• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BoB Masterstroke Savings account | LTF VISA Opulence Debit card (Metal) | LTF VISA Eterna Credit card

credible65

TF Buzz
Contributor
VIP Lounge

bob Masterstroke Saving Bank Account targeted for HNIs​

https://www.bankofbaroda.in/persona...accounts/bob-masterstroke-saving-bank-account.

Criteria:
10L QAB or 5L QAB + 10L TD required.

From BoB website:

SrQABTDCharges Applicable (Y/N)Amount
1.>= Rs 10.00 lacsNot RequiredNNA
2.>=Rs 5.00 lakhs < Rs. 10.00 lakhs>= Rs. 10.00 lakhsNNA
3.>=Rs 5.00 lakhs < Rs. 10.00 lakhs< Rs. 10.00 lakhsYRs. 1,500=GST (50% of Charges)
4.<Rs 5.00 lakhsNot ApplicableYRs. 3,000+ GST (100% of Charges)

Card Benefits:
LTF VISA Opulence Debit card Metal Edition.
LTF VISA Eterna Credit card.

Other Benefits:
  • 100% discount on annual locker charges
  • 100% waiver of Processing Charges on Retail Loans
  • Up to 0.25% concession in Interest Rates of Retail Loans
  • 100% waiver on demat AMC charges
  • Reduced Forex Markup
  • Unlimited NEFT/RTGS/IMPS, UL Cheque books

So if anyone is specifically looking for above two debit/credit cards, this might be the best savings account for them.

Last edited:
Is it LTF even if we do not maintain QAB??
Not sure as it's a new product. But looking at the below line from MITC in the website they can withdraw the LTF status.

If the balance remains below the benchmark level continuously for 3 months, the Bank may transfer this account to a normal savings bank account and shall recover the charges. All the facilities of bob Masterstroke Savings Bank Account will be withdrawn.

I’m currently having a fd of 15L in bob … profile section shows you’re a rise customer.. how to upgrade the account variant to this one ? Or is this applicable for new customers ?

Weird that masterstroke account has better benefits than Radiance(highest tier) e.g. 100% waiver on locker, better debit card, begs the question why would anyone stay in Radiance Program rather than this when the requirement is less by 20l, @SSV any chance you can get more clarity on the above from your rm, Thanks.

What is use of this? Bundled products are bad because they hide some of poor product features. BOB saving interest is 3%. If someone wants to keep 10lacs, better to go for IDFC wealth banking DC. Saving interest is 7% above 5lacs. And DC is best as on date. Credit card LTF - it is good but not great card. Fee waiver is easily available so not much value of LTF either. All other benefits are available with most wealth programs for 10lacs either IDFC or Indusind pioneer with higher saving interest on 10lacs balance.

Weird that masterstroke account has better benefits than Radiance(highest tier) e.g. 100% waiver on locker, better debit card, begs the question why would anyone stay in Radiance Program rather than this when the requirement is less by 20l, @SSV any chance you can get more clarity on the above from your rm, Thanks.
Exactly, whats the difference between masterstroke and radiance then. seems better to go with Masterstroke if anyone wants to .

I’m currently having a fd of 15L in bob … profile section shows you’re a rise customer.. how to upgrade the account variant to this one ? Or is this applicable for new customers ?
Why do you keep FD in 15 L? May I know the reason and benefits you get from the bank? 5L is maximum insurance cover for bank. I don't think it is a wise decision.

What is use of this? Bundled products are bad because they hide some of poor product features. BOB saving interest is 3%. If someone wants to keep 10lacs, better to go for IDFC wealth banking DC. Saving interest is 7% above 5lacs. And DC is best as on date. Credit card LTF - it is good but not great card. Fee waiver is easily available so not much value of LTF either. All other benefits are available with most wealth programs for 10lacs either IDFC or Indusind pioneer with higher saving interest on 10lacs balance.
Keeping money in savings account 5L and above is very risk. I have IDFC Wealth Credit card and IDFC Visa Infinite Debit card. Only I have 25K FD.

my parents account has good amount of fd in bob.. but they need savings account balance for this account.
If I am keeping 10L in savings.. I am at least loosing minimum of 4% a year in comparison to fd.. that means i am paying 40k yearly maintenance charges for this account.. which is too much..

Keeping money in savings account 5L and above is very risk. I have IDFC Wealth Credit card and IDFC Visa Infinite Debit card. Only I have 25K FD.
After first 5L, one can keep another 5L in joint FD and it is again insured separately (joint FD owner can claim it). A third joint FD with another person and again another 5L is insured.

Anyway BOB's Term Deposit rates are not good so it doesn't make sense. If it was IDFC or IndusInd, it was a no-brainer to create lakhs of FDs.

Last edited:
After first 5L, one can keep another 5L in joint FD and it is again insured separately (joint FD owner can claim it). A third joint FD with another person and again another 5L is insured.

Anyway BOB's Term Deposit rates are not good so it doesn't make sense. If it was IDFC or IndusInd, it was a no-brainer to create lakhs of FDs.
Do you realize that black-colored text is not visible in the dark theme, yet you always write in black?

Back