• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB LITE Debit Card charge

harshn

TF Buzz
Anyone knowing or having "BOB LITE" account pls confirm 🙏🏻🙏🏻 :
1. ISSUANCE (first time) CHARGES for debit card of BOB LITE account r being deducted or not ?
2. If yes , when deducted , just after opening account or after debit card received at address or when activated and debit card using ATM ?
3. Also If maintained QAB : 3000 , were ISSUANCE CHARGES still deducted ?

Pls consider & tell abt ISSUANCE CHARGES and not Annual Maintainence charges

4. In BOB LITE any variant virtual debit card cannot be generated ?
5. In BOB LITE , can we get any ither debit card with less fees like Rypay Classic ?
6.Does BOB offer UPI pin set without debit card option or not ?
7. How likely that in future it will offer setting UPI PIN via aadhaar ? (As all banks r already offering using Aadhaar)

Last edited:
May be bro. I don't know. I think there are TF member who closed the account and open bob lite. Don't know how. But customer id will exist for ever in banking system
See suppose you go tommrow to bob and say I want to open a radiance account (Top account of BOB), then see the magic. they will somehow find a way to open your account. So muddle ki baat yehi hai ki sab possible hai.

See suppose you go tommrow to bob and say I want to open a radiance account (Top account of BOB), then see the magic. they will somehow find a way to open your account. So muddle ki baat yehi hai ki sab possible hai.
But isn't this restriction applicable to BOB Lite savings account only as it is for NTB (New to Bank) customers only? I don't think any bank would prevent any customer from opening a regular savings account (With no NTB restriction) if they want to open one again and don't have another active savings account.

But isn't this restriction applicable to BOB Lite savings account only as it is for NTB (New to Bank) customers only?
1722690056975.webp

Things are not cleared by the bank that if only NTB customers can open it or existing ones can also open it.

If anyone is a ETB and want to open a BOB Lite account better file a online RTI and seek clarification on it. It will cost 10rs. Why RTI? It is because normal mailing wont work in BOB.

Last edited:
But isn't this restriction applicable to BOB Lite savings account only as it is for NTB (New to Bank) customers only? I don't think any bank would prevent any customer from opening a regular savings account (With no NTB restriction) if they want to open one again and don't have another active savings account.
Exactly bro. U r right

I am talking about the current sb account closed to open another bob lite account. Not talking about the same account to be re-opened
I know what you were referring to. Before opening an account, a Customer Identification Number (CIF) is created in the bank's Core Banking System (CBS). The CBS (Finacle in their case) keeps track of every active account, closed account, FDs, loans, and other banking products against your CIF, and the data is stored for at least 10 years.

Bank of Baroda might have a policy in their CBS for the BOB Lite scheme that requires the CIF to have no linked accounts—whether open or closed—when opening a new account.

Unless BOB changes this policy, you won't be able to open the account. You should escalate the issue through the appropriate channels to resolve this.

Last edited:
I know what you were referring to. Before opening an account, a Customer Identification Number (CIF) is created in the bank's Core Banking System (CBS). The CBS (Finacle in their case) keeps track of every active account, closed account, FDs, loans, and other banking products against your CIF, and the data is stored for at least 10 years.

Bank of Baroda might have a policy in their CBS for the BOB Lite scheme that requires the CIF to have no linked accounts—whether open or closed—when opening a new account.

Unless BOB changes this policy, you won't be able to open the account. You should escalate the issue through the appropriate channels to resolve this.
Bob backend system are very pathetic. Anyway thanks for the info bro. Did you notice that a member here informed that he closed his account and open the bob lite??

View attachment 63743

Things are not cleared by the bank that if only NTB customers can open it or existing ones can also open it.

If anyone is a ETB and want to open a BOB Lite account better file a online RTI and seek clarification on it. It will cost 10rs. Why RTI? It is because normal mailing wont work in BOB.
U r right bro. Now only I noticed that for all accounts like BRO,LITE, SUPER SAVINGS, ADVANTAGE they are asking to tick the column like "i am not an existing customer". So initially I thought that the option is only coming under lite account, but not . And not mentioned anymore else that it's only for NTB customers

Back