• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card for Gold Jewellery purchases on different outlets.

Raghav2006

TF Select
Hello everyone,
As the gold price has fallen this week, my family is thinking of buying some gold jewelry from either Tanishq or PCJ. The total purchases might go north of 2lacs.
I already know about Tata Neu card and have that and wanted to know if any other good credit card is there to get for this purchase (not Amex), direct cashback or amazon/flipkart/tanishq/pcj GV is preferred, which I can acquire in tier 2/3 as well.
The credit might be used to buy gold from Local gold merchants in NCR region as well.
Also, if it's in anyone's knowledge, which one out of PCJ and Tanishq charges less making on gold jewelry, and are negotiations done?
Please do let me know, thanks.

Last edited:
last week only, I paid 14% on a plain gold chain and 24.5% on a mangal sutra in Tanishq.
Thanks for the information sir, this is why I am thinking to buy gold chain from local shop as they are not as expensive as necklace, plus it's design doesn't matter much, but I guess for wedding sets etc. there is no other option except Tanishq

Thanks for the information sir, this is why I am thinking to buy gold chain from local shop as they are not as expensive as necklace, plus it's design doesn't matter much, but I guess for wedding sets etc. there is no other option except Tanishq
But the thing is with Tata NEU cards and other discounts like birthday month discounts on service charges, you can easily assume the service charges drop to 6-7%.
And in case, if you use vouchers, you will make some profit.

yes vouchers are best way for good % of offers
For me, It was a sudden decision. Given the amount ~5L, I couldn't plan this with vouchers, so I used my NEU Infinity card directly.
If you have time, better plan and make the best out of it. You can easily make 5% profit compared to any local shops.

For me, It was a sudden decision. Given the amount ~5L, I couldn't plan this with vouchers, so I used my NEU Infinity card directly.
If you have time, better plan and make the best out of it. You can easily make 5% profit compared to any local shops.
Mine is planned but, final bill isn't known yet.
And getting 5% cashback on purchase of tanishq gold GV on Amazon using SBI cashback card hasn't been confirm by anyone.

Mine is planned but, final bill isn't known yet.
And getting 5% cashback on purchase of tanishq gold GV on Amazon using SBI cashback card hasn't been confirm by anyone.
You must have a budget for this. Right?

Also, You have time. You can purchase a small GV and check whether you get cb or not. Or, you can buy AGV from cb card, which would give you 5%. But first, confirm if GV works on Tanishq vouchers or not.

You must have a budget for this. Right?

Also, You have time. You can purchase a small GV and check whether you get cb or not. Or, you can buy AGV from cb card, which would give you 5%. But first, confirm if GV works on Tanishq vouchers or not.
Tanishq store in my town accepts GV.
I have a ballpark budget.
The reason I can’t check if I get cashback is that I don’t this credit card, will apply only if someone confirms

@Raghav2006 then you are sorted. buy GVs.
Better choose the best option available to you for buying the AGV. If you can get DCB or Infinia, this would give a hell lot of return.
I don’t think I can get DCB or Infinia, took co branded hdfc before core, but please let me know if I can get atleast Regalia Gold ltf, I have Icici rubyx with limit above 5lacs.

it does. i attached screenshot on some thread.
I’ve seen some screenshots in the firm sir, but they are not recent, as in my case I have to apply card and then buy GV too as well, can’t apply the card if it doesn’t provide me the benefit I need

I don’t think I can get DCB or Infinia, took co branded hdfc before core, but please let me know if I can get atleast Regalia Gold ltf, I have Icici rubyx with limit above 5lacs.
Apply through branch. Connect with RM or BM first. Keep him in the loop or better if you ask him to apply from his side.

Guys received reply from hdfc grievance that they can upgrade cc from Tata Neu Plus LTF to Infinity paid.
What to do to get them make it LTF.
And they're not offering any LE to me.

Back