearly asked and told me that if u r existing customer , u can't open this account .
Also when enquired through customer care they told if u close this(BOB LITE) account and open new one , new account cannot be in same scheme code i.e. SB196 for LITE account.
Also MITC of BOB LITE clearly states other scheme to BOB LITE not possible, Only BOB LITE to other scheme possible.
I got a piece of information from branch manager regarding bob lite account. I got a call from bob regarding the complaint which I raised regarding bob BPCL Rupay platinum debit card offers not received concern. They reversed both annual fee and issuance fee. Coming to the point.
1) When I asked about the opening of bob after closing the current sb account, he informed me that currently it may not be possible anymore as the customer id will exist for ever even if we closed the account to open bob lite. But wonder how the customer opened bob by closing their current sb account as shared by a TF member here.
2) There is some hidden t&c as mentioned by manager as the card will be free upto the expiry date of the same. And if the card has been lost, then most of the customers not able to issue the card again .
These are the issues which customer are facing now as informed by the manager and confirmed by zonal team also.

Back