• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CASHBACK earned in FY 2023-24

well I chart all my expenses and cashbacks on Tally...
earlier used it for business but its handy for keeping eye on personal expenses too....
Same here. Been doing it since 2010 for all my expenses/incomes and accounts. Now have records of last 15 years at one place.

Riya

TF Ace
4.5L (Aprrox)

I spent around 90L this year (B spends) on around 15 cards (My family only). Earned around 5% (4.5L) including debit card cashbacks. i prefer vouchers over cashback, vouchers can help save tax.

I paid 1800/- after Joining & Renewal vouchers (Gst component on some) total Joining & renewal fees only this year, met spend criteria on all my cards.

if i count instant discount also, the tally would be somewhere around 8-9% atleast.
Fantastic . .

Got 5% + cash back or 10%+ discount on almost all online spends, maximizing rewards by using Cashkaro and Earnkaro app. For offline transaction, I am getting only around 2% back. Will try to maximize rewards on offline spends by using physical gift cards.
Apart from discount, got around 1 lakh worth cash back, free movie tickets and Eazydiner discounts.

Last edited:

msankadi

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
well its quite difficult to track returns with multiple cards on hand....
Good Will Hunting Not Your Fault GIF
ios user spotted with no access to smart apps it seems 😜

msankadi

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
How is it any easier to do on android?
I have sms organizer which is a microsoft app on android... It uses sms and it auto populates your finances based on that... There are many other good reputed apps like axio that do it... At end of the year or whenever you please you can just export the summary to a spreadsheet to give you all expenses for that period broken by account or card

As with all things on all phones according to me you're as secure as security steps you've taken to guard yourself. Similarly there are countless neferious apps that will try to misuse your sms.

Here is the first video that came up on youtube to show you the functionality as you might not understand how useful and automated it is till you use it. Feel free to find a better demo as this one seems low quality

Riya Sharma

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have sms organizer which is a microsoft app on android... It uses sms and it auto populates your finances based on that... There are many other good reputed apps like axio that do it... At end of the year or whenever you please you can just export the summary to a spreadsheet to give you all expenses for that period broken by account or card

As with all things on all phones according to me you're as secure as security steps you've taken to guard yourself. Similarly there are countless neferious apps that will try to misuse your sms.

Here is the first video that came up on youtube to show you the functionality as you might not understand how useful and automated it is till you use it. Feel free to find a better demo as this one seems low quality

Your method of using microsoft sms organizer seems cool but I would definitely not trust a BNPL Company like Axio with my messages.

But personally if your spends are under 10 lakhs a year and concentrated in under 3-4 cards you could simply take out an hour or two at the end of a year to sit down and go through all of your statements to see your rewards.

msankadi

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Your method of using microsoft sms organizer seems cool but I would definitely not trust a BNPL Company like Axio with my messages.

But personally if your spends are under 10 lakhs a year and concentrated in under 3-4 cards you could simply take out an hour or two at the end of a year to sit down and go through all of your statements to see your rewards.
Yes definitely I don't use that app as I don't need it. I just use the sms organizer. As always the beauty of android is that you can choose the level of functionality and trade off between your risk tolerance vs functionality.