• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closing LTF HDFC Tata Neu Card to get core HDFC Card.

Amit_

TF Select
I am closing LTF Tata Neu Plus Card to get HDFC Bank core card. I have some queries....

1. After closing the card, will my neu coins expire or should i use neu coins before closing the card?

2. After raising card closure request, how much time should I wait to apply for core card?

3. Which card may i get LTF on C2C basis? I have ICICI coral with 4.5 Lakh limit & AU Card with 6 Lakh limit. Mostly i do online shopping on Flipkart & Amazon. Which card will be better for me?

Solution
  1. Closing card shouldn't affect neucoins
  2. 0-90d
  3. Regalia/millennia
Alternatively you can ask hdfc to upgrade to core card - they'll upgrade to core card easily depending on your negotiation skill
@maneesh @LimaT I also mailed them for upgrading my swiggy card to Millenia card, but in my case they only asked for last 4 digit of card and cibil enquiry consent and no upgrade form.. did they ask in your case for cibil enquiry consent?

Update.

I was first offered hdfc millenia as upgrade to existing tata neu plus having 2 L limit. But they were not ready to enhance limit. Card is exactly 1 year old.

So i asked them to close the card. Got call couple of days back about sending income documents to pno for review & upgrade.

I sent the documents on same day, this time requested for tata neu infinity as upgrade & limit enhancement. I don't think core card for me is much useful as infinia is not my target in future. Tata neu infinity will be good enough for me. Plus it is eligible for all offers.

Got email yesterday that they have reviewed my account & ready to enhance limit to 4 L & upgrade to tata neu infinity. Card will be FYF.

I need to give consent to increase limit, cibil check, point related thing & card last 4 digit by return mail. I replied back to them giving my consent and accepting all terms.

Will keep updating this.

Update.

I was first offered hdfc millenia as upgrade to existing tata neu plus having 2 L limit. But they were not ready to enhance limit. Card is exactly 1 year old.

So i asked them to close the card. Got call couple of days back about sending income documents to pno for review & upgrade.

I sent the documents on same day, this time requested for tata neu infinity as upgrade & limit enhancement. I don't think core card for me is much useful as infinia is not my target in future. Tata neu infinity will be good enough for me. Plus it is eligible for all offers.

Got email yesterday that they have reviewed my account & ready to enhance limit to 4 L & upgrade to tata neu infinity. Card will be FYF.

I need to give consent to increase limit, cibil check, point related thing & card last 4 digit by return mail. I replied back to them giving my consent and accepting all terms.

Will keep updating this.
Congratulations! Your card should be approved. 👍

Wow. Let's see what card I will get.
I think you will get Millennia for sure. For me the limit was low, so agreed for Moneyback+. I have specifically mentioned in my consent email. Still they issued business money back 🥲. Card is visible on HDFC app now, but I didn't agree for this, so I will never accept it. 🙂

Back