• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RajS

TF Premier
Dear Valued Cardholder,

Greetings from HDFC Bank!

We want to inform you about an upcoming change to your Tata Neu Infinity HDFC Bank Credit Card (ending in xxxxxx) regarding NeuCoins earned on UPI transactions.

New Changes Effective from 01-08-2024:

• 1.5 % back as NeuCoins on eligible UPI transactions made using your Tata Neu UPI ID.
  • 0.50 % back as NeuCoins on other eligible UPI ID transactions.
  • Total NeuCoins earned on eligible UPI transactions capped to 500 NeuCoins per calendar month.
Please Note: NeuCoins earned before 01-08-2024 are secure and will not be affected.

saihari7218

TF Buzz
Yes received the same on Infinity card. Tata Neu Plus holders also received??
Yes

Dear Valued Cardholder,

We want to inform you about an upcoming change to your Tata Neu Plus HDFC Bank Credit Card (ending in xx) regarding NeuCoins earned on UPI transactions.

1% back as NeuCoins on eligible UPI transactions made using your Tata Neu UPI ID.

0.25% back as NeuCoins on other eligible UPI ID transactions.

Total NeuCoins earned on eligible UPI transactions capped to 500 NeuCoins per calendar month.

Please Note: NeuCoins earned before 01-08-2024 are secure and wi
ll not be affected.

bigbyte

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Tata Neu shall make a dedicated app for financial app and UPI transactions, Tata Pay.

They anyway have BigBasket, 1 mg, Cliq and zillion other apps. One more app won't hurt and simplify the interface as well.

er3shivam

TF Buzz
Dear Valued Cardholder,

We want to inform you about an upcoming change to your Tata Neu Infinity HDFC Bank Credit Card (ending in xxxxxx) regarding NeuCoins earned on UPI transactions.

• 1.5 % back as NeuCoins on eligible UPI transactions made using your Tata Neu UPI ID.
  • Total NeuCoins earned on eligible UPI transactions capped to 500 NeuCoins per calendar month.
Please Note: NeuCoins earned before 01-08-2024 are secure and will not be affected.

After requiring enough credit card customers, all these banks to devaluations. This is very common. Nowadays we as a customer have to be very careful on the card we are applying for.

I am worried that the credit card market and benefits that comes along with it will slowly degrade and vanish.

mshenoy

TF Select
Tata Neu shall make a dedicated app for financial app and UPI transactions, Tata Pay.

They anyway have BigBasket, 1 mg, Cliq and zillion other apps. One more app won't hurt and simplify the interface as well.
Their goal probably was to make everything app using tata neu. I don't think now they'll launch another app by going against this.

MJN

TF Premier
Ha ha..

Just converted.. Mailed on 4 days back.. Today got the below mail

Based on receipt of your e-mail, we wish to inform you that we have converted your existing HDFC Bank Tata Neu Infinity - Rupay Credit Card ending **** to a lifetime free card. Going forward, no membership fee will be levied on the card account.

MJN

TF Premier
DEVALUATION:

LTF CONVERSION:
Based on receipt of your e-mail, we wish to inform you that we have converted your existing HDFC Bank Tata Neu Infinity - Rupay Credit Card ending **** to a lifetime free card. Going forward, no membership fee will be levied on the card account.

I would have closed this card if I would have got the devaluation mail some days back;

Now it's LTF; What to do?

Which card I should close now if I need to be in Road for Infinia?

HDFC REGALIA RUPAY LTF (NOT USED FROM JAN'24)
HDFC IOCL RUPAY LTF ( USING RS 3000 ON IOCL)
HDFC TATA NEU INFINITY RUPAY LTF ( WAS USING FOR UPI,WILL NOT USE IN TATA NEU APP as I get good fire cashback on Slice)

rogerthat

TF Ace
Lololol I expected this and had cancelled my Tata Neu Infinity card when it came up for renewal. I realised that I would never even earn back the annual fees for the card. But even without it devaluation, the entire Tata Neu super app ecosystem makes little sense.

Neu Coins are inherently overvalued because mostly everything on TataNeu is overpriced. You can get everything on the Tata Neu app cheaper elsewhere. Well most of the time whatever I require is out of stock too. For instance, BigBasket vouchers are nearly always available at a discount. By locking yourselves into the Tata ecosystem you are forgoing good discounts through other channels.

The Tata Neu app is probably the worst app I have used in a long time. It is buggy, slow, heavy, glitchy and the UX is a nightmare. They have some audacity to ask us to use it for UPI payments. You can make 10 payment on GPay by the time it even loads up.

And let us not even mention the convoluted mess that that is the point calcuation. it is impossible to get the reasoning behind how the points are calculated. You would need three supercomputers and five mendats to make sense of how the entire system of interconnected discounts, rewards, codes and coins work. There entire ecosystem has no transparency at all. I would stick to Amazon any day where everything is clearly laid out before you.

So Tata decided to just kill the card by making things even more convoluted and messy. Good riddance is all that I can say.

I still use UPI credit card through KIWI. Paying from here earns 1% points (1 point = 0.25). Again 1% Neo Coins were available on credit cards. A total discount of 1.25% was available. Now .25 points dropped.

hellobois

TF Ace
Apne pass to LTF Tata Neu Infinity hai. Esliye gali ni de rha. Tata wale acche log hain, seh lenge thoda ....
Enki app bilkul lull hai ...
Paise fas jayenge. Koi aur alternative dekhna padega.
SBI simply save bhi hai, usko bhi LTF karwana hai ...

msankadi

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am worried that the credit card market and benefits that comes along with it will slowly degrade and vanish.
No I work for the US credit card industry for past 20 years....which in many ways is much more mature then our credit market and we can assume parallels as to the current us market vs indian market in next 20 years...there are good perks and miles(not very high discounts) for super prem customers...in many cases quality of the perks is much better than we have here...

so imo I dont think they will vanish...they will change to be more top heavy and different way to realize value instead of money

hellobois

TF Ace
I
No I work for the US credit card industry for past 20 years....which in many ways is much more mature then our credit market and we can assume parallels as to the current us market vs indian market in next 20 years...there are good perks and miles(not very high discounts) for super prem customers...in many cases quality of the perks is much better than we have here...

so imo I dont think they will vanish...they will change to be more top heavy and different way to realize value instead of money
I can feel the benefits in US just by looking at the services of Amex in India.
Top class customer service and best reward for rich customers 😀 😀

saihari7218

TF Buzz
Ha ha..

Just converted.. Mailed on 4 days back.. Today got the below mail

How did you make it ltf