• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card for Gold Jewellery purchases on different outlets.

Raghav2006

TF Select
Hello everyone,
As the gold price has fallen this week, my family is thinking of buying some gold jewelry from either Tanishq or PCJ. The total purchases might go north of 2lacs.
I already know about Tata Neu card and have that and wanted to know if any other good credit card is there to get for this purchase (not Amex), direct cashback or amazon/flipkart/tanishq/pcj GV is preferred, which I can acquire in tier 2/3 as well.
The credit might be used to buy gold from Local gold merchants in NCR region as well.
Also, if it's in anyone's knowledge, which one out of PCJ and Tanishq charges less making on gold jewelry, and are negotiations done?
Please do let me know, thanks.

Last edited:
Both the cards give 5% CB when the Merchant name is " Amazon India Pvt Ltd".
Don't buy GV directly swipe Tata Neu Plus/Infinity or Apay Card for CB
Or Get the SBI CB and Buy a few 5K gift cards from park + at 6.9%"(2% instant + 5%CB SBI CB)

Apay or Amex but Amex has an acceptability issue offline.
Get Pineperks Rupay 10K cards from Amazon use them offline and enjoy 5% CB offline
Amex isnt available at my place, so left that option.
Tried buying GV from amazon, but merchant name is only Amazon.

Thinking of trying out SBI Cashback, can you please tell me where to buy tanishq gold jewellery vouchers from, preferred denomination is atleast 50k or custom amount.

PCJ Gold Jewellery GV 2.75% instant discount + 5%CB
PCJ Diamond GV 5.75% instant + 5% CB
Tanishq GV 2.1% instant + 5% CB
Amazon Pay ICICI for 1%
Otherwise use milestone-based cards
With which card do u get 5% CB? Tata Neu Infinity gives 5% CB in the form coins. But 5% CB on PCJ??

Thinking of trying out SBI Cashback, can you please tell me where to buy tanishq gold jewellery vouchers from, preferred denomination is atleast 50k or custom amount.
No, 50K domination is available maximum I saw was 5K mostly someplace 10K at a time except Amazon and Gyftr.
Just Swipe your Apay card don't think so much or HDFC card. The neu coins you earn buy something with that next month or you have at least 1 yr to use them.

No, 50K domination is available maximum I saw was 5K mostly someplace 10K at a time except Amazon and Gyftr.
Just Swipe your Apay card don't think so much or HDFC card. The neu coins you earn buy something with that next month or you have at least 1 yr to use them.
Ok then going for HDFC card, currently I have plus 2Lacs LTF.
Emailing them right away to upgrade limit and Infinity ltf.
Can you please tell me where should I email them.

Emailed this to both of their IDs
Respected sir or madam,
I currently hold HDFC Tata Neu Plus credit card LTF ending
I request you to please upgrade it to Infinity LTF and also increase its credit limit, as I have some big purchases lined up for which this limit won't suffice and I have to use another card.
Please look into this as soon as possible

is this ok?

Try your luck very hard to get an upgrade from HDFC.
Your current Card limit, age and annual spends on this card?
2Lacs LTF.
Card age is less than 6months.
Monthly spends around 15-20k.
I was given Plus LTF card from app itself, when others on forum say that above 1.5lacs they provide infinity, I don't know why.

Sir, I've heard that Amazon pay card and SBI cashback card doesn't provide any cashback on gift card purchases.
So the deal is I will buy 2 units of Rs.1lac Tanishq gold jewellery GC from Amazon (screenshot below), and will get 1% off.
My total will be 1.98 Lacs.
Now I already have an Apay card but some gentlemen above told me that I would get cashback only if seller's name is Amazon pvt. ltd., which was not the case as I checked on otp page.
So, is it true?
And which card should I use then? Apay which I already have, or apply which one? Amex or SBI Cashback.
I prefer Statement cashback or Amazon or Flipkart GV (in ascending preference).

And my other 1-2lacs of spending this year will be at offline stores. Not sure they'll accept amex or not. so please help.

@SSV
I have used sbi cashback for buying gift card through amazon pay and have got the cashback almost every time.

I have used sbi cashback for buying gift card through amazon pay and have got the cashback almost every time.
Can you please confirm me when was the last time you used it, and which GV of what value you purchased?
Also, what was the seller name on the otp page in your case?
I'll be very thankful

Back