• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card for School education spends

devarshi84

TF Buzz
I have tried to post this topic on various threads without much response and Seldom see posts from other users asking similar question. While not useful to many, Education fees goes into lacs for many and is a big expense.

In my case, the fees is collected via an App called Eduqfix. The School doesn't accept fees except cheque. Eduqfix charges certain fees for using a credit card. Also, many cards do not get cashback/ Points for paying school fees as per MCC code.

I was considering getting something like a Kotak IOCL Rupay or Tata neu infinity credit card to make UPI payment for school fees.

What are the thoughts of other card holders?

I need to pay 128000 by this month's end. Will it incur gst? College accepts payments via credit, debit cards and UPI. Also I have ICICI APay and Sbi cashback card and HDFC Swiggy card. Then other useless card like sbi simply save and Kotak league.
Also let me know which card of the above can give me cashback.
GST is implied on surcharge... and surcharge depends on whether the portal levies it or not.... If No surcharge then no GST

Which app do you use to pay fees? My school does not have a portal for fees, bank transfers are the way we have usually paid.
I have paid my son's school fees - directly via the school's website and there was no 3rd party app for it from my memory and was given the usual points,

Our school doesn't have payment option on its website, how do I use a cc to pay fees? Housing.com asks for pan of school which becomes complicated. Don't wish to show the material side of parents 👻

I paid my daughter's school fee directly on school website via HDFC millennia cc and got the OTP for the same amount which I was paying but after settlement of amount it was paid+1.18%
Fight with HDFC for it. I fought with HDFC in 2022, although it took around 1.5 months in fight, had to involve RBI Ombudsman after 30 days but at the end HDFC had to reverse the charges. Email them that they have wrongly put on the charges. They will ask for invoice, share the invoice with them and then sit for few days, after a week email PNO asking for reversal, HDFC will deny the reversal. Then it's time to head to RBI Ombudsman.

Back