• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Citi Prestige to Axis Olympus (New Launch)

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
The three night stay program is a sham. The eligible properties for this offer are mostly local unheard of names and most chain hotels are excluded. Unlike in Citi 4 night program where you could book any hotel of your choice.

Also redemption is a pain as you need to send multiple e-mails to book and they don’t give you a coupon until you pass their test of fire. ( you need to take a screenshot of the hotel you want to book and they will send you payment link with coupon code and not give you coupon directly for you to use like in the past)
When I called concierge to know the process, they told me that I need to give them a hotel name which they will verify on hotels.com B2B website and then share a code for me to book it directly on hotels.com

My plan changed so didn't try it

Search on Google hotels and you will find all the OTAs undercutting each other and usually Agoda works out the cheapest for foreign hotels and Goibibo for Indian hotels.

If you go directly to Agoda or Goibibo you will not get the best price.
you have to go through Google hotels to get the benefit of them undercutting each other!

The hotel in Lonavla could not match the rate I found on Goibibo through Google hotels.

Yep, that’s definitely possible, but it’s always best to check direct rates and even ask the hotel to match the OTA if the OTA has a lower price.

Hotels have an incentive to save the 20% commission and extend you soft benefits like late check out etc. At the least it’ll help you avoid the worst rooms in the hotel.

I just dislike blanket statements from some that OTAs always have the cheapest rates.

Yep, that’s definitely possible, but it’s always best to check direct rates and even ask the hotel to match the OTA if the OTA has a lower price.

Hotels have an incentive to save the 20% commission and extend you soft benefits like late check out etc. At the least it’ll help you avoid the worst rooms in the hotel.

I just dislike blanket statements from some that OTAs always have the cheapest rates.
I ask the hotel, but they cannot match the price.
Probably subsidized by credit cards

I ask the hotel, but they cannot match the price.
Probably subsidized by credit cards
Yes in many cases same happens. Last time I checked in at Radisson City centre Chennai 2N from MMT for around 8K per night and had to extend one more night but was sold out on MMT and hotel quoted me 23K for a night which is almost 3X.

Whats the benefit of matching the price? I would rather book from OTAs only then right?

Direct calling hotel and booking should be cheaper than OTAs ideally. Only then I would book

Whats the benefit of matching the price? I would rather book from OTAs only then right?

Direct calling hotel and booking should be cheaper than OTAs ideally. Only then I would book
The obvious benefits are loyalty points and elite night credits with chain hotels like Marriott. But the biggest benefits in my opinion are early check in or late checkout. It helps if you have elite status, but even if not, it’s easier to get it unless the hotel is full of elite members that day.
The intangible benefit (chain or independent hotels) is that you avoid the worst rooms when booking direct. You also get prioritised when there are issues like aircon not working or you need a cot bed or any such small requests.
Think from a hotel operator perspective. You have a customer who pays 100% fare (direct). You have another who booked through OTA and you only get 80%. Whom will you prioritise? Many hotels also can easily refuse your requests saying your contract is with OTA, not with hotel. That is legal and you can do nothing about it.
If you have a family and kids, the last thing you need to be doing is arguing and shouting at hotel staff when things go wrong.

And I haven’t even mentioned about upgrades. If a hotel is close to full capacity in base rooms, but premium rooms have availability, they are more likely to upgrade some customers. Why would they upgrade those from whom they receive just 80% of the fare?

What will happen if we apply add on for newly migrated Citi Prestige -> Axis Olympus?? Will they send the existing Citi Branded one or new Axis Olympus card?? As the Axis Olympus Primary card is not yet shipped.
They will give you a free add on of Axis Olympus card

Olympus is not available to the common man. Only a few special VIPs like you have got it, due to having the best Citibank card.
😂 it will be soon available. My question is as Axis has not replaced existing CITI Prestige with Olympus yet and we are still using the existing CITI Cards, how will Axis manage to give Axis branded card for Add on member..?

😂 it will be soon available. My question is as Axis has not replaced existing CITI Prestige with Olympus yet and we are still using the existing CITI Cards, how will Axis manage to give Axis branded card for Add on member..?
FYI. I blocked mine and applied for replacement. Got it in 3-4 working days. They are not taking applications for add ons for any axis card is what cc informed.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back