• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Canara bank offline account opening for select Debit card

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Branch was fairly new (1-2 year old )

1- asked about account opening was referred to another counter for account opening form
2- person asked about local address ( my permanent is 30kms away)
3 - filled form basic details ( 2 picture+ Sign + basic details) went to 3rd person
He opened via tab
(2 OTP required - one from canara bank
One of aadhar OTP )
4 - applied rupay select dc ( he asked 1100 lagega sir 🤣) he applied while filling application

5- got account number+ downloaded app & asked for account verification code from the employee which they generated & sent on account & viola account is activated+ mobile Banking

Over-all --- account opening was so smooth everything happened in 10 minutes with minimum words exchanged

Mab - 1k
Dc charges - 1180 ukik

Waiting for welcome kit

To clear all doubt

Today in 2nd quarter I have redmeed
1- spa
2- gym
3- cab
4- health ( didn't reddem but its there )

So there is now no question either it's quarterly or not in Canara Bank

I have rupay platinum from canara which I requested for Amazon load (500*100 discount) now they charged 590 including Gst but somehow I got ask to reverse the charges and surprised that they reversed the charges for dc, but canara even charges if I want to block/cancel a debit card, now can I get this select debit card as this is fyf and before one year can I close without paying for the annual charges?
or any other bank I can open at home without visiting branch and get this select dc for free or about 500/year?

I have rupay platinum from canara which I requested for Amazon load (500*100 discount) now they charged 590 including Gst but somehow I got ask to reverse the charges and surprised that they reversed the charges for dc, but canara even charges if I want to block/cancel a debit card, now can I get this select debit card as this is fyf and before one year can I close without paying for the annual charges?
or any other bank I can open at home without visiting branch and get this select dc for free or about 500/year?
Depends on your budget bro or amb u want to maintain

Then canara bank account at 20k is free dc
Open jana with 3 lakh & maintain 10k for lip service
It has nil non maintenance charges+ free dc
Bob you can open at 20k for dc too
I already have an account with canara and I think the Mab is 1k so can I convert online this 1k to 20k ?
For jana initial funding is 3L nd rest I can maintain 10k only as per website no maintenance charges but if they deduct any charges in the future than what?
Already have an bob 3k MAB account can I upgrade it fo 20k MAB account?

I already have an account with canara and I think the Mab is 1k so can I convert online this 1k to 20k ?
For jana initial funding is 3L nd rest I can maintain 10k only as per website no maintenance charges but if they deduct any charges in the future than what?
Already have an bob 3k MAB account can I upgrade it fo 20k MAB account?
Unless downgraded they can't charge so it doesn't matter even if you keep zero

For canara
Talk to branch. Either they will convert or open new account

No idea about Bob

Mab - 1k
Dc charges - 1180 ukik
Is the 1180 one time or annual fees?

Open Angel account for any female person age 18-69
  • QAB: 5000
  • Rupay Platinum DC - LTF (1 domestic lounge access per quarter and 2 international lounge access per year)

Last edited:
Back