• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RajS

TF Premier
Dear Valued Cardholder,

Greetings from HDFC Bank!

We want to inform you about an upcoming change to your Tata Neu Infinity HDFC Bank Credit Card (ending in xxxxxx) regarding NeuCoins earned on UPI transactions.

New Changes Effective from 01-08-2024:

• 1.5 % back as NeuCoins on eligible UPI transactions made using your Tata Neu UPI ID.
  • 0.50 % back as NeuCoins on other eligible UPI ID transactions.
  • Total NeuCoins earned on eligible UPI transactions capped to 500 NeuCoins per calendar month.
Please Note: NeuCoins earned before 01-08-2024 are secure and will not be affected.

Sriim

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ha ha..

Just converted.. Mailed on 4 days back.. Today got the below mail

Based on receipt of your e-mail, we wish to inform you that we have converted your existing HDFC Bank Tata Neu Infinity - Rupay Credit Card ending **** to a lifetime free card. Going forward, no membership fee will be levied on the card account.
Which mail id did you send mail to? I sent to tataneucardsupport@hdfcbank.com after spending 4L in 9 months but was rejected

anonymuos

TF Ace
I would even use the HORRIBLE Neu app despite its slowness and terrible UI but it fails for certain QRs and certain amounts, same payment to same QR goes thru Kiwi, BHIM or GPay instantly. HDFC and Tata just killed one of their best cards by forcing the Neu app. I will file so many complaints to NPCI about Neu app payments failing that they will ban them or penalize them or will be forced to improve failing payments at least. Overwhelming NPCI with complaints about an exceptionally bad and unreliable implementation of UPI - Tata Neu - is the only way to force them to improve.

suhasa010

TF Premier
It's not exactly a devaluation though. It's a chindi strategy to increase user base of their Tata Neu app. For me CRED was the go to UPI app as, 1. It was fast, 2. It gave 1-2 rupees cashback for Rupay UPI transactions, so double dip. Maybe upto 100-200 transactions I'll still use CRED and over that will use Tata Neu app.
I would even use the HORRIBLE Neu app despite its slowness and terrible UI but it fails for certain QRs and certain amounts, same payment to same QR goes thru Kiwi, BHIM or GPay instantly. HDFC and Tata just killed one of their best cards by forcing the Neu app. I will file so many complaints to NPCI about Neu app payments failing that they will ban them or penalize them or will be forced to improve failing payments at least. Overwhelming NPCI with complaints about an exceptionally bad and unreliable implementation of UPI - Tata Neu - is the only way to force them to improve.
I emailed Tata Neu customer care protesting the changes. I don't think it matters anyway. They are going to do what they want to do.

rrsji

TF Premier
devaluation saga
sSomeone please create a comprehensive list of all devaluations that have occurred this year for all cards. I want to see which bank has made the most changes.

Frankly, I don't understand how is it being devalued apart from switching UPI payments from all other platforms to Tata Neu app!
What was the previous reward strategy? Perhaps I'm missing something
Earlier you could use apps like KIWI or Cred to use the same Hdfc Rupay card payment. You get cashback on Cred or Kiwi coins along with usual 1.5% cashback on HDFC