• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Difficulties in getting RuPay debit card

asahi

TF Premier
I went to branch to get a rupay card(coz customer care didn’t help) I have mine account with them, after this & that. They said close the account you’re having now & open new one, i said sorry what, I’ve a fd & 2 cc’s with you. i said please upgrade account variant ans: not possible. Told that, even after getting a new account there’s no guarantee that we will give you a rupay card. ICICI is fixated on Visa Cards for some reason. I said thank you mam, I’ll think over it coz i linked this account to various things & left the branch. Why it’s getting this much difficult to get a rupay card. Biggest Joke Happened with Kotak Bank, they went one step further & said we only issue rupay cards to Nri customers

Attachments

• IMG_4417.jpeg
    IMG_4417.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 90
I went to branch to get a rupay card(coz customer care didn’t help) I have mine account with them, after this & that. They said close the account you’re having now & open new one, i said sorry what, I’ve a fd & 2 cc’s with you. i said please upgrade account variant ans: not possible. Told that, even after getting a new account there’s no guarantee that we will give you a rupay card. ICICI is fixated on Visa Cards for some reason. I said thank you mam, I’ll think over it coz i linked this account to various things & left the branch. Why it’s getting this much difficult to get a rupay card. Biggest Joke Happened with Kotak Bank, they went one step further & said we only issue rupay cards to Nri customers
I got my ICICI bank rpdc just by calling the customer care.(its a insta account)

For kotak get everyday savings acc, rupay platinum dc is issued with this acc

So you want to maintain 10k, just for rupay DC?
They’ll find a way for me, Branch Manager gave me her number, said we will find a way for you “to get you a Rupay Dc without any MAB”. she said i have to discuss with my product team etc etc, of course i’ve to maintain some FD I guess but i’m okay with that instead of MAB

They’ll find a way for me, Branch Manager gave me her number, said we will find a way for you “to get you a Rupay Dc without any MAB”. she said i have to discuss with my product team etc etc, of course i’ve to maintain some FD I guess but i’m okay with that instead of MAB
S a d

Why are so desperate after rpdc?

The Amazon offer might go away in next year.

Why are so desperate after rpdc?

The Amazon offer might go away in next year.
Actually my mine card is not working on Icici cash deposit machines(for both credit & debit). & also not working on any other bank atms, so every time when I need cash i have to search for ICICI atm to try my luck, if it works okay otherwise i use cardless cash withdrawal option or transfer my money to other bank sb to withdraw, so as i have to get a New card anyway, it’s better to get rupay over visa in my case

Actually my mine card is not working on Icici cash deposit machines(for both credit & debit). & also not working on any other bank atms, so every time when I need cash i have to search for ICICI atm to try my luck, if it works okay otherwise i use cardless cash withdrawal option or transfer my money to other bank sb to withdraw, so as i have to get a New card anyway, it’s better to get rupay over visa in my case
Try to get wealth account😉

Ask for card replacement or take insta debit card from branch simple 😅

But i have to say One Thing about icici staff in my case: they treated me exceptionally well, one employee dedicated 30+minutes on me to get out the desired outcome. She patiently explained everything & tried every possible scenario to give me the rupay Dc without MAB. Only issue is here My MINE account. As I posted earlier in this community which is the overall best bank i said “icici “ & i stick to it to this day

But i have to say One Thing about icici staff in my case: they treated me exceptionally well, one employee dedicated 30+minutes on me to get out the desired outcome. She patiently explained everything & tried every possible scenario to give me the rupay Dc without MAB. Only issue is here My MINE account. As I posted earlier in this community which is the overall best bank i said “icici “ & i stick to it to this day
Have RM assigned to your account?

Ask for card replacement or take insta debit card from branch simple
For that i don’t have to visit branch, already option is available in imobile app, but here the target is to get rupay dc
Have RM assigned to your account?
No, matter of fact it’s not even my home branch, as they were this polite & patient to me, I changed my home branch to this branch using imobile app

Back