• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Demat account AMC charges

Navneeth09

TF Buzz
Hey guys,
I am a newbie in stock investments. I had opened a zerodha demat account more than a year ago, just to understand the process and study workings, and have not done any transaction till now. I also have another demat in Paytm money, which is used for mutual funds only.
The question is: I have not been charged AMC in both accounts, is this normal, or can I expect a huge charge after some years?
(I checked BSDA demat account, but since I have 2 demat, both in cdsl, I can't understand)

Hey guys,
I am a newbie in stock investments. I had opened a zerodha demat account more than a year ago, just to understand the process and study workings, and have not done any transaction till now. I also have another demat in Paytm money, which is used for mutual funds only.
The question is: I have not been charged AMC in both accounts, is this normal, or can I expect a huge charge after some years?
(I checked BSDA demat account, but since I have 2 demat, both in cdsl, I can't understand)

Your are correct bro here. Your Zerodha Demat is in BSDA. So you won't will be charged upto 2 lakhs of portfolio value.... Now I think the limit is changed to 4 lakhs.😃😃

Paytm Money I haven't used it but just wanted to understand were you using that only for MF purchases or Equity also. And here Folio number you are allocated corresponding to MF that you invested or it is binded up with Demat.

Also check in Account Statements of Zerodha and Paytm Money through. Sometimes they charge and your ledger balance goes to negative.

I suggestion use COIN for MF. You will buy only Direct plans and it will be stored in Demat so in future you have any difficulties in redeeming MFs.😄😄

Your are correct bro here. Your Zerodha Demat is in BSDA. So you won't will be charged upto 2 lakhs of portfolio value.... Now I think the limit is changed to 4 lakhs.😃😃

Paytm Money I haven't used it but just wanted to understand were you using that only for MF purchases or Equity also. And here Folio number you are allocated corresponding to MF that you invested or it is binded up with Demat.

Also check in Account Statements of Zerodha and Paytm Money through. Sometimes they charge and your ledger balance goes to negative.

I suggestion use COIN for MF. You will buy only Direct plans and it will be stored in Demat so in future you have any difficulties in redeeming MFs.😄😄
Thank you for the reply bro. I have seen in zerodha website that I shouldn't hold more than 1 demat account for BSDA eligibility(attached screenshot). It was that which confused me, as I held 2 demat.
In the statements there is nothing, as there are no transactions, so it's blank.

I am using only mutual funds part in Paytm money.
Thank you so much for the info on Paytm folio thing, is there way to transfer from Paytm folio to zerodha Coin demat?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240908-065728.webp
    Screenshot_20240908-065728.webp
    122 KB · Views: 2
Thank you for the reply bro. I have seen in zerodha website that I shouldn't hold more than 1 demat account for BSDA eligibility(attached screenshot). It was that which confused me, as I held 2 demat.
In the statements there is nothing, as there are no transactions, so it's blank.

I am using only mutual funds part in Paytm money.
Thank you so much for the info on Paytm folio thing, is there way to transfer from Paytm folio to zerodha Coin demat?
Unfortunately not!!😔😔

Between Folio and Demat form MF... Direct transfer is not available at the moment... So not possible now.😑😑
So your only option is to redeem and buy it again in Coin. But I will suggest whenever you are doing fresh investments in MF... From now onwards do it via Coin.😄😄

Enjoy bro till it last.... As you mentioned Zerodha was for first Demat Account so it will be surely comes into BSDA.. And also as per the screenshot you shared it's limit is increased upto 10 lakhs from current month... This is a very good thing.👍👍

Unfortunately not!!😔😔

Between Folio and Demat form MF... Direct transfer is not available at the moment... So not possible now.😑😑
So your only option is to redeem and buy it again in Coin. But I will suggest whenever you are doing fresh investments in MF... From now onwards do it via Coin.😄😄

Enjoy bro till it last.... As you mentioned Zerodha was for first Demat Account so it will be surely comes into BSDA.. And also as per the screenshot you shared it's limit is increased upto 10 lakhs from current month... This is a very good thing.👍👍
Oh that's a relief...thank you so much bro for taking the time. I will try to liquidate and start in coin.

Oh that's a relief...thank you so much bro for taking the time. I will try to liquidate and start in coin.
And one suggestion, please apply in Bajaj Housing Finance IPO which is opening tomorrow and pray for allotment.😁😁

If you are lucky then you will get the allotment.

Back