• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Duplicate Credit Card Payment through CRED – Need Help with Resolution

Hi Everyone,

I’m facing an issue with a duplicate payment made for my Axis Bank credit card bill through CRED, and I need your suggestions on how to resolve it.

Background:
1. On 30th August 2024, I made a credit card payment of ₹14,545.04 through Axis Bank. The payment went through successfully, and I received a confirmation.
2. However, on 8th September 2024, I was prompted by the CRED app to make another payment for the same credit card bill. Without realizing the previous payment had already been made, I processed the second payment of ₹14,545.04 through CRED.

Problem:
Both payments have been debited from my account, resulting in a double payment for the same bill. Here’s what I’ve done so far:
- Contacted CRED Support: I couldnt able to raise a request here.
Not sure how to raise in cred app

- Contacted Axis Bank Support: I’ve also contacted Axis Bank for assistance, but I haven’t received any response yet.

Documents:
- I have email confirmations from both Axis Bank (for the first payment) and CRED (for the second payment).

Request:
If anyone here has experienced a similar issue, can you please suggest:
1. What should my next steps be?
2. How long does it typically take for CRED or Axis to resolve such an issue?
3. Should I escalate this further with any specific authority or platform?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Just ask Axis to credit excess payment made to refund to bank account? I wouldn't rely on CRED to help you in this case as the payment is successful.

Back