• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card for School education spends

devarshi84

TF Buzz
I have tried to post this topic on various threads without much response and Seldom see posts from other users asking similar question. While not useful to many, Education fees goes into lacs for many and is a big expense.

In my case, the fees is collected via an App called Eduqfix. The School doesn't accept fees except cheque. Eduqfix charges certain fees for using a credit card. Also, many cards do not get cashback/ Points for paying school fees as per MCC code.

I was considering getting something like a Kotak IOCL Rupay or Tata neu infinity credit card to make UPI payment for school fees.

What are the thoughts of other card holders?

Does this hold true today as well? There is conflicting information that HDFC is not giving rewards points via red girrafe anymore.
Starting 1st Sep they won't reward any education payments via intermediaries like CRED, Mobikwik etc. If you pay directly from the institution's site you will still get rewards. Giraffe seems to fall under the same category as CRED, Mobikwik.

I need to pay my sister's college fees of 3.10L next month.

Here are the credit cards I have:

1. HDFC Diners Club Privilege Credit Card (3L limit) - Need suggestions on whether to use this.
2. Amazon Pay Credit Card (2.20L limit) - 1% cashback.

I have other cards, but their limits are too low.

If I use the HDFC card, I'll need to prepay about 10k. If I use the Amazon Pay card, I'll need to prepay about 90k. I'm unsure if these options are workable and would appreciate your advice.

University has axis payment gateway

Who is Gopal Sharma?
Kirron Kher Bollywood GIF

He is the anti stereotype of Sharma ji ke beta.
He rotated 70Lakhs for 0.5 % cashback using his dad's and sister cc, got IT notice.
Search his thread.

I need to pay 128000 by this month's end. Will it incur gst? College accepts payments via credit, debit cards and UPI. Also I have ICICI APay and Sbi cashback card and HDFC Swiggy card. Then other useless card like sbi simply save and Kotak league.
Also let me know which card of the above can give me cashback.

I need to pay 128000 by this month's end. Will it incur gst? College accepts payments via credit, debit cards and UPI. Also I have ICICI APay and Sbi cashback card and HDFC Swiggy card. Then other useless card like sbi simply save and Kotak league.
Also let me know which card of the above can give me cashback.
I use swiggy cashback for educational payments but it has a capping of 500 Rs. No extra charges if paid directly on schools website.

Back